Chris Lowthians new guide - to Froyo 2.2

http://www.chrislowthian.co.uk/upgrade-you...2/#comment-4355

Oh boy, please help whizzkids! I know you knof this guy and I followed his guide as it was more on my wave length lol. A day later though my o2 sim seems banned/locked or something as had no service for about 5 hours! He uses network 'telefonica 02 limited' and my phone is all of a sudden saying "sim not allowed on that network' basically. Also 3g hasn't been working most of the day and no options are working now. Please help!?

Or can anyone confirm exactly which rom I can use here now I have clockwork installed and now think I know what to to!? I've a week old TFT San Fran and have been loving it I have to say!

Guest lordofangels
http://www.chrislowthian.co.uk/upgrade-you...2/#comment-4355

Oh boy, please help whizzkids! I know you knof this guy and I followed his guide as it was more on my wave length lol. A day later though my o2 sim seems banned/locked or something as had no service for about 5 hours! He uses network 'telefonica 02 limited' and my phone is all of a sudden saying "sim not allowed on that network' basically. Also 3g hasn't been working most of the day and no options are working now. Please help!?

Or can anyone confirm exactly which rom I can use here now I have clockwork installed and now think I know what to to!? I've a week old TFT San Fran and have been loving it I have to say!

Is this THAT GUYS guide?

Edit it is..No disrespect to him, but the guide is a mashed together one from guides on here,

best advice is follow something like this one....Stephen Harpers guide

Edited by lordofangels

Is this THAT GUYS guide?

Edit it is..No disrespect to him, but the guide is a mashed together one from guides on here,

best advice is follow something like this one....Stephen Harpers guide

I appreciate that and the guy has admitted that on here but it just seemed easier for someone of my tech-know-how to understand lol. Can you confirm which ROM then I could change to now please as so many I'm lost???

Guest mrflibbles
my o2 sim seems banned/locked or something as had no service for about 5 hours! He uses network 'telefonica 02 limited' and my phone is all of a sudden saying "sim not allowed on that network' basically. Also 3g hasn't been working most of the day and no options are working now. Please help!?

It's not banned. Or locked. 'Telefonica O2 UK Limited" _IS_ "O2 UK" (as displayed on 2.2).

If you get the message "sim not allowed on that network" I'd guess that the O2 network is no longer available where you are (signal strength?) and your phone is defaulting to a different network in your area.

Edited by mrflibbles

It's not banned. Or locked. 'Telefonica O2 UK Limited" _IS_ "O2 UK" (as displayed on 2.2).

If you get the message "sim not allowed on that network" I'd guess that the O2 network is no longer available where you are (signal strength?) and your phone is defaulting to a different network in your area.

Well I've done nothing so all of a sudden 3g just seems done in my town to me?! :D I've been a few places today with no luck! :P

Should I use a better rom anyway reckon???? Which one is this exactly I've used???

Guest mrflibbles

3G is not working eh? Hmmm... Did you set it up?

After flashing to a New ROM you have to enter the APN for the O2 network provider before you can use data services including 3G and MMS. For some reason O2 doesn't broadcast the information for the handset to do it automatically.

Use the search feature of this board to look for O2 and APN

NOTE: Remember that O2 PAYG and O2 Subscription have different APN settings.

Edited by mrflibbles

3G is not working eh? Hmmm... Did you set it up?

After flashing to a New ROM you have to enter the APN for the O2 network provider before you can use data services including 3G and MMS. For some reason O2 doesn't broadcast the information for the handset to do it automatically.

Use the search feature of this board to look for O2 and APN

NOTE: Remember that O2 PAYG and O2 Subscription have different APN settings.

I've been using it fine since yesterday afternoon. I now have 'service' and 'E' 3g! Is something wrong at 02 for my town do you think???

Guest That-Guy
Is this THAT GUYS guide?

Edit it is..No disrespect to him, but the guide is a mashed together one from guides on here

Not the case, this is how I did it after following a guide on the GiffGaff website.

The guide is written from scratch in my own words and not "copied" from anywhere.

I have also been updating and editing the guide daily when people are having problems etc.

Not the case, this is how I did it after following a guide on the GiffGaff website.

The guide is written from scratch in my own words and not "copied" from anywhere.

I have also been updating and editing the guide daily when people are having problems etc.

Plenty of novices out there like appreciate both your efforts! Now you're all here :D...........I can confirm I'm back up and running but only with Edge 3g. I hadn't go to the stage of resetting my APNs so how can I lose total service for 3-4 hours - no texts, calls, 3g????????

Very worrying!

PS thanks for all the immediate replys EVERYONE!

Guest cmgangrel
Plenty of novices out there like appreciate both your efforts! Now you're all here :D...........I can confirm I'm back up and running but only with Edge 3g. I hadn't go to the stage of resetting my APNs so how can I lose total service for 3-4 hours - no texts, calls, 3g????????

Very worrying!

PS thanks for all the immediate replys EVERYONE!

Well if you didnt change anything at all, and now you are back up and running (in a fashion) then it shows that O2 had problems with their service in your area....

Guest Arr Too

In an ideal world, where you have 'borrowed' sections of text or tried-and-tested procedures, or referenced tools that others have created, there should also be clear acknowledgements, with links back to the original sources. In most cases with your San Francisco blog entries, those sources are threads on this forum (although perhaps sometimes that is indirect, where the borrowing was from other 'keen' writers who have failed to attribute their sources correctly). Directing people back here would not only save you some support issues but would hopefully also provide both feedback to the original creators and the chance of boosting the income of this site. Supporting this site will probably lead to improved and new items that might make good blog entries in future...

Edited by Arr Too

Guest isambard

thanks. i liked your guide too.

Guest StevenHarperUK
thanks. i liked your guide too.

Yes - a Small guide with one ROM on exactly what to do is very neat.

Mine is now getting HUGE - but it has to cater for everyone.

Guest Rotmann

I find this guide to be very good for n00bs who can get easily disoriented on the forum. Good guide! :D Can't understand the hate because it mentions Modaco and Sebastian404.

Guest Stuart_f
I find this guide to be very good for n00bs who can get easily disoriented on the forum. Good guide! :D Can't understand the hate because it mentions Modaco and Sebastian404.

It didn't when he first posted it. He was shamed into adding the attribution later.

Guest Rotmann

He said he forgot it, when putting a guide together it's easy to let some things out. Whatever, the end result looks good and I think it is very useful to a group of audience.

Guest Arr Too
He said he forgot it, when putting a guide together it's easy to let some things out.

He's 'forgotten' attribution in other places, too. And it was so very 'kind' of him to host the downloads elsewhere so he didn't need to link to the source threads here, wasn't it?

Guest That-Guy
going from the file names its de-softened all right.. specially since there is a kernel add on for it now...

Yep it certainly is your ROM, as it says at the top of the guide :D

I can remove the guide if you like, or add remove parts as you see fit. Just trying to share my experience and limited knowledge :P

Guest Rotmann

Again, you mentioned Seb's name and Modaco, you gave credit to them. This is a great help for lots of n00bs, don't see any reason to remove it. The more testers we have, the better it is because we can detect bugs and maybe find fixes.