[UPDATED]Performance Tweaks etc on Android!.

Guest gauravv

Guest centodue
Before you do anything....first format your storage card in windows using fat 32 and then samsung settings!!....then use haret in o2 beta.......and dont forget to take a backup

And this what could be solve? to mount sd card?

I tried to change "init.rc" file

row 100-102

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /storage

chown system system /storage

chmod 0777 /storage

in

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /mnt/sdcard

chown system system /mnt/sdcard

chmod 0777 /mnt/sdcard

Now my sdcard files/folders are visible with file manager in "mnt/sdcard" but if I start up camera or I check under "setting --> SD card and phone storage" I have indication SD card not mount

some other suggestion?

I tried many changes in init.rc trying to have same configuration WORKING on Enclair but I am able just to have visible sd card but it result always not mounted for android functionality (as camera)

Guest tjeerdos

thanks everybody for all the great work you all did.

you made me love android very much so that's why i did order the galaxy s 2. :P

i hope to have him in about 2 weeks can't wait..

post-610561-1305829316_thumb.jpg

Guest tjeerdos

post-610561-1305829316_thumb.jpg

YES they just called i will have him tomorrow :rolleyes:

After a few weeks to busy with work, I now have some spare time again so I can get my broken Android back up and running. However, I want to know whether it is possible to get the keyboard with azerty configuration, since my hardware-keyboard is azerty.

Guest erikcas
After a few weeks to busy with work, I now have some spare time again so I can get my broken Android back up and running. However, I want to know whether it is possible to get the keyboard with azerty configuration, since my hardware-keyboard is azerty.

Yes, azerty should be usable. Although there only is qwerty and qwertz keyboards in the repo.

Open trunk/updates/B7610/beta3/system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl (from google repo) and change it to your azerty needs

Save as trunk/updates/B7610/beta3/system/usr/keylayout/azerty.kl

Make (change) symlink trunk/updates/B7610/beta3/system/usr/keylayout/s3c-keypad.kl and link it to azerty.kl

(Note: it is in the same dir, so just symlink it to azerty.kl!)

Use adb to push it to your phone:

./adb push path/to/azerty.kl system/usr/keylayout/azerty.kl

./adb push path/to/s3c-keypad.kl system/usr/keylayout/s3c-keypad.kl

reboot

If you have problems with this, please send me your exact keyboard-layout (pic?) and I will (try to) make you an o2b3update

grtz Erik

Edited by erikcas

Guest Vic20

The same has happened to me, I have had an HTC Desire HD for about 2 weeks now. It is a superb phone. The battery life mAH per mAh of battery capacity isn't impressively better than the B7610 I'd say!!

I went away from Samsung due to their terrible support of the 7610, felt they were having no more of my money for sure. They could have easily given us an Android ROM or at least helped the DEVs with info.

I'm keeping the 7610 and will continue to follow this project and test all new updates

Vic

Yes, azerty should be usable. Although there only is qwerty and qwertz keyboards in the repo.

Open trunk/updates/B7610/beta3/system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl (from google repo) and change it to your azerty needs

Save as trunk/updates/B7610/beta3/system/usr/keylayout/azerty.kl

Make (change) symlink trunk/updates/B7610/beta3/system/usr/keylayout/s3c-keypad.kl and link it to azerty.kl

(Note: it is in the same dir, so just symlink it to azerty.kl!)

Use adb to push it to your phone:

./adb push path/to/azerty.kl system/usr/keylayout/azerty.kl

./adb push path/to/s3c-keypad.kl system/usr/keylayout/s3c-keypad.kl

reboot

If you have problems with this, please send me your exact keyboard-layout (pic?) and I will (try to) make you an o2b3update

grtz Erik

Since I am not able to run Android (keep getting error messages about processes that are not responding and cannot get past Google Account setup (keeps asking me to slide out the keyboard)), I'll post my keyboard lay-out.

Maybe someone can make an o2b3update, while I'll try to get Android back up and running... Thanks in advance!

IMG_2622.JPG

Guest Hansje Wiegel

My b7610 runs Froyo stable for 3 days now. With earlier installs it seemed that the Android Market made system processes like com.android.providers.applications unstable and crash. Ever since I'm avoiding the Market by downloading .apk files directly from the web, all goes well.

Do you guys know if there's a simple way to switch the hardware keys around? I'd like to have the side button to wakeup the phone and the "end call" button to be the "back" button (like on my girlfriends Galaxy S, I want to defeat that thing :P )

Edited by Hansje Wiegel

Guest elbee72
My b7610 runs Froyo stable for 3 days now. With earlier installs it seemed that the Android Market made system processes like com.android.providers.applications unstable and crash. Ever since I'm avoiding the Market by downloading .apk files directly from the web, all goes well.

Do you guys know if there's a simple way to switch the hardware keys around? I'd like to have the side button to wakeup the phone and the "end call" button to be the "back" button (like on my girlfriends Galaxy S, I want to defeat that thing :P )

no simply way to remap the wakeup key i think, you have to rewrite the keypad driver, but it will have serious side effects.

Most phone keypads are hardwired for two interrupts, one for wake key and one for the rest of the keys. For B7610 this key is ENDCALL. If you rewrite the driver and use an other key (thus irq) for wakeup, your sleeping phone will wake up on every keypress and sleeps again when after keymatrix scanning the right wakeup key turns out not to have been pressed. Could be a major batery drain when your phone is in a tight pocket.

Not sure how winmo solves this, because wake on b7610 winmo is not the ENDCALL key?

Guest imEgo
still unable to send text messages :P

is there any setting where you can enter the settings for text message service... I can copy the settings from win-mo and enter it here, I tried searching for it in froyo but was unable to find such settings.

same!

one solution:

change to gsm(2g) in windows mobile and haret to android,then you can send sms,but you can only use 2g network!

Guest KuRtO

I tried to install Android on My Storage and on SD from Ubuntu, but I always get the same error when booting Haret.exe...

The white letters say that "a thing" should be "a thing with different numbers"...

I've downloaded the files from your links...

Guest erikcas
Since I am not able to run Android (keep getting error messages about processes that are not responding and cannot get past Google Account setup (keeps asking me to slide out the keyboard)), I'll post my keyboard lay-out.

Maybe someone can make an o2b3update, while I'll try to get Android back up and running... Thanks in advance!

Here you go, azerty.zip containing o2b3update.tar.gz attached. Unzip, i think you know what to do with the file inside it.

Only the keyboard files are in it!

You can type text with it, question-mark and maybe 2 or 3 other keys might notwork. If not, then that is in the keyboard-driver. That is binary I think, I am not capable of adjusting that.

When questionmark or other key is not working, use the touchscreen keyboard for those keys. (tick in textbox where you are typing. The TS-keypad will appear)

Please let me know if it is not working, if you get wrong letters or something. Please post the key you are using, with expected result and actual result.

Note that you will have to use this "update" everytime you update the system with another o2b3update when your keyboard is not working properly after that update.

azerty.zip

Grtz Erik

Edited by erikcas

Here you go, azerty.zip containing o2b3update.tar.gz attached. Unzip, i think you know what to do with the file inside it.

Only the keyboard files are in it!

You can type text with it, question-mark and maybe 2 or 3 other keys might notwork. If not, then that is in the keyboard-driver. That is binary I think, I am not capable of adjusting that.

When questionmark or other key is not working, use the touchscreen keyboard for those keys. (tick in textbox where you are typing. The TS-keypad will appear)

Please let me know if it is not working, if you get wrong letters or something. Please post the key you are using, with expected result and actual result.

Note that you will have to use this "update" everytime you update the system with another o2b3update when your keyboard is not working properly after that update.

azerty.zip

Grtz Erik

thanks! I'll try this (after taking my final exam) and let you know something!

Guest thierrydriessen

Hi everyone I have successfully installed Froyo Beta 1 on my Omnia B7610 but when I push a button it crashes :S is there some sort of key layout update? if there is one can someone please give me a link?

thanks in advance,

thierry driessen

Edited by thierrydriessen

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neckoni23

I instaled froyo on SD card and it works fine, but when I go to Suond and try to choose a ringtone error appears and option Force Close and I can not enter it? I think there are no sounds on my android at all so how can I Enable Sound?

Same thing happens with Camera - a message Force Close? Any Solution?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RATTLE_FISH
Ah.. Sounds promising. But as far as I know (and experienced) it is still there. How is your experience with battery lifetime in this update?

Hi,

I installed the latest update and so far have no issues and battery life is good so far, considering the continuous usage (exploring Android). I have switched off all GPRS activities.

WiFi and Bluetooth are not working as reported earlier.

Guest RATTLE_FISH
Hi,

I installed the latest update and so far have no issues and battery life is good so far, considering the continuous usage (exploring Android). I have switched off all GPRS activities.

WiFi and Bluetooth are not working as reported earlier.

Would like to add, an ongoing call gets disrupted (you cannot hear the other party) when the phone goes to sleep. When I unlock the phone, the call ends. This is serious, any workarounds to this.. please.

Guest Wirei
Would like to add, an ongoing call gets disrupted (you cannot hear the other party) when the phone goes to sleep. When I unlock the phone, the call ends. This is serious, any workarounds to this.. please.

Use "Call light"application. It is free on Android market.

Guest RATTLE_FISH
Thanks , Will install and check

Thanks CallLight has solved the issue. Battery life is an issue. Battery Calibrator doesn't seem to help.

Guest erikcas

Any progress on the development yet? It seems there wasn't any update for a long period of time...

Did the azerty key adjusments work for you?

grtz Erik