[UPDATED]Performance Tweaks etc on Android!.

Guest gauravv

Guest gauravv
1. Open contacts on home screen

2. Slide open keyboard keyboard

3. Press "k"

4. Choose import/export (bottom right @ my menu)

5. It will guide itself.

Good luck

grtz

u r using 512 or 1024

i have tried many times but k key doesnt do anything......please help....

Edited by gauravv

Guest Mariuszmax
Hmm, interesting, will try that today. I'm using GMT+01:00. Will report this afternoon, when back from work.

Edit: just tried for 5 minutes. No luck. It is 20 minutes ahead already. 24 hrs format, GMT+00:00

you're right

in fact i had phone connected via USB and no "black screen" but once phone is in sleep mode time is going faster ;)

did you succed to connect via ubuntu virtual box?

Edited by Mariuszmax

Guest erikcas
you're right

in fact i had phone connected via USB and no "black screen" but once phone is in sleep mode time is going faster ;)

did you succed to connect via ubuntu virtual box?

Not yet I left my USB cable @ work yesterday. Will try after work, will update asap

Guest erikcas
u r using 512 or 1024

i have tried many times but k key doesnt do anything......please help....

stange that "k" on the hardware keyboard is not working..

Question: Is hardwareconfig for keyboard supplied by Omniadroid or could this be custom-rom related? I'm a noob on this..

Guest superck445

Question: Is hardwareconfig for keyboard supplied by Omniadroid or could this be custom-rom related? I'm a noob on this..

mapping the hardware keyboard will probably be very low down on list of priorities of the dev team

unless someone in the b7610 forum has the ability to do it, we will have to wait

anybody got wifi working on b7610 yet?

another problem, with newer version of beta released on 18/01, i cannot get charger recognised. anybody else have that trouble?

Guest Ruben1987

Hi guys im trying to get it to work via the method on the site, but every time the load tries to format a part of the SD card to ext2 it says failed and it doesnt mount it either it says!

Im trying now to format my SD (to fat32 i presume is necessary) and then load the haret.exe

Edit:

Bummer veen after format of sd card it cant mount the ext2 partition and then just reboots back to WinMo

Edited by Ruben1987

try the 'F' button ...

works on my B7610 with qwertz-layout

Guest Jamievanm

I don't seem to understand.

It takes 512 MB of the internal storage on Omnia b7610. And also uses something on dthe sd or not?!

Can you follow the steps, get your internal memory adjusted , but keep everything thats on your sd.?

You also can just turn off and then on and just still use wm6.5 to use all abillities of your phone and use android when wanted?!

Guest gauravv
try the 'F' button ...

works on my B7610 with qwertz-layout

F acts as a back key....and which rom u r using....may be tats the diffrence....can u post any video???

Guest Mariuszmax
Hi guys im trying to get it to work via the method on the site, but every time the load tries to format a part of the SD card to ext2 it says failed and it doesnt mount it either it says!

Im trying now to format my SD (to fat32 i presume is necessary) and then load the haret.exe

Edit:

Bummer veen after format of sd card it cant mount the ext2 partition and then just reboots back to WinMo

1: copy all from your SD to your PC

2: format your SD via Samsung= Start/settings/memories/SD then clik "format"

3:uncompress"beta512zip" after download and copy all of them to the root of the My Storage.

4: Start haret.exe from the My Storage\o2beta directory and press Run.

Linux will be starting, examining the present partitions on the SD card, and shrink the fat32 partition size with 1024/512 Mbyte ( theoretically without any data loss ) and create a new 1024/512 MByte ext2 partition. When the partition is ready the filesystems will be initialized and ext2.tar.gz on My Storage will be unpacked to the ext3 partition on the SD card; the valid default.txt ( with the correct root= partition inside ) will be put in My Storage - and we are ready, the system rebooting. In the case you have an ext2/3 partition on the device, you can skip the above process and just edit the default.txt CMDLINE line the "root=/dev/mmcblkxpy" x and y values according your partition ( see below) and unpack the ext2.tar.gz to that partition ( linux: tar xzvf ext2.tar.gz -C /path_to_partition_mounted/ ).

5: After the reset start the haret.exe from the root of My Storage, pressing Run our new Android will be starting.

Edited by Mariuszmax

Guest Mariuszmax
You also can just turn off and then on and just still use wm6.5 to use all abillities of your phone and use android when wanted?!

after restart phone will reboot with WinMo

F acts as a back key....and which rom u r using....may be tats the diffrence....can u post any video???

ROM? you mean WM-Rom?

wm 6.5 Professional (Build 21868.5.0.69)

the android-thing runs only from the sd-card ... loaded via haret into memory - so there is no rom (yet) ?!?

Guest gauravv
ROM? you mean WM-Rom?

wm 6.5 Professional (Build 21868.5.0.69)

the android-thing runs only from the sd-card ... loaded via haret into memory - so there is no rom (yet) ?!?

i dont know menu not working for me ;)

:) :D ;)

Edit:

if the way Mariuszmax described is not a option for you (because you will keep the sd-storage-data)

and you'r a little firm with linux:

connect your phone via usb to your linux-box (can also be a vm)

use gparted to resize your storage so that there is 512MB/1024MB (or more) free space

create a ext2-formated partion from the free space

untar the ext2.tar.gz and the update into the new ext2.partition

copy the haret.exe and the default.txt to the vfat.partition (not the one's from the o2beta-directory - the other ones :) )

umount everything clean :D

run haret.exe from the sd-card and it should boot AND you have all wm-data (like tomtom cards ;)) still left on the device

the automatic partition-resizing did not work for me too

(can't mount for formatting after resizing ;) )

Guest thew0lf

Regarding the crashes/freezes and bugs, check this page for the latest info and fixes : http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...omnia-ii-i8000/

Make sure you have the latest version of the beta (a new one was uploaded yesterday), and get the fix from the first page of the link above. This will fix the freezes issue.

The sleep bug was fixed as well. Get the latest kernel from http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php

Guest Dario93

Mmm..so frustrated... The ext2 partition of the SD can't be created/mounted :D

EDIT: Trying the solutions posted in previous page,crossing my fingers :)

EDIT2: Ok,partition created,now trying to boot Android ;)

Edited by Dario93

Guest Bounser

I got it working. It looks great. Needs NL lang..... Need to set it up better. But so far so good.

Would it be better to instal a light winmo rom? And whitch Gen .Y duelboot do i need and where much i install, i cant get it to work.

Keep u the great work!!!!!!

Guest Jamievanm

Does what it says,

Just wifi turns on and says when searching: Can't search for wifi-networks.

Only the new kernel file. The imagefile on the updatepage.

If u save that, it will be saved as a .txt file. How can you overwrite your old file with that one!? Cause the original one doesnt have the .txt extension, it's just a file without extension!?!

And btw: is there away to use the g/3g ? Cause whats a phone without internet?! :D

Besides this, I must say it works remarkable smooth!!! Much faster Than winmo. ;)

B7610

1024 version

When it becomes a fully functional (2.2) version it probably will be the best job ever done. :)

Edited by Jamievanm

Guest Bounser
Does what it says,

Just wifi turns on and says when searching: Can't search for wifi-networks.

Only the new kernel file. The imagefile on the updatepage.

If u save that, it will be saved as a .txt file. How can you overwrite your old file with that one!? Cause the original one doesnt have the .txt extension, it's just a file without extension!?!

And btw: is there away to use the g/3g ? Cause whats a phone without internet?! :D

Besides this, I must say it works remarkable smooth!!! Much faster Than winmo. ;)

B7610

1024 version

When it becomes a fully functional (2.2) version it probably will be the best job ever done. :)

Yes ihave the same thing with the text file, can it be fixed please. And how do we use the 3g?

greetings Bounser

Guest Jamievanm

CHek the omnia II topic.

not everything that works on omnia 2 works on the b7610.

g does not work, wifi does not work.

And save the imagefile as a file without extension using firefox in stead of ie, or maybe select filetype: all file. in Ie.

Guest gauravv

today was strange observation....yesterday i turned on android n i slept....when i woke up and used android then K button worked for first time...i clicked imprt export but it says no sim contacts???..i have 200 sim contacts.....and when i re- started android again K button didnt worked gain

can anyone explain....

today was strange observation....yesterday i turned on android n i slept....when i woke up and used android then K button worked for first time...i clicked imprt export but it says no sim contacts???..i have 200 sim contacts.....and when i re- started android again K button didnt worked gain

can anyone explain....

the explanation may be: it's not developed for the B7610 ;)

and it's a low-level beta version

Edited by mosci