worth getting this

Guest lilzad

I don't know what the zte blade is like, but I can tell you wont be disappointed with the Defy. It's the best I've ever owned!

if you dont mind me asking what was your last phone so I no what you are comparing it to. thanx

I've had the San Fran for over three months and my partner has had the Defy for just over a month. The Defy is the more polished product, unsurprisingly, but not to a degree that has me disappointed with my San Fran.

She got the phone free on a two year £15 per month T-Mobile contract with 300 minutes, 300 texts and 1GB data. She took out the contract with Buy Mobile Phones via the TopCashBack website (see my sig) and should get £30 in cash back from them. So her all-in cost over two years should be £330 give or take.

I paid £85 for my OLED San Fran and it's costing me nothing at all to run it on giffgaff as the accumulation of Payback credit is easily exceeding the rate at which I'm spending it. That may change in the coming months, so I'll estimate that my two year costs will amount to maybe £150 in total, maybe a good deal less though. That's a saving I'm happy to make as I think the San Fran is well suited to serve my needs. I really have no complaints about it. Your mileage may vary.

Edited by tdodd

I've had the San Fran for over three months and my partner has had the Defy for just over a month. The Defy is the more polished product, unsurprisingly, but not to a degree that has me disappointed with my San Fran.

She got the phone free on a two year £15 per month T-Mobile contract with 300 minutes, 300 texts and 1GB data. She took out the contract with Buy Mobile Phones via the TopCashBack website (see my sig) and should get £30 in cash back from them. So her all-in cost over two years should be £330 give or take.

I paid £85 for my OLED San Fran and it's costing me nothing at all to run it on giffgaff as the accumulation of Payback credit is easily exceeding the rate at which I'm spending it. That may change in the coming months, so I'll estimate that my two year costs will amount to maybe £150 in total, maybe a good deal less though. That's a saving I'm happy to make as I think the San Fran is well suited to serve my needs. I really have no complaints about it. Your mileage may vary.

if u were to compare both fone in performance and things like that is the defy better cause of that cpu or u cnt really notice it aswell does it support things like multi touch and does it work correctly cause on the blade it doesnt. also if u tried to get the defy with t-mobile u could ave got 300min unlimited text and unlimited internet with a 3gb fair T&U policy. anyways if you could answer those question will really help thnx :D

if u were to compare both fone in performance and things like that is the defy better cause of that cpu or u cnt really notice it aswell does it support things like multi touch and does it work correctly cause on the blade it doesnt. also if u tried to get the defy with t-mobile u could ave got 300min unlimited text and unlimited internet with a 3gb fair T&U policy. anyways if you could answer those question will really help thnx :D

The only obvious difference I've noticed in performance is that her Defy repeatedly finishes loading the BBC home page (desktop version) in around 10 seconds over WiFi whereas my San Fran takes at least 30 seconds, sometimes more, to finish rendering the page. Both play Angry Birds well enough and I have no complaints about the YouTube app playing videos on the stock ROM on the San Fran. Beyond that neither of us make big demands on the phone for performance. The screen is good on both. The Defy has a few more pixels, which are obvious when browsing web pages or navigating menus/settings, but a nice bonus rather than a must have. Neither of us use multi-touch so I can't comment on that. I don't think we have any apps that need it. Obviously pinch zooming works well enough on both phones. More than that, say for playing games, I do not know.

I don't think she could have got the deal you mention direct from T-Mobile for £15 per month with a free phone. Believe me I scanned pretty hard for the best deal for her and the one she is on is perfect. She has more than enough of everything to keep her happy and the price really is very good. She's getting the phone and two years of service for only £70 more than the price of a SIM free phone. £35 per year or £3 per month for all those minutes and megabytes is not bad by anybody's standards.

She's not here tonight so I probably won't be able to answer any more specific questions now, but if there is anything else you want to know feel free to ask and I'll try to get answers when I can.

This is the website I used to find her deal - http://www.omio.com/phones/motorola/defy/deals. It looks like the £15 deal is now with another supplier. It may not last long.

The only obvious difference I've noticed in performance is that her Defy repeatedly finishes loading the BBC home page (desktop version) in around 10 seconds over WiFi whereas my San Fran takes at least 30 seconds, sometimes more, to finish rendering the page. Both play Angry Birds well enough and I have no complaints about the YouTube app playing videos on the stock ROM on the San Fran. Beyond that neither of us make big demands on the phone for performance. The screen is good on both. The Defy has a few more pixels, which are obvious when browsing web pages or navigating menus/settings, but a nice bonus rather than a must have. Neither of us use multi-touch so I can't comment on that. I don't think we have any apps that need it. Obviously pinch zooming works well enough on both phones. More than that, say for playing games, I do not know.

I don't think she could have got the deal you mention direct from T-Mobile for £15 per month with a free phone. Believe me I scanned pretty hard for the best deal for her and the one she is on is perfect. She has more than enough of everything to keep her happy and the price really is very good. She's getting the phone and two years of service for only £70 more than the price of a SIM free phone. £35 per year or £3 per month for all those minutes and megabytes is not bad by anybody's standards.

She's not here tonight so I probably won't be able to answer any more specific questions now, but if there is anything else you want to know feel free to ask and I'll try to get answers when I can.

This is the website I used to find her deal - http://www.omio.com/phones/motorola/defy/deals. It looks like the £15 deal is now with another supplier. It may not last long.

i managed to get my htc wildfire 300min unlimited text and unlimited internet for £15 they were asking for a upfront fee of £100 but after talking to them for like 10 min they said fine we will minus that for u and i was 1 happy chap :P

and thnx for the reply really appreciate it :D

I came from a Nokia 5800, this is my first android phone and very pleased with it.

I spoke to the t-mobile rep about an upgrade, and they gave me the defy for free with 300mins+unlimited internet+unlimited texts for £10 per month over 2 years

Guest add.thebad
I came from a Nokia 5800, this is my first android phone and very pleased with it.

I spoke to the t-mobile rep about an upgrade, and they gave me the defy for free with 300mins+unlimited internet+unlimited texts for £10 per month over 2 years

i had a pulse then a zte blade for a month-ish but the defy is easily the best for speed it beats a 2.2 nexsus and dream to use

Can someone download multitouch visual test and tell me how many fingers are recognised as well if the multi touch is smooth or not when crossing fingers thanx planning on getting this 2mor

Guest add.thebad
Can someone download multitouch visual test and tell me how many fingers are recognised as well if the multi touch is smooth or not when crossing fingers thanx planning on getting this 2mor

it is limited to 2 points but is very smooth

It is fast, I've now installed The chinese official 2.2, rooted and overclocked to 1100.

Attached are my typical quadrant scores.

post-175988-1295178279_thumb.png

post-175988-1295178288_thumb.png

post-175988-1295178292_thumb.png

Is it running stable at 1100

Is it running stable at 1100

Yes, although I only kept at those settings for about 12 hours, I've gone down to 1000 now for peace of mind (I don't want to break anything) and the quadrant scores I got just this moment were 1354, 1418, 1470 & 1447, so still good enough for me ;)

For what it's worth, whenever I attempt to run at 1200mhz my phone gets very laggy, but that might be because I'm not setting vsel properly.

Edited by MadStu