signature failure with updating custom ROM to my pad

Guest shawngong

Hi there,

I have an pad that is a giveaway of buying a car. It looks exactly the same as Commitiva N700 and the same hardware suite (like CPU, ram etc.). But it's an android2.1 system. So I was trying to update it with Modaco custom ROM with online ketchen.

But it fails at the step "verifying update package", here is the error log:

-- Install from sdcard...

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

E: signature verification failed

Installation aborted.

Can someone help through?

many thanks.

Hi there,

I have an pad that is a giveaway of buying a car. It looks exactly the same as Commtiva N700 and the same hardware suite (like CPU, ram etc.). But it's an android2.1 system. So I was trying to update it with Modaco custom ROM with on line kitchen.

But it fails at the step "verifying update package", here is the error log:

-- Install from sdcard...

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

E: signature verification failed

Installation aborted.

Can someone help through?

many thanks.

Now I know very little about what your doing, but from the above log I see the phone considerer's the package your trying to install is suspect? ... Something that I suspect a closed phone would complain about? ... Dunno'

The artical on the kitchen sink build is extensive and I'd recomemned you go through it all. ... There is some mention of a CRC and installing 'unsigned' programmes, but I'm not sure where the argument goes in an 'open' phone.

So I've got to ask! ... You have 'ROOTED', your phone haven't you? ... And you have made a backup?

RGDS.

Guest shawngong
Now I know very little about what your doing, but from the above log I see the phone considerer's the package your trying to install is suspect? ... Something that I suspect a closed phone would complain about? ... Dunno'

The artical on the kitchen sink build is extensive and I'd recomemned you go through it all. ... There is some mention of a CRC and installing 'unsigned' programmes, but I'm not sure where the argument goes in an 'open' phone.

So I've got to ask! ... You have 'ROOTED', your phone haven't you? ... And you have made a backup?

RGDS.

I got it. I use a new cwrecovery, then it works. thanks.

Guest mintyji
I got it. I use a new cwrecovery, then it works. thanks.

sorry but could u please explain the procedure what is new cwrecovery ,iam also stuck on that part ;)