build.props

Guest t0mm13b

Guest t0mm13b

Decided to open another thread for the kernel tinkerers like myself.... :P

build.props

Reduce scanning time to save battery (Kudos to jonuwz) linky to another post on another thread.

Set the scan interval in /system/build.prop

wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=xx
where xx seems to be 15 seconds by default Place in here ALL known build.props variables used and explain what do they mean and what it does? :P The thing about it this, its scattered all over the place so might be useful to collate them all in this thread, like a mini database, oh and make it stickied..... :D Thanks to Frankish for this :P
"debug.sf.hw=0" This means hardware ui is off.

"debug.sf.hw=1" This means hardware ui is on.

"ro.build.fingerprint=ZTE/P729J_SBM/blade/blade:2.2/FRF91/20101210.173314:user/release-keys"
The devices fingerprint used in identifying it to things like market.
I always change this to "google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.2/FRF91/43546:user/release-keys" which is the fingerprint for the Nexus One. Means all apps are shown smile.gif
Thanks to Rotmann for this B) Stagefright enable (yes, yes know, it is broken in 2.2 and it reports double Quadrant scores but it helps sometimes to play games as with it disabled you get an error that the movie can not be played - or just helps increasing your ego and penis laugh.gif , also good at impressing friends):
media.stagefright.enable-player=true

media.stagefright.enable-meta=true

media.stagefright.enable-scan=true

media.stagefright.enable-http=false
Thanks to viggee64 for posting this :P
qemu.sf.lcd_density=240

fixes the gingerbread keyboard, font size is now rendered correctly.

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest Frankish

Threads still get scattered and messy. They all need to be in one post so i hope you're willing to maintain it :P

"ro.build.fingerprint=ZTE/P729J_SBM/blade/blade:2.2/FRF91/20101210.173314:user/release-keys" The devices fingerprint used in identifying it to things like market. I always change this to "google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.2/FRF91/43546:user/release-keys" which is the fingerprint for the Nexus One. Means all apps are shown :D

Edited by Frankish

Guest t0mm13b
Threads still get scattered and messy. They all need to be in one post so i hope you're willing to maintain it :P

"ro.build.fingerprint=ZTE/P729J_SBM/blade/blade:2.2/FRF91/20101210.173314:user/release-keys" The devices fingerprint used in identifying it to things like market. I always change this to "google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.2/FRF91/43546:user/release-keys" which is the fingerprint for the Nexus One. Means all apps are shown :D

Cool! +1 from me...

Cheers for that and yes I'm willing to maintain this thread... :P B)

Guest Rotmann

Wow nice thread, nice one Frankish with the nexus one trick. Why don't the developers make this as standard on all ROMs? This would be brilliant.

Stagefright enable (yes, yes know, it is broken in 2.2 and it reports double Quadrant scores but it helps sometimes to play games as with it disabled you get an error that the movie can not be played - or just helps increasing your ego and penis ;) , also good at impressing friends):

Could you put all of them in your first post so this will become more like a guide? Could you also put there instructions for n00bs on how to modify it with the three detailed methods (ADB, rootexplorer or before flashing).

Cheers.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest t0mm13b
Wow nice thread, nice one Frankish with the nexus one trick. Why don't the developers make this as standard on all ROMs? This would be brilliant.

Stagefright enable (yes, yes know, it is broken in 2.2 and it reports double Quadrant scores but it helps sometimes to play games as with it disabled you get an error that the movie can not be played - or just helps increasing your ego and penis ;) , also good at impressing friends):

Could you put all of them in your first post so this will become more like a guide? Could you also put there instructions for n00bs on how to modify it with the three detailed methods (ADB, rootexplorer or before flashing).

Cheers.

Thanks for that - will put it up on first post...no problem :)

Guest Swimmerboy
Thanks to viggee64 for posting this ;)

qemu.sf.lcd_density=240

fixes the gingerbread keyboard, font size is now rendered correctly.

That's the one thing I always change before flashing roms - to have such a high resolution screen without using it fully seems silly to me. I set mine from 240 to 160 - means I can have a ton more stuff on the homescreen and menus:

screenshot_1.pngscreenshot-1.png

And the keyboard is still useable:

screenshot_2.png

Setting it lower than 160 means that I can't use it without squinting, but even lowering it to 220 or 200 can give you some extra room to play with.

Only issue I have is that some (not many!) apps/games don't take advantage of this so don't take up the whole screen, and the dialler's keypad is tiny so I use DiallerOne.

Edited by Swimmerboy

"ro.build.fingerprint=ZTE/P729J_SBM/blade/blade:2.2/FRF91/20101210.173314:user/release-keys" The devices fingerprint used in identifying it to things like market. I always change this to "google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.2/FRF91/43546:user/release-keys" which is the fingerprint for the Nexus One. Means all apps are shown ;)

This would be a winner, but it doesn't work for me. Did that, but still no Google Earth in my Market.

Guest Sebastian404
This would be a winner, but it doesn't work for me. Did that, but still no Google Earth in my Market.

There is a LOT more than just the fingerprint to what it shows you.... your network, your location, etc, etc...

Also, the advice I've seen for messing with fingerprints is to give it 24 hours before you see any changes...

Guest Arr Too

Isn't it a hardware issue about Google Earth? (As dumb as the Flash one?)