Rapid's 6.5.3 ROMs (++Sense 2.5.2021++)

Guest Rapid81

Guest taram7703

Thanks for your Rom sense Rapid. I've try a lot of Sense Rom and your is the best, very good speed. No bug...

Good Ram space. Nice. :P Thank you very much.

Sorry for my poor english, i'm french.

Edit : I,ve bug, when i want put a shortcut in the home, i see a white square and after reboot, all is ok.

an other thing, i don't see the miniature of the website in the favorites, is it normal ?

Edited by taram7703

Guest Big Gay Al

Hi,

Firstly - Thanks for the time that you've spent in bring this ROM to us all :-)

I've been using this ROM for a week or two now and have these issues to raise:

> I got a message saying that some process had failed, over and over again, when synchrosising by USB connection. I turned fault reporting off.

> Calendar reminders keep recurring ever 5 minutes, even when cancelled. Suddenly this stopped and now I don't get reminders at all - but the phone "wakes up" and lights up when a reminder would have occurred.

> I use an external GPS receiver, having long since given up on getting the internal GPS receiver to work with TomTom - although with this ROM I cannot allocate a COM port to the GPS device, so cannot therefor use it.

Great ROM apart from these issues - I love your additions - you have breathed new life into my "old" Omnia II

Cheers

Al

Guest Rapid81
Hi,

Firstly - Thanks for the time that you've spent in bring this ROM to us all :-)

I've been using this ROM for a week or two now and have these issues to raise:

> I got a message saying that some process had failed, over and over again, when synchrosising by USB connection. I turned fault reporting off.

> Calendar reminders keep recurring ever 5 minutes, even when cancelled. Suddenly this stopped and now I don't get reminders at all - but the phone "wakes up" and lights up when a reminder would have occurred.

> I use an external GPS receiver, having long since given up on getting the internal GPS receiver to work with TomTom - although with this ROM I cannot allocate a COM port to the GPS device, so cannot therefor use it.

Great ROM apart from these issues - I love your additions - you have breathed new life into my "old" Omnia II

Cheers

Al

Did you flashed the full version (.mst) of this ROM (JI1) before you flashed mine? If not, then do it. Flash the .mst, then flash mine. If you not used the JI1 full, before flashed mine, the ROM may have problems. And this is the case at every ROM, not just mine. If you flash a cooked ROM, I recommend you to flash the original ROM from that version (except eboot, that's not needed), before flashing the cooked.

Guest bog_dan28

Hi Rapid!

Thank you very much for these wonderful roms. I've used for one day the v2 and it's amazingly fast!

After that I switched to the sense version. I like it very much, very smooth and good looking, with a few glitches, but since it's still in beta version it's perfect.

One question if I may - I use the alarm quite often and in the sense i can't select other tones than the standard windows one, that aren't any good. Is there a way around this without using the samsung clock?

Thank you very much and I would really appreciate the answer!

PS: issues: when using sense, you can't see email setup (there's a black line where the letters are, but they are also black, so you can't see anything) Same thing in the sense calendar - you can't make appointments.

The sense calendar - sometimes it's white and you can't see anything, sometimes it's black, and it's perfect.

While viewing, some mails have white letters on white background.

In sense, (in the mail tab), some mails appear as a black rectangle.

Edited by bog_dan28

Guest ahmadblu

Hi Rapid!

my ip have problem with 4shared

can u upload all files or just this folder(!Sense, TouchFlo3D & Extras ) on another server like hotfile.

thank u very much.

Guest tugausa

hey Rapid! to start.... great job.... fast and with almost everything i need instead of other roms that have tons of stuff that just consume memory and battery...

the thing is... when i turn the o2 to the side the keyboard doesnt expand... i mean, the keys dont get any bigger and larger... it just rotates the one i usually see... as you can imagine... it takes most of the screen and cant use anything... how do i correct this?

Guest tugausa

did anyone else after a few reboots had to flash the o2 again? I had to do it again today cause after the boot logo from windows the o2 became totally blank and only turned offf ..

Guest Big Gay Al
Did you flashed the full version (.mst) of this ROM (JI1) before you flashed mine? If not, then do it. Flash the .mst, then flash mine. If you not used the JI1 full, before flashed mine, the ROM may have problems. And this is the case at every ROM, not just mine. If you flash a cooked ROM, I recommend you to flash the original ROM from that version (except eboot, that's not needed), before flashing the cooked.

Many thanks for your reply.

I followed your advice and the result is that the i8000 is better behaved overall - BUT - I still cannot successfully add an external GPS device. Whereas before following your advice, no COM device was listed after paring the bluetooth GPS receiver, this time, a "Serial Port" is listed, but instead of stating which one is allocated it is listed as "Deactivated". Nothing I can do can change this.

Hey ho - I should have chosen a phone that was compatible with TomTom!

Cheers

Al

Guest Big Gay Al
Many thanks for your reply.

I followed your advice and the result is that the i8000 is better behaved overall - BUT - I still cannot successfully add an external GPS device. Whereas before following your advice, no COM device was listed after paring the bluetooth GPS receiver, this time, a "Serial Port" is listed, but instead of stating which one is allocated it is listed as "Deactivated". Nothing I can do can change this.

Hey ho - I should have chosen a phone that was compatible with TomTom!

Cheers

Al

I gave up trynig to get Tomtom working with the Omnia 2. No combination of ROMs or versions of windows or registry tweaks or gpsgate have proved successfull and reliable.

BUT - I am glad to say that this version of ROMs works with my recently purchased version of Co-Pilot 8 (this may also work with other ROMs as well)

Cheers

Alastair

Guest Nguyen Vu Chuong
Here's my first 6.5.3 ROMs.

The ROMs are is in Beta phase, but good for daily usage.

From now, the TF3D and Sense versions are also available.

Last updated: 16/01/2011 (NXXJI1 with build 29007) - V2

Changelog at 16/01/2011:

• Error reporting disabled by default (now for real :huh:)
  • MP3s deleted (from registry too) except "Samsung Tune.mp3"
  • Touch responsiveness set to maximum
    • Total Commander 2.52 ß3
    • ArkSwitch changed to xTask
    • Green Taskbar, not Blue
    • Error reporting disabled by default
    • O2Flash 1.2
    • MP3s deleted, except "Big Samsung Tune.mp3" and "Samsung Tune.mp3"
    • GPRS Counter removed
      • Smart Sync
      • Cube
      • Smart Reader
      • Samsung Main Menu
      • Other languages and keyboards than english
      • Application Store
      • Games
      • Backgrounds
      • Youtube
      • QIK
      • Opera 9.5
      • Google Maps
      • Podcast
      • Facebook
      • Samsung FunClub
      • i8000 handbook
      • Widgets
      • MSN Weather
      • MSN Money
      • Live Search
      • SkyBox
      • SkyMarket
      • Marketplace
      • Outlook Live Updater
      • Today Selector
      • MS My Phone
        • O2Flash 1.1 (on Button1)
        • SDKCerts 2010
        • Samsung SDK 2.2
        • Opera Mobile 10 Final
        • Total Commander
        • SoftReset program
        • WiFi On/Off shortcut
        • Bluetooth On/Off shortcut
        • sgoo's Backlight on Lockscreen patch
        • MortScript 4.2
        • Camera fix to date-time picture name format
        • Tacchan23 Black Theme & Tacchan23 DuskGreen Taskbar
        • HTCSensorSDK.dll

• Page Pool Size changed to 8MB
          • Task manager on Button1 hold
          • WinMo Settings on by default
          • GPS on optimum settings (COM4 / 9600)
          • Changed icons and some new (pl.: "New SMS")
          • 4 rows Start Menu
          • Front Camera support
          • Registry entry to the photoalbum filter added
          • New welcome screen

Download

Mirror:

[*]Rapidshare

Recommendations:

[*]Flash with Octans 2.14

[*]You can flash it with any CSC and you need to, because if you do not flash CSC, you may run into some troubles. :)

Fixes:

[*]If you not like the darkblue texts on black background, then install this: This will make the default text color to white, and the selection to grey.

Some screenshots:

Can you help to provide the other files of ROM 6.5 as: Phone(.bin), Eboot (.eb0) and CSC(.csc). thanks you so much!

Guest Rapid81
what is password to open the zip file?

No password in any of my ROM's files.

rapid how do you flash roms????

Read the forum and you'll find out. You can found even a video about it...

Guest enzim10
No password in any of my ROM's files.

Read the forum and you'll find out. You can found even a video about it...

sorry i download not finish..and seem it failed to open.. now redownload.

between i try searching scs file.. may u show link for it.. kinda new here,,. try search but not sure which one.. :huh:

Thanks Rapid!

Nice rom. Looks promising.

First impression is that it feels more like a 6.5 :huh:

Fonts are too small to be used as "finger friendly"

Guest Rapid81
what about update? :) 6.5.3 build 29017 is out :huh:

And where is it? I know it exists, but the DFT not released it to the public. :P

Guest mike1544

A big thank you Rapid.

This was my first attempt at flashing so it was great to see my Omnia I8000 boot up without the features of a brick (my biggest fear, but I'm due for an upgrade so thought "why not?"

For all the Win 7 (32 bit) operators out there I thought I'd post a step by step for them (I know these are out there but they read like a dogs breakfast)

1. Download OCTRANS 2.14, CDMA Modem driver 4.34, USB Driver X86 32bit and of course the ROM.

2. Extract the ROM (so it has .nb0 at the end), OCTRANS zip and the other drivers.

3. Install the CDMA Modem Driver (the default Program Files location will do)

4. Turn the Omnia off (and not the soft key button that turns the screen off! Use a long push on the bottom right button)

5. Plug it in to a USB cable attached to the computer USB port (not through a Hub!)

6. Go to Control Panel / Device Manager and look for mobile devices. Right click the Samsung item and select "Uninstall driver" (the driver used on Win 7 is a later driver and it won't accept your downloaded driver) follow all the prompts to unistall the driver. Unplug the Omnia and then plug it back in. Open or refresh Device Manager and you should see an unsigned device. Click it and update the driver to your downloaded one (older version driver) (this step is necessary as OCTRANS later on fails to connect to the device with the new driver installed)

7. RESTART YOUR COMPUTER!

8. Turn on your Omnia and ensure Windows Mobile Device Centre connects to your Omnia.

9. Unplug your Omnia and turn it off

10. Go to the folder holding OCTRANS 2.14. Right click on the program and select Properties / Compatibility. Tick the box Run this program in.... Scroll down the compatability options and select Windows XP (Service Pack 3). Click APPLY and OK.

11. Open OCTRANS 2.14

12. Click PDA. Navigate to the the file Rapid_JI1(29007)_Naked_ENG.nbo. Select it

13. I chose to select Preserve device's contents so I wouldn't lose my data on My Storage

14. Click Detect

15. Connect your TURNED OFF Omnia to the USB cable.

16. If all went well the Start Downloading button will activate. Click it and sit back.

The device will boot up after a while and then activate the 1 prompt that appears during boot up (apart from the pesky Calibrate screen) Wait until the phone is full booted up and showing the Today screen before unpluging.

Enjoy exploring