Sign in to follow this  
BEKO-86

Free Unlock? Humour me pls

Hi, I have searched and cant seem to find any info on a free unlock solution for the Galaxy S. Does one exist.

Personally I have a San Fran and I don't know anything at all about the Samsung, I bought it cheap of my nephew and I want to unlock it so that I can sell it or use it.

Thanks in advance

Just checked and its on firmware 2.1, is that a good thing as far as unlocking goes?

Eclair 2.1 is quite old now. the latest is Froyo 2.2.1 Have you tried updating using kies?

Eclair 2.1 is quite old now. the latest is Froyo 2.2.1 Have you tried updating using kies?

Sorry I know nothing about the Galaxy whatsoever, other than when I booted it the oled screen looked very nice.

So by updating it will also unlock?

Hi, I have searched and cant seem to find any info on a free unlock solution for the Galaxy S. Does one exist.

Personally I have a San Fran and I don't know anything at all about the Samsung, I bought it cheap of my nephew and I want to unlock it so that I can sell it or use it.

Thanks in advance

Look for Z4 Root app to gain root access then this unlock below

http://www.appbrain.com/app/galaxy-s-unloc...z.galaxysunlock

After applying an update the unlock may break though.