02/May [ROMS] Current Known / Available ROM's for the ZTE Blade [GEN1]

Guest StevenHarperUK

Guest alextzef

Am almost a noobie so i need ur help with the following:

I used to have original 2.1 ROM (wind),made a backup with clockwork and installed SS rls4b a few days ago.Now am wondering,in case i decide in the future to try another custom rom,how can i keep a backup of my phone the way it is right now with all my apps installed and everything...and still keep my first 2.1 backup.Is it possible,can i have 2 backups one for the original 2.1 and another for the custom ss rls4 while am using lets say SS RLS5(in the future)?

Is there any way to keep 1,2 or more backups from different roms which are installed by CLOCKWORK so one can go from one ROM to another without having to make everything the way it was from scratch?

I hope i made myself clear with my poor english .....

Edited by alextzef

Guest taannuk

Is there any way to keep 1,2 or more backups from different roms which are installed by CLOCKWORK so one can go from one ROM to another without having to make everything the way it was from scratch?

I hope i made myself clear with my poor english .....

Why not? What is the problem? Make as many backups as your memory allows to accommodate. You stated the tool - Clockwork.

Edited by taannuk

Guest alextzef

am just asking because a backup isnt an image,so if it works like windows do,one backup is written over the last so u can only have one!

2 more final questions:

1)if someone uses a 2gb sd card and wishes to use an 8 gb card can he simply make a "copy paste" of the 2gb card content in the 8gb sd and replace the card?will this work?

2)when i pass from 2.2 rom to another 2.2 or 2.3 rom do i need to uninstall all the apps from the sd card before i make the change or can i delete them manually after the rom change?When the apps are installed i the phone everything gets deleted after u install the new image but what happens when u have ur apps installed in the sd?After changing 1,2,3 roms i think the 2gbsd card will be full from "trash" applications from older Roms?Am i right,or the clockwork-wipe choice also cleans the old apps from the sd card?

Edited by alextzef

Guest TheManicGibbon
am just asking because a backup isnt an image,so if it works like windows do,one backup is written over the last so u can only have one!

2 more final questions:

1)if someone uses a 2gb sd card and wishes to use an 8 gb card can he simply make a "copy paste" of the 2gb card content in the 8gb sd and replace the card?will this work?

2)when i pass from 2.2 rom to another 2.2 or 2.3 rom do i need to uninstall all the apps from the sd card before i make the change or can i delete them manually after the rom change?When the apps are installed i the phone everything gets deleted after u install the new image but what happens when u have ur apps installed in the sd?After changing 1,2,3 roms i think the 2gbsd card will be full from "trash" applications from older Roms?Am i right,or the clockwork-wipe choice also cleans the old apps from the sd card?

As far as I know, clockwork does make what you would consider an "image" - you can have as many of them as you like (depending on free space on your SD card :) ) This means that you can simply restore the clockwork backup that is from the ROM you wish to return to...

In response to your questions:

1. Yes, just use Windows (or Mac, or whatever you're using..) to copy the contents over to the larger card and you're sorted.

2. I know you don't have to actually uninstall them, but I'm not sure how this works... The apps on your SD card are on a special partition (i think) so I would hazard a guess at they are wiped if you do a wipe from within clockwork.

Guest alextzef
As far as I know, clockwork does make what you would consider an "image" - you can have as many of them as you like (depending on free space on your SD card :) ) This means that you can simply restore the clockwork backup that is from the ROM you wish to return to...

In response to your questions:

1. Yes, just use Windows (or Mac, or whatever you're using..) to copy the contents over to the larger card and you're sorted.

2. I know you don't have to actually uninstall them, but I'm not sure how this works... The apps on your SD card are on a special partition (i think) so I would hazard a guess at they are wiped if you do a wipe from within clockwork.

Thanks alot!!!!U ve been really helpfull...Am still a little sceptical about the backup-image thing for 2 reasons:

1.An image is suposed to be something like a "foto" of the hole operating system including apps,files...and you just cant browse an image file because its just a huge single file.On the other hand a backup contains all the files and folders but not the os.Thats how i understand it

2.the fact that while being in clockwork i can see only the .img file of the SS rls4b but not the original 2.1 backup tells me that they are not the same...After all when one needs to return to his original Rom he goes into the restore-backup submenu of the Clockwork and when he wants to install an image he goes to

the image zip installation submenu.So i think there is some difference btw image and backup.... anyway i want to thank u again 4 all ur help!

Edited by alextzef

Guest TheManicGibbon
1.An image is suposed to be something like a "foto" of the hole operating system including apps,files...and you just cant browse an image file because its just a huge single file.On the other hand a backup contains all the files and folders but not the os.Thats how i understand it

2.the fact that while being in clockwork i can see only the .img file of the SS rls4b but not the original 2.1 backup tells me that they are not the same...After all when one needs to return to his original Rom he goes into the restore-backup submenu of the Clockwork and when he wants to install an image he goes to

the image zip installation submenu.So i think there is some difference btw image and backup.... anyway i want to thank u again 4 all ur help!

If you open up the the clockworkmod folder from your SD Card in windows, you'll see that a clockwork backup is composed of multiple img files: data.img, system.img, cache.img, boot.img and recovery.img, as well as an MD5 hash.

And a ROM is not the same as an image taken in clockwork... think of it this way; the files on a Windows installation disk are different to the files in an image you take of your Windows computer...if that helps :)

Guest TimJBart
Latest Update

15th April - Added CyanogenMod STABLE, Updated CyanogenMod Nightly to 39

I am currently running Jellyfish ROM, but wanted to give Cyanogen a try. In your table of requirements it seems that a different type of Clockwork is needed for CM7. What does Custom Clockwork 3.0.0.5+ mean? As far as I can tell from the instructions I have found I just boot in to clockwork, wipe, then install the ROM like I did for Jellyfish?

Edited by TimJBart

Guest StevenHarperUK
I am currently running Jellyfish ROM, but wanted to give Cyanogen a try. In your table of requirements it seems that a different type of Clockwork is needed for CM7. What does Custom Clockwork 3.0.0.5+ mean? As far as I can tell from the instructions I have found I just boot in to clockwork, wipe, then install the ROM like I did for Jellyfish?

The newer clockwork is need - the ROMs are packaged differently (slightly) - dont panic - use Recovery Manager to update your clockwork.

Guest ---ANDROMEDA------
The newer clockwork is need - the ROMs are packaged differently (slightly) - dont panic - use Recovery Manager to update your clockwork.

what about if I want to go from Cyanogen to Jellyfish do I have to downgrade my clockwork ???

thanks.

Guest Coyote74
Please remove the cyanogenmod 7 links since they aren't for Gen1 anymore unfortunately and all of those threads are edited.

It's not true, now cm7 is installable on Gen1 using a converter.

Guest tandeh
It's not true, now cm7 is installable on Gen1 using a converter.

can someone confirm this, thanx

as i just got my gen1 replacement, and i want to try CM7, which is the best version that does not involve converting my gen1 phone to gen 2?

reason for not converting is i would like to do a TPT, if i need to contact orange for any faults, i believe there is no TPT for Orange UK for gen2, am i correct.

Guest shad0wboss

as i just got my gen1 replacement, and i want to try CM7, which is the best version that does not involve converting my gen1 phone to gen 2?

reason for not converting is i would like to do a TPT, if i need to contact orange for any faults, i believe there is no TPT for Orange UK for gen2, am i correct.

Ye i've just flashed N41 but i had to remove few things such as bootanimation.bin and rom manager.apk in order to free up some space but i'm facing graphics glitch during gameplay !

Guest ThrashMan

N25

Guest christianwells28
Latest Update

22nd April - Updated CyanogenMod to GEN2

I am very confused with the compatibility with Cyanogen Mod 7 (stable release) and which version of the ZTE Blade it is compatible with. I have a GEN1 Blade, so will it be compaitble with CM7 (stable). I started a new thread here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...e/#entry1680460

The response seemed to be that GEN 1 was compatible with CM7 can you clear this up for me, thanks

Guest hecatae
I am very confused with the compatibility with Cyanogen Mod 7 (stable release) and which version of the ZTE Blade it is compatible with. I have a GEN1 Blade, so will it be compaitble with CM7 (stable). I started a new thread here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...e/#entry1680460

The response seemed to be that GEN 1 was compatible with CM7 can you clear this up for me, thanks

7.0.0 stable is compatible with Gen1

if you want to use 7.0.2 which requires Gen2, you need to use wbaw's gen1 to gen2 tpt method http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...n2-tpt-upgrade/

this is safe, it's reversible if you ever need to dongrade to gen1, and it keeps your imei

Guest Josef Prusa

if you want to use 7.0.2 which requires Gen2, you need to use wbaw's gen1 to gen2 tpt method http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...n2-tpt-upgrade/

this is safe, it's reversible if you ever need to dongrade to gen1, and it keeps your imei

Did that, my Blade is now reported as Gen2. Works OK, though I still get shutdowns when charging. In this respect the flb froyo ROM was better.

Guest dariob74

also install the 7.0.0 Nightly CyanogenMod for Blade (57) I have to move to Gen 2? I'm Italian and I can not translate 100% to follow the instructions, then "I'm very slow in updates of the Rom

thank you very much