Ask a daft question!

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Guest adamguest1985
press menu-> and then you will discover!

Compose, search, or settings. :lol:

Another one - what's the best (marketplace & free) app for loading non-market apps from sd?

Edited by adamguest1985

Guest jones1901

Ask a daft question! Love it! What a great forum.

OK, I'm dead new to all this.

I got a San Francisco in my sticky little hand this lunchtime and unlocked it. I downloaded fastboot and boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img but when I go fastboot-windows flash boot ... I just get:

< waiting for device >

and the little white line flashing superciliously at me underneath the message.

I've given it an hour or so but it's still doing it.

Am I doing anything obviously wrong? The USB seems attached so it looks to be plugged in OK.

Thanks for reading!

I got a San Francisco in my sticky little hand this lunchtime and unlocked it. I downloaded fastboot and boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img but when I go fastboot-windows flash boot ... I just get:

< waiting for device >

Am I doing anything obviously wrong? The USB seems attached so it looks to be plugged in OK.

Thanks for reading!

install the drivers

better still, try this:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-the-zte-blade/

Guest Matty-p

< waiting for device >

Thanks for reading!

We quit using mrci. Ages ago

Compose, search, or settings. :lol:

Another one - what's the best (marketplace & free) app for loading non-market apps from sd?

you dont need an app to load apps from the sd card

< waiting for device >

Thanks for reading!

your trouble is only half the instructions were given to you... I followed the same thread with the same result and had to take the battery out to turn the phone off. I PM'd the author without reply but he's probably swamped. RULE 1 is nobody here works for ZTE (I'm assuming) and therefore any third party work done here carries risk if you attempt instructions where the poster assumes you've installed a program like clockworkrecovery mod or you know how to use APB or you are a phone engineer or have a BA in computer software. I would suggest rather than root you install a 2.2 rom and follow the instructions by StevenHarperUK as he seems to be one of the few people here who takes the time and effort to write complete instructions written very clearly stating what you need, where to get it, where it goes and how to do it. Only 1 problem is that you will lose caller id and searching the dead ends on this site trying to find solutions takes hours... I would say, put up with that in exchange for all the fantastic improvements the 2.2 offers... and hopefully a newer rom with this minor hiccup removed will appear.

Guest Rotmann
I find typing on most websites a nightmare. Very laggy, eBay is pretty bad for me as well as this forum. Someone should make modaco app :) ;) :o

I'm using Paul's 2.2 alpha 4

Upgrade to a newer ROM, alpha 4 is rubbish compared to thw new ones

hi

if i unlock my fone from orange and go to o2 will the signal be better? my old phone was on o2 n signal was wicked n when i topped up i would recive my free texts there n then but with orange i have to wait till the 22nd of each month for my free texts to arrive n meanwhile my credit gets rinsed lol

Yes.

Does anybody know more about the camera-sensor in the 3MP-version? The 5MP-version should have the ov5642, as stated here: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...l-optimization/

Where can I get more information about the hardware?

Maybe this wil help?

How do you edit a topic ?

Full edit the first post

is there any decent headset/ear pieces for the Blade yet?

Look.

when I want to put music on the phone do i put it in a certain folder or do i need to create 1?

Also when I've done that...how do I make one of the song a ringtone?

Put it in a folder like music, the music program will scan. Open the song in the music program, MENU-set as ringtone.

Why are the links provided for android all backwards?

:) w00t

< waiting for device >

Thanks for reading!

Use Recovery Manager, it's brilliant, no need for drivers, command lines, etc.

your trouble is only half the instructions were given to you... I followed the same thread with the same result and had to take the battery out to turn the phone off. I PM'd the author without reply but he's probably swamped. RULE 1 is nobody here works for ZTE (I'm assuming) and therefore any third party work done here carries risk if you attempt instructions where the poster assumes you've installed a program like clockworkrecovery mod or you know how to use APB or you are a phone engineer or have a BA in computer software. I would suggest rather than root you install a 2.2 rom and follow the instructions by StevenHarperUK as he seems to be one of the few people here who takes the time and effort to write complete instructions written very clearly stating what you need, where to get it, where it goes and how to do it. Only 1 problem is that you will lose caller id and searching the dead ends on this site trying to find solutions takes hours... I would say, put up with that in exchange for all the fantastic improvements the 2.2 offers... and hopefully a newer rom with this minor hiccup removed will appear.

Also, use Recovery Manager.

Q: Is there a fix available to the Youtube "green" bar problem with Froyo ROMs (not switching off stagefright?)

Thanks! :lol:

Set stagefright-http in build.prop to false. Use forum search.

Guest wolverine73

Need a little help regarding the LauncherPro 'Bookmarks' widget please.

Everytime a put it on screen it gives me a list of 4 Chinese websites (one with the 3G symbol at the end).

I have my own bookmarks bookmarked :lol: on the Dolphin Browser but these never show up on the Launcher Pro widget.

I've been into the Launcher Pro widget settings and tried every possible combination of sorting order but still unable to get rid of Chinese websites or add my own :)

I know there are a multitude of other bookmark apps available but i just wanted to get this working - any help would be great :)

Guest jones1901

HMZX, Matty-p, gravy1, Rotmann...

Thanks for your rapid response and wise words.

Reading between the lines, it looks like I should use RecoveryManager.

I'll need to reconfigure my personal clock, though, Matty-p. Ages ago, on this forum, seems to be last October (when Paul uploaded the vid I'm following onto YouTube). Me, I don't think my daughter was born ages ago (and she's 28). :lol:

Guest jones1901
HMZX, Matty-p, gravy1, Rotmann...

Thanks for your rapid response and wise words.

Reading between the lines, it looks like I should use RecoveryManager.

I'm steaming along now, thanks to you blokes on this forum! I'm rooted (no longer in the Australian sense).

The only thing is, following Mr Harper's instructions, I notice that the MD5 sums:

recovery-clockwork-blade-2.5.1.8.img is cae9935b88359dc96859d39f20d8a821

japanese_jellyfish_RLS9.zip it's 1698cf7af9d130b02ddc471d089751d8

Do I need a different version of recovery-clockwork-blade ?

Ta once again.

Guest Phoenix Silver
I'm steaming along now, thanks to you blokes on this forum! I'm rooted (no longer in the Australian sense).

The only thing is, following Mr Harper's instructions, I notice that the MD5 sums:

recovery-clockwork-blade-2.5.1.8.img is cae9935b88359dc96859d39f20d8a821

japanese_jellyfish_RLS9.zip it's 1698cf7af9d130b02ddc471d089751d8

Do I need a different version of recovery-clockwork-blade ?

Ta once again.

no :lol:

each file has its md5 sum

what you have to do is compare the file on internet and the same file in your computer

the 2 files should have the same number

if they don't have the same number your download is wrong and you have to download the file again

Guest Rotmann
Need a little help regarding the LauncherPro 'Bookmarks' widget please.

Everytime a put it on screen it gives me a list of 4 Chinese websites (one with the 3G symbol at the end).

I have my own bookmarks bookmarked :lol: on the Dolphin Browser but these never show up on the Launcher Pro widget.

I've been into the Launcher Pro widget settings and tried every possible combination of sorting order but still unable to get rid of Chinese websites or add my own :)

I know there are a multitude of other bookmark apps available but i just wanted to get this working - any help would be great :)

LauncherPro gets the bookmarks from the android browser. Go into browser and manage the bookmarks there.

haaaaaaaaaa thanks

just took 3 weeks to have this simple answer

tyvm

Sorry, don't look too often here. You could have tried it yourself though ;)

Edited by Rotmann

Guest Phoenix Silver
LauncherPro gets the bookmarks from the android browser. Go into browser and manage the bookmarks there.

Sorry, don't look too often here. You could have tried it yourself though :lol:

i was looking for a button in the page itself as usual for many forums

never thought edit the first post

3 weeks wasn't for you :) i appreciate your help

i have asked the question in forum in 3 or 4 places and no answer :)

Edited by Phoenix Silver

how do u change it so numbers on ur phone arent like 000-000-00000 so they go normal without the -?

Which ROM are you using? This doesn't happen on JapJelly RLS6 (archaic, I know).

Also, where are your contacts stored? (ex. SIM card, phone, et cetera)

And now I has two questions:

1- What are the advantages of upgrading from JJ6 to JJ9? 6 seems stable enough, everything's fast, battery is fine.

2- Does everything from http://circle.glx.nl work on the Blade?

Guest FrankieADZ
Which ROM are you using? This doesn't happen on JapJelly RLS6 (archaic, I know).

1- What are the advantages of upgrading from JJ6 to JJ9? 6 seems stable enough, everything's fast, battery is fine.

Im using Paul R11 froyo rom, and the contacts are stored on my SD atm, BUT, they didnt appear like it before.

1) jj9 has MUCH better battery and a few fixes for the problems in the earlier versions

its worth it! just go for it

2) supposedly, yes. i havent tried myself, but there was a post and topic around here about it working.

you need to upload your own framework though :lol: or the one you are using

EDIT: found it:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...tor-in-taskbar/

advice on here about that website

Edited by HMZX