Cyanogen Mod 7 For Blade

Guest olionair

Guest olionair

here is a non working version of cm 7 on my friends git hub https://github.com/HCDRJacob/device_zte_blade

(download the source and fix it !)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check this website out for some info on CM7 :D

http://tech-gizmo.com/

and this for a cool video review :P

Edited by olionair

Guest BArtNimal
well i have a friend on the cyanogen mod team and me and him are looking into it

that would be great. i think someone started working on a port (tom g if i remember correctly)

only help i can offer is testing, and would do that gladly.

I´m waiting 4 this all time, Godo look, i can test in my tft too, if someone prepare the room, great room are Cyanogen. I have Boston an rocks...

Edit; Here are a great room´s too... No offense.

Edited by Comas

Guest Frankish
This sounds too good to be true, but still wondering Cyanogen mod 7 will be based by the AOSP version 2.3 right?

Yeah CM7 is based on 2.3... We won't get ports of any other roms until we get RIL working properly.

On a side note where is your username from?

Slightly OT but didnt the guys at ZTE say we would get the kernel source on the 7th? And i mean the uk blade not the 003Z blade

Sure, UK blade is not 003Z blade, and for UK blade there is no official froyo, so there cannot be official kernel source. Anyways, why do you need an other kernel source? This one seems okay, considering flb and kk could build very nice froyos on top of that.

Guest Rotmann
Sure, UK blade is not 003Z blade, and for UK blade there is no official froyo, so there cannot be official kernel source. Anyways, why do you need an other kernel source? This one seems okay, considering flb and kk could build very nice froyos on top of that.

Because there are still many RIL lib problems, the chinese and the japanese blades are pretty different to our blades.

Because there are still many RIL lib problems, the chinese and the japanese blades are pretty different to our blades.

The RIL problems have nothing to do with kernel source (I don't know why I bother repeating this, no one listens).

Edited by Tom G

Guest Rotmann
The RIL problems have nothing to do with kernel source (I don't know why I bother repeating this, no one listens).

:D sorry. Could you explain then why we are not able to get special ROMs? Like CM or MIUI.

Guest mrflibbles

We were listening. (Or at least I was). From what I gleamed from your posts : Android's Radio Interface Layer (RIL) provides an abstraction layer between Android telephony services (android.telephony) and radio hardware. You can see from the diagram that the Kernel and the RIL are quite separate.

telephony.gif

While the Kernel is open-source large parts of Android can be modified without releasing source or information. I think from reading normally the hardware customisation is done only in the vendor RIL (system/libs/libril_vendor.so) but on the Blade for some reason ZTE have modified the telephony framework (java/android/telephony). This makes telephony and RIL interfaces for the Blade different to AOSP used by CM.

If we could work out why and how they changed the telephony framework then we could modify AOSP but that is a difficult task unless ZTE developers give us the information.

Is that right?

I'd be curious to know more details about how you know the telephony framework has changed? (i.e. things just don't compile?)

Edited by mrflibbles