omnia2droid project seem finally complete for the beta

Guest djsolidsnake86

Guest l3ong91

LOL...just read it....i dunno

coz before that they also keep on promising that it will be soon....

and month after month, yet they still didnt manage to release it

I think the chances are 40% that they are going to release it.

Guest djsolidsnake86

you say? this time seem serious

this things will work

* Android 2.1 (Eclair)

* Display and touchscreen

* Hardware keys

* Internal and External storage

* Sound and FM radio

* 2D/3D acceleration and brightness control/backlight

* Vibrator, accelerometer and compass

* Battery driver/charging

* Phone

* Wifi & Android market

* GPS

* USB (ADB)

* Bluetooth

2.2 will be available when the sleep bug will be corrected (i hope in 1-2 days)

Edited by djsolidsnake86

Guest bobhero

as time goes on, I'm becoming more sceptical. Are they accepting donations? Could this be a scam? I hope not...

My opinion is that they should release what they have earlier despite bugs, and let people play around and get interested in android on their O2. News of the "NEW ANDROID PORT FOR OMNIA II" will be discussed on the smartphone websites, and bring more attention to the project. Maybe some of that attention will translate into new developers taking interest in the project and thus making the project better. It seems most other andriod porting projects follow this model.

Funny... the HTC HD2 is running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and now the Omnia II is on the verge of getting 2.2 (Froyo), yet Samsung STILL hasn't released a 2.2 update for their Galaxy S phones.

Guest elbee72
latest news report:

Jan 13 2011: (other) Froyo build (samdroid) up for release when sleep issue is fixed

what do you think about this?

I asked Almar what was holding a release, and he answered "Sandor and me want to fix sleep first".

So when sleep in samdroid Froyo (2.2) is fixed, Sandor and Almar want to release.

Regards,

Elbee.

@mods: pse close this thread, beta is not released yet, so nothing to discuss ....

Edited by elbee72

Guest djsolidsnake86
I asked Almar what was holding a release, and he answered "Sandor and me want to fix sleep first".

So when sleep in samdroid Froyo (2.2) is fixed, Sandor and Almar want to release.

Regards,

Elbee.

@mods: pse close this thread, beta is not released yet, so nothing to discuss ....

why close the thread? the release i think that is imminent this time

im closing this thread now, when almar and his team is ready to release the beta version. he will certainly contact mods to re-open his original thread in the pinned section.