• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Recalibrate screen

18 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm getting a problem where at times the phone thinks my finger is way to the right of where it is.

Anyone know how to recalibrate the touchscreen?

Posted · Report post

I'm getting a problem where at times the phone thinks my finger is way to the right of where it is.

Anyone know how to recalibrate the touchscreen?

I don't think you do calibrate touch-screen at all. It is (if I understand) a simple grid so it knows where your finger is, unlike resistive which has to calculate it.

Posted · Report post

I find it hard to believe this is a software issue as I have had it both on the Stock Orange ROM and on the JJ release 7 ROM. It seems to be an (intermittent) hardware issue...

Posted · Report post

I find it hard to believe this is a software issue as I have had it both on the Stock Orange ROM and on the JJ release 7 ROM. It seems to be an (intermittent) hardware issue...

It sounds like the digitzer is faulty, download something like multitouch visualizer 2 - you'll probably find pressing in a certain location of the screen with reasonble pressure (or a long press) will cause it to act up.

Posted · Report post

Thanks. I'll try it out.

Posted · Report post

ZTE has a built in touch screen test, type *983*0# into your phone dialer and click touchpaint test

Posted · Report post

ZTE has a built in touch screen test, type *983*0# into your phone dialer and click touchpaint test

If you have a ROM which hasn't removed the app for it...

Posted (edited) · Report post

It sounds like the digitzer is faulty, download something like multitouch visualizer 2 - you'll probably find pressing in a certain location of the screen with reasonble pressure (or a long press) will cause it to act up.

Got multitouch visualizer 2. At the moment the screen seems fine, although sometimes multitouch can sometimes get confused and return x1 y2, x2 y1 instead of x1 y1, x2 y2. I'll see what happens next time i get the "way off error".

Edited by Ralph Martin

Posted · Report post

... At the moment the screen seems fine, although sometimes multitouch can sometimes get confused and return x1 y2, x2 y1 instead of x1 y1, x2 y2. ...

Absolutely standard behaviour.

See this December thread http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...h-fix-possible/

Ought to be an FAQ.

Posted · Report post

HTC IME has a calibration tool. (settings>keyboards>HTC IME>Text input>Calibration tool)

Posted · Report post

HTC IME has a calibration tool. (settings>keyboards>HTC IME>Text input>Calibration tool)

Strange. No Calibration Tool submenu under Text Input here on JJL7 with HTC IME ...

Interestingly, after a few days, this error seems to have cleared itself, so maybe there is some sort of auto calibration going on? Or maybe I just have an intermittent hardware fault.

Posted · Report post

I'm pretty sure that is to compensate for parallax error when you think you are pressing a key on the on-screen keyboard, and it looks like you are, but in fact your fingers are so big compared to a stylus that you don't realise that you are mistaken.

So it is to adapt to pretend that you are touching where you meant to touch, and not because the screen needs calibrating itself.

Posted · Report post

About HTC_IME (Calibration)

Strange. No Calibration Tool submenu under Text Input here on JJL7 with HTC IME ...

Interestingly, after a few days, this error seems to have cleared itself, so maybe there is some sort of auto calibration going on? Or maybe I just have an intermittent hardware fault.

It needs you to scroll right down to the bottom of the list of Text Input settings within HTE_IMC Settings within Language & Keyboard within Settings ...

You probably rebooted your phone to clear the weirdness. Tech self-support, lesson 1. ;)

I'm pretty sure that is to compensate for parallax error when you think you are pressing a key on the on-screen keyboard, and it looks like you are, but in fact your fingers are so big compared to a stylus that you don't realise that you are mistaken.

So it is to adapt to pretend that you are touching where you meant to touch, and not because the screen needs calibrating itself.

I think that's correct.

The capacitive-touch screen should NOT require 'calibrating' like a resistive-touch screen.

And that HTC Calibration, would be +only+ for the HTC keyboard.

Posted · Report post

You have to install "Clicker.apk". That is the keyboard calib app

Posted · Report post

It needs you to scroll right down to the bottom of the list of Text Input settings within HTE_IMC Settings within Language & Keyboard within Settings ...

No, it is NOT there.

You probably rebooted your phone to clear the weirdness. Tech self-support, lesson 1. ;)

This persisted across multiple reboots and even a TPT ROM flashing.

And that HTC Calibration, would be +only+ for the HTC keyboard.

Yes, clearly not real recalibration, just a fudge for fat fingers.

Posted · Report post

I'm just developed the same issue. I can say for certainty that it is not fat finger issue. .........I'm trying to tap the letter A on the keyboard, and it shows as if I'm tapping L. I've done the rebooting, which helped for a bit, and gave the screen a nice cleaning, which also helped for a bit - but it still comes back.

perhaps our phones are possesed, since it is intermitten.

Posted · Report post

Same problem here, unable to answer calls at times as when i touch the slider to answer it dissappers and highlights to the right of the screen

Frustrated is an understatment

Posted · Report post

my SF has gotten worse and worse over the past week. Now at times, it doesn't sense the touch at all....As a result, I called Orange today, and they are sending me out a replacement phone tomorrow.

all I need to do now is unroot the phone and install all the orange bloatware before giving orange the faulty phone. ;)