[APP] Recovery Manager v0.36 [BETA]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest wederwoord
did you download the latest recovery image from the first page?

I still don't know what I did wrong but the app did not install clockwork or the firmware.

After installing usb drivers on my windows 7, I was able to install both clockwork and the firmware manually.

Guest fineking

Hello, Sebastian404

First, Thank you for the Recovery tools provided.

My phone is softbank 003Z (Japanese ZTE-Blade family), But When I used RecoveryManager_v0.26b to flash the clockwork-blade-2.5.1.8 Recovery image ,

encountered the following problem, Yesterday.

Before flash(The original Recovery system):

Switch on my phone by holding volume down + power, first display SoftBank Logo, after a few seconds display

the message "System Update, please put the update file to the SDcard" (the message is in japanese)

After flash(flashed the clockwork-blade-2.5.1.8 Recovery image by RecoveryManager_v0.26b):

Switch on my phone by holding volume down + power, display SoftBank Logo then the screen is freeze.

But the phone system Can be used normally, when Normal Reboot. It looks like only the Recovery System halt.

I run Recovery Manager in my phone, Click the Firmware button, display "Currently installed Firmware: Stock Firmware(SBM_P729J)".

Click the Recovery button, display "Currently installed Recovery: Unrecognised".

I tried flashing the clockwork-blade-2.5.1.8 Recovery image again and the clockwork-blade-2.5.1.3 Recovery image by RecoveryManager_v0.26b, but the problem is same.

I tried flashing the clockwork-blade-2.5.1.8 Recovery image by Android terminal, but the problem is same.

How to Install Clockwork Recovery on SoftBank 003Z ?

Please help me thank you very much.

P.S

1. I used Universal AndRoot to rooted and SuperUser.

2. I refer to the page

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-the-zte-blade/

Guest ThrashMan

Thanks for the App Sebastian404, nice work.

Tried installing the latest XenoROM (r4) and it failed. The problem was caused by the downloaded zip being called xenorom r4.zip (note the space).

Can Blade Recovery Manager be made to naturally quote the ROM filename? Assuming Clockwork accepts filenames with spaces if quoted?

Regards,

Andy.

Guest Sebastian404
Thanks for the App Sebastian404, nice work.

Tried installing the latest XenoROM (r4) and it failed. The problem was caused by the downloaded zip being called xenorom r4.zip (note the space).

Can Blade Recovery Manager be made to naturally quote the ROM filename? Assuming Clockwork accepts filenames with spaces if quoted?

Regards,

Andy.

That seems to be a problem with clockworkmod recovery 2.5.1.8 unfortunately... I think someone else might of spotted it since it is fixed in 3.0.0.5....

I'm going to push out an updated version shortly that will add support for the v3 clockworkmod. that should fix your problem

Guest Sebastian404
It doesent recognize JapJelly RLS8

I've (hopefully) managed to update the database with all the JJ roms I could find... if its still not recognized can you let me know which one your using?

Guest Sebastian404
My phone is softbank 003Z (Japanese ZTE-Blade family), But When I used RecoveryManager_v0.26b to flash the clockwork-blade-2.5.1.8 Recovery image ,

Unfortunately the 003Z is not 100% compatible with the ZTE-Blade. I am trying to get hold of a device so I can do some testing, but not much luck so far..

Guest The Soup Thief

Sorry, but I'm getting forced closes too opening up v0.29 after unzipping it and installing the app through Estrongs - seemed to install fine (running Paul's Froyo r11)

v0.26 was opening fine and letting me meddle about, though wouldn't recognise the ROM

(logcat's a bit beyond my ken, but if you tell me what to do I'll give it a go and post the outcome)

EDIT - tried installing the zip (md5 was fine, btw) through clockwork 3.0.0.5 but it aborted

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest FrankieADZ

Hey,

Well Ive tired loading it up and it hangs on a black screen; Im currently using Paul's Froyo R11 rom.

I'll try again tomorrow to see if works.

Guest Sebastian404
do you want me to see what the problem is?

the problem seems to be that Paul likes to move CHMOD around :lol:

I downloaded r7 and it is Force closing...

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404
k so same problem of flb i presume

OK, it seems I messed up when I compiled the thing, if you re-download it from the first page, it should probably work now... (he said hopefully)...

I've tested it on the ModaCo 2.1 & 2.2 firmwares.. it seems to work...

I assume it should work on FLB too....

Hi, I am also getting FC error. I think it is because of misplaced chmod command.

Currently I am using stock orange rom. Logcat output:

D/RecoveryManager( 4685): extract_internal_file: called

D/RecoveryManager( 4685): extract_internal_file: raw/recovery_tool

D/RecoveryManager( 4685): extract_internal_file: /data/data/com.podtwo.RecoveryManager

D/RecoveryManager( 4685): extract_internal_file: 493

D/RecoveryManager( 4685): extract_internal_file: File exists or newer

D/RecoveryManager( 4685): extract_internal_file: xml/device.xml

D/RecoveryManager( 4685): extract_internal_file: /data/data/com.podtwo.RecoveryManager/cache

D/RecoveryManager( 4685): extract_internal_file: 448

D/RecoveryManager( 4685): extract_internal_file: File exists or newer

D/RecoveryManager( 4685): extract_internal_file: xml/recovery.xml

D/RecoveryManager( 4685): extract_internal_file: /data/data/com.podtwo.RecoveryManager/cache

D/RecoveryManager( 4685): extract_internal_file: 448

D/RecoveryManager( 4685): extract_internal_file: looking for chmod :null

The device is rooted, Superuser rights already gave some rights to Titanium Backup, so it works. I think quick workaround would be to create symlink for chmod, but the problem is that I don't know where it should be. And.. it's a good practice to catch exceptions and inform the user about error origin :lol: Just sayin'..

Guest Sebastian404
k thanks you fancy releasing this on the market?

Well its still an open beta really... once I've added in the downloading end of things, and written a python backend, I'll be asking for help with the transactions...

then I'll be putting it on the market place....

Guest Sebastian404
Hi, I am also getting FC error. I think it is because of misplaced chmod command.

Currently I am using stock orange rom. Logcat output:

D/RecoveryManager( 4685): extract_internal_file: looking for chmod :null

The device is rooted, Superuser rights already gave some rights to Titanium Backup, so it works. I think quick workaround would be to create symlink for chmod, but the problem is that I don't know where it should be. And.. it's a good practice to catch exceptions and inform the user about error origin :lol: Just sayin'..

Re-download it from the first page,, that is the version I screwed up...

and yeah, its a still BETA, I have yet to write some code that actually checks for SU being installed.... Did I mention it was BETA :)

Edited by Sebastian404