Rapid's 6.5.3 ROMs (++Sense 2.5.2021++)

Guest Rapid81

Guest Eddie333

Great ROM Rapid, thank you! (Tested TF3D.)

But 4shared is a nightmare - 10$ or 10hours?!?! }:-F

Rapid_JI1_29022_Sense on some reasonable share pleeease!

EDIT:

Done, almost 11 hours (via GSM modem in a low signal area, almost got heart attack, never more! }:-(( ;-)

Anyway, Sense is great, thank you again!

Edited by Eddie333

Guest bobhero

put the ringtones into My Device\Application Data\Sounds folder.

hope it helps

Thanks but unfortunately the ring tones are still not visible in samsung settings or in Windows Mobile settings or in other applications such as the alarm and count down timer.

Rapid could you please include at the very minimum "cloudy tone" (72KB) into any future ROM so that default alarms will work.

Here is a link for the original ringtones (6MB) from my omnia 2:

http://www.mediafire...djnmpm04xuqsd74

Any other suggestions to get the phone to recognize ringtones that aren't cooked in?

As mentioned, placing ringtones into /windows and My Device\Application Data\Sounds does not work.

Edited by bobhero

Guest Rapid81

Thanks but unfortunately the ring tones are still not visible in samsung settings or in Windows Mobile settings or in other applications such as the alarm and count down timer.

Rapid could you please include at the very minimum "cloudy tone" (72KB) into any future ROM so that default alarms will work.

Here is a link for the original ringtones (6MB) from my omnia 2:

http://www.mediafire...djnmpm04xuqsd74

Any other suggestions to get the phone to recognize ringtones that aren't cooked in?

As mentioned, placing ringtones into /windows and My Device\Application Data\Sounds does not work.

Copy the ringtones to My Documents or to My Storage and that's all. The stock Windows alarm only recognize .wav files, the Samsung's alarm uses mp3 files too. My ringtones and alarm sounds are in \My Storage\.

strange, it works for me at least for every of Rapid's ROM I have used and currently using. Hope u can find your solution soon

:)

Guest bobhero

Copy the ringtones to My Documents or to My Storage and that's all. The stock Windows alarm only recognize .wav files, the Samsung's alarm uses mp3 files too. My ringtones and alarm sounds are in \My Storage\.

Thanks to all. I discovered that the ringtones were set at "hidden" for some reason. Unchecking this attribute allowed them to show up.

Rapid, I still would request "cloudy tone" be cooked into the windows directory, so that the default alarm and count down timer will work out of the box.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

hello... may anyone help me... i cant received MMS... when im sending is ok... others can received... but when they send to me... the msg is sent but im not receiving it...

im using cooked ROM from RAPID ver. 29022

please anyone help me...

TQ.

Edited by cairo87

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest MikaKetola

Hello

I have very strange problem.

My phone before update.

pda i8000nXXJA5

csc i8000DBTJA5

phone i8000XXJA3

After update.

pda RAPIDNXXJI1 THIS IS WITH SENSE

csc i8000PROJG4

phone i8000XXJA3

Problem is. If i go "PEOPLE" anc click someone and open details.

I can click "Call mobile" and make call. But if i click send message

and try to send something phone tell me "SIM CARD NOT READY" "SIM CARD IS MISSING".

Problem is only sense problem. I can send message another way.

Please help and thx.

EDIT: also problem with mms... i cant received mms

/Mika

Edited by MikaKetola

• 2 months later...
Guest YuridaE

hi, can u help me? this is the first time i'll change the rom of my phone. i want to know where is the .eb0 file and the csc file. ive downloaded Rapid_JI1_29022_Sense.7z and it only have .nb0 file. what should i know? whats the meaning of the JI1 and 29022. sorry im newbie.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Arturnikon

Hello

I have very strange problem.

My phone before update.

pda i8000nXXJA5

csc i8000DBTJA5

phone i8000XXJA3

After update.

pda RAPIDNXXJI1 THIS IS WITH SENSE

csc i8000PROJG4

phone i8000XXJA3

Problem is. If i go "PEOPLE" anc click someone and open details.

I can click "Call mobile" and make call. But if i click send message

and try to send something phone tell me "SIM CARD NOT READY" "SIM CARD IS MISSING".

Problem is only sense problem. I can send message another way.

Please help and thx.

EDIT: also problem with mms... i cant received mms

/Mika

Hi,

I presume that, anyone has the same problems.

The Sence Rom create bug’s with de Samsung massager. Same times I received a SMS and I’m notified but a can’t view the SMS a have to go to the Samsung massager to read.

Now the SMS is corrected display on Sence massager.

I have another problem: when I use music playres the scream is allays on. If I use the lock key(to economize battery). Appears one display de unlock slide and after 30s the phone shutdown the music. So if I want listen music. I have to have the backlight always on.

And the battery goes out very fast

Edited by Arturnikon

• 1 month later...
Guest davedentalnz

Hi Rapid,

Really appreciate this, I just stole my dads Omnia II and flashed from stock firmware to yours. This is a great custom rom, incredibly fast (with a little overclocking ;)).

How do i donate to you over paypal? It has breathed new life into this phone so has saved me from getting a new device... yet...

I have one question (if you are still around), my phones internal GPS isnt being picked up by any GPS software since flashing, I have tried hard resetting, changing ports from com 4 to com 7 like it was in stock, and using a GPS intermediate driver, but the GPS (chip?) isn't being detected on the phone by any software at all.

Any thoughts? Registry edits i should try etc?

Thanks,

Dave

Guest davedentalnz

Hi Rapid,

Really appreciate this, I just stole my dads Omnia II and flashed from stock firmware to yours. This is a great custom rom, incredibly fast (with a little overclocking ;)).

How do i donate to you over paypal? It has breathed new life into this phone so has saved me from getting a new device... yet...

I have one question (if you are still around), my phones internal GPS isnt being picked up by any GPS software since flashing, I have tried hard resetting, changing ports from com 4 to com 7 like it was in stock, and using a GPS intermediate driver, but the GPS (chip?) isn't being detected on the phone by any software at all.

Any thoughts? Registry edits i should try etc?

Thanks,

Dave

-Edit - corrected the GPS probs, it was just not having the hardware port set as well, now all GPS apps work fine! Thanks anyway bro!

Guest FOLENPIED

Hello Rapid81,

I just installed this Rom (Build 29022,5,3,12) and this is by far the most formidable that I tested. It will remain on my OMNIA II because it is exactly what I wanted if I cook ... but I'm just a humble French user, require a little bit.

So a big thank you for this wonderful achievement that revolutionized my smatphone!

NB: I used the French language proposed in the ROM, but loses the advantages of the original ROM! Can this be done simply by installing 040C mui files? Is there a French language pack for NXXJI1?

Guest FOLENPIED

Hi Rapid,

I just read the whole forum (not easy, I lack the vocabulary!) And I understood how to flash this rom in french! I will try again with a French CSC, and put the backup on top?!

Thank you again for this great achievement, you assuredly merrite a french beer! Health!

• 2 months later...
Guest c4prlm4st3r

-Edit - corrected the GPS probs, it was just not having the hardware port set as well, now all GPS apps work fine! Thanks anyway bro!

Dude,how you fix your gps?mine cannot lock satellite even i tried to change the com port. I am using garmin XT.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...