Phone getting hot in JJ8 compared to FLB6 ????

Guest tomatoface

Guest tomatoface

I don't know if it's just me but I've noticed the upper part of my phone getting hot when using KK's JJ8 compared to the Chinese based roms (FLB's). This was noticed when playing Angry birds.

I have the AMOLED version and despite the heat I've checked out the CPU utilization and it's not particularly high. I'm surprised as I'm not running the overclocking addon and otherwise the performance is superb. Are the graphics being overworked on this ROM and if so will this affect my battery.

Just wondered if anyone else has noticed this?

Guest dmxpowa

im using JJ since the first OC addon and i have always used it on (710mhz cpu) but i never experienced overheat if i havent played any games, when playing its the same for me with the stock crap.

Edited by dmxpowa

Guest tomatoface
What are you checking the CPU with? Angry Birds is insanely CPU heavy.

I'm using OS monitor. The point that I'm making is that there is a difference between the two roms. Angry birds on FLB = warm and Angry birds on JJ8 (and I have noticed this on earlier JJ versions) = hot.

Guest socialworker

Well, somehow FLB6 manages power consumption much better than JJ.

Don't have any idea why or what could be different, but it's very obvious.

I easily get 2-3x the battery life with FLB6, it virtually doesn't need any power in standby while JJ just eats it up.

Guest MrHicks
Well, somehow FLB6 manages power consumption much better than JJ.

Don't have any idea why or what could be different, but it's very obvious.

I easily get 2-3x the battery life with FLB6, it virtually doesn't need any power in standby while JJ just eats it up.

Are you using the HW UI addon?

HW UI enabled = GPU draws some stuff instead of the CPU. It appears that this has been taking more battery life. It is disabled in JJ default but an addon is avalible to enable it.

Try this:

Here are the instructions in an easier-to-read format:

* Connect the phone to the charger with the phone powered on, and allow the phone to charge until the notification LED is green, indicating the device is fully charged.

* Disconnect the phone from the charger, and power it off.

* Reconnect the phone to the charger with the phone powered off, and allow the phone to charge until the notification LED is green.

* Disconnect the phone from the charger and power it on.

* Once the phone is powered completely on, power it off again and reconnect it to the charger until the notification LED is green.

* Disconnect the phone, power it on, and use it. You need to use this sequence only once.

Wipe the battery stats after the last step (when the indicator is green, but before you start using the phone).

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/e...on_it_works_yo/

Guest tomatoface
HW UI enabled = GPU draws some stuff instead of the CPU. It appears that this has been taking more battery life. It is disabled in JJ default but an addon is avalible to enable it.

Try this:

Here are the instructions in an easier-to-read format:

* Connect the phone to the charger with the phone powered on, and allow the phone to charge until the notification LED is green, indicating the device is fully charged.

* Disconnect the phone from the charger, and power it off.

* Reconnect the phone to the charger with the phone powered off, and allow the phone to charge until the notification LED is green.

* Disconnect the phone from the charger and power it on.

* Once the phone is powered completely on, power it off again and reconnect it to the charger until the notification LED is green.

* Disconnect the phone, power it on, and use it. You need to use this sequence only once.

Wipe the battery stats after the last step (when the indicator is green, but before you start using the phone).

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/e...on_it_works_yo/

Thanks I will try that but I only installed the basic JJ8 without the addon.