Stupid Question from a Relative Noob

Guest JamD

Hello all, I have recently moved from iOS to my Desire HD, loving it. Have been reading a lot about rooting, and have downloaded visionary r14, didn't work, so I assumed I had the latest software. This is the stupid noob question, how do I actually see what software I have. When I go into the software information page its telling me the software number is 1.24.405.1, same with the build number. The Kernal is 2.6.32.21, and the baseband is 12.27.60.14bU_26.02.00.29_M4, and its running Android 2.2.

Any ideas?

Hello all, I have recently moved from iOS to my Desire HD, loving it. Have been reading a lot about rooting, and have downloaded visionary r14, didn't work, so I assumed I had the latest software. This is the stupid noob question, how do I actually see what software I have. When I go into the software information page its telling me the software number is 1.24.405.1, same with the build number. The Kernal is 2.6.32.21, and the baseband is 12.27.60.14bU_26.02.00.29_M4, and its running Android 2.2.

Any ideas?

Try first to update it to 1.32 (settings->about phone->system software updates->check now). If there are no updates available, that means you own latest version (in your case 1.24. Also latest stable android for DHD is 2.2. They did some update for 2.2.1 (1.72 software number version), but it was not stable as it should be, so they removed that update.

We are kind on a same step for android :D, but I did a lot of research before I got mine lovely DHD, like one month before hehe... I hope I did help you with this post.

Greetings,

Denis

You should... I saw some people had problems to root their phone. Run Visionary and press on temproot. If it will stuck on rooting phone now (or something like that) for long time as it did to me first time, try to restart phone (press and hold power button -> restart phone), after that try again.

I do and will use root only when I will need it, otherwise it will allways be unrooted. Also if you don`t get superuser application, you can install it later from market for free (but I think it is included in visionary).