[UPDATED]Performance Tweaks etc on Android!.

Guest gauravv

Guest erikcas

Hi, sorry for wasting your time.

I was almost 2 hours searching about this problem. It make me crazy. I installed Samsung Kies. I installed JAVA JDK. I installed Android SDK and still can not solve the issue.

Now I thought I will try to plug the phone to another computer to see if it ask me about the drivers and it started to install the phone hardware. I cancelled the installation and I try againg with the firs computer and IT STARTED TO INSTAL THE DRIVERS. Now the phone is full connected by USB

Sorry but it mad me crazy.

Many thanks

:P Enjoy!

Guest joseromi

Hi,

I was searching on the forum and on google but I can't find if it is possible to have internet from the PC to the moblile omnia B7610 with android Froyo.

I want to plug the mobile to the laptop by USB cable and have intenet from the laptop to the mobile. They call it USB Reverse Tethering. I know there is a few App to have the internet from the mobile to the laptop but I want the other way.

I don't have a 3g data connection on the mobile and because on omnia B7610 th bluetooh and the Wife are not working yet I can not have internet on the mobile.

Before with wm 6.5 I was able to have internet in the phone with active sync.

I am using Windows 7. Is there any solution about it?

Thanks

:P Enjoy!

Guest erikcas
Hi,

I was searching on the forum and on google but I can't find if it is possible to have internet from the PC to the moblile omnia B7610 with android Froyo.

I want to plug the mobile to the laptop by USB cable and have intenet from the laptop to the mobile. They call it USB Reverse Tethering. I know there is a few App to have the internet from the mobile to the laptop but I want the other way.

I don't have a 3g data connection on the mobile and because on omnia B7610 th bluetooh and the Wife are not working yet I can not have internet on the mobile.

Before with wm 6.5 I was able to have internet in the phone with active sync.

I am using Windows 7. Is there any solution about it?

Thanks

As far as I know it is not possible.

Guest screwdriv

about battery drain, ive read from i8000 forums that phone part of the winmo rom affects battery performance on android.. can someone from b7610 confirm this? and if it is.. what is the best phone part to flash? mine have XIK1 and having android run for 1 day it only last for about 6-8 hours with minimal use, just texting.

Hi everybody,

I've read some pages of this thread because I've tried Froyo beta 3 rev98 on my b7610.

I'm a french user, and my first tests were bored by the keyboard. I've a physical azerty keyboard on my b7610, but in android, the keys are strange (I think that by default it consider that it's a qwerty physical keyboard)

Is there a solution to easily have a azerty keyboard which works well on this beta3 ?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Guest erikcas

Hi everybody,

I've read some pages of this thread because I've tried Froyo beta 3 rev98 on my b7610.

I'm a french user, and my first tests were bored by the keyboard. I've a physical azerty keyboard on my b7610, but in android, the keys are strange (I think that by default it consider that it's a qwerty physical keyboard)

Is there a solution to easily have a azerty keyboard which works well on this beta3 ?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

I can create it. Can you post exact keyboard layout (pic)?

Somebody did some time ago, cannot remember where it is

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wandschrank

hi is there anyone who could share the latest tutorial on how to install Android on B7610? please...

Hey, it's explained (again) on the last pages of this thread. Very shortly:

1. Go to http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php

2. Download "Automatic Installation Package"

3. Download Kernel from http://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid/downloads/list

4. Extract the archives to "My Storage" on your phone, use newest zImage

5. Format your SD Card with FAT32, backup data beforehand

6. Go to o2beta folder with your mobile, start androidinstall.exe

7. Let install

8. Reboot wildly

9. Start haret.exe on your phone

10. Enjoy

I hope I forgot nothing.

Another question, I skimmed through the thread a bit, but.. Wifi isn't possible yet, or is it?

Guest erikcas

Hey, it's explained (again) on the last pages of this thread. Very shortly:

1. Go to http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php

2. Download "Automatic Installation Package"

3. Download Kernel from http://code.google.c.../downloads/list

4. Extract the archives to "My Storage" on your phone, use newest zImage

5. Format your SD Card with FAT32, backup data beforehand

6. Go to o2beta folder with your mobile, start androidinstall.exe

7. Let install

8. Reboot wildly

9. Start haret.exe on your phone

10. Enjoy

I hope I forgot nothing.

Another question, I skimmed through the thread a bit, but.. Wifi isn't possible yet, or is it?

you are correct, wifi isn't possible yet.

You are forgetting:

Go to htttp://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid and download latest update rev for B7610 from downloadsection. Place zimage and frb3update.tar.gz on your my storage and boot with haret.

If you are trying CMBeta1 rename the frb3update.tar,gz to cm_o2_update.tar.gz but keep in mind that in this beta phone and data are not working

Please keep track in the new forum. HERE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Isascaboy89

Hi.

On first post you say

TWeak 2 : Little incraesed battery life

1. Download Antutu Cpu master

2. Go to advanced Tab

3. SET as Follows:

I/O scheduler anticptry

UP threshold 90

Dwn threshold 50

thres. % 10

4. Tick set on Boot and Apply.

I can't found tres, all the others settings are ok...

Where is tres?

And how much does this improve battery duration?

Thx to all

Guest gauravv

Hi.

On first post you say

I can't found tres, all the others settings are ok...

Where is tres?

And how much does this improve battery duration?

Thx to all

its threshold percentage comes after nice load option and before set to boot option................battery improves not that much just you will get extra 3-4 hours

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Heldiho53

Hi sorry to bother you again I hope you can help me :) I installed froyo beta 3 with the newest kernel on SD card but my problem is the musicplayer can't find my music. :( The filemanager finds my files. I tried to install winamp and other music/media players it doesn't work. :( My second problem is I have a 8gb sd card but I can't use the rest of the space ca. 3,6 gb ! Someone who can help me ?

Guest erikcas
Hi sorry to bother you again I hope you can help me I installed froyo beta 3 with the newest kernel on SD card but my problem is the musicplayer can't find my music. The filemanager finds my files. I tried to install winamp and other music/media players it doesn't work. My second problem is I have a 8gb sd card but I can't use the rest of the space ca. 3,6 gb ! Someone who can help me ?

Why beta3 and not the CM beta?

Guest Heldiho53

Why beta3 and not the CM beta?

Because the cm beta is much slower and laggier for me, the headset wont get fixed with the "headsetfix" much more beta 3 is better