• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Launcher pro as default launcher

20 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I did use the search before anyone suggests it and while the answer "may" be there it isn't coming up.

If I want to is it possible to replace the default launcher in a rom with launcher pro? if so what do I need to replace and with what

I want to have launcher pro as the only launcher inside a rom instead of the stock one

Posted · Report post

I did use the search before anyone suggests it and while the answer "may" be there it isn't coming up.

If I want to is it possible to replace the default launcher in a rom with launcher pro? if so what do I need to replace and with what

I want to have launcher pro as the only launcher inside a rom instead of the stock one

Open the zipped rom, navigate to /system/app, delete Launcher2.apk (or similar), place in desired launcher, copy zip to device, flash.

Easy peasy.

Posted · Report post

When I installed JJ RLS7 I just deleted launcher2.apk from system/app and put launcherpro.apk there

Posted (edited) · Report post

Alternatively, if you've already flashed and have adb setup and wanted to replace Launcher2 with the apk located in: c:\apks\org.adw.launcher.apk:

Adb remount

adb shell

cd /system/app

rm Launcher2.apk

<Ctrl-C>

adb push c:\apks\org.adw.launcher.apk /system/app

<edit> oops, typo

Edited by Swimmerboy

Posted · Report post

Alternatively, if you've already flashed and have adb setup and wanted to replace Launcher2 with the apk located in: c:aapks\org.adw.launcher.apk:

Adb remount

adb shell

cd /system/all

rm Launcher2.apk

<Ctrl-C>

adb push c:\apks\org.adw.launcher.apk /system/app

should read /system/app

Posted · Report post

I presume then that you can also use Titanium Backup the same way you would remove the pre-installed Orange crap? I've removed all sorts of stuff that way but I've never dared remove the stock launcher... yet. ;)

Posted · Report post

should read /system/app

You're right - damn my fat fingers! ;)

Posted · Report post

I replaced the stock Launcher with Launcher Pro the easy/lazy way.

I installed Launcher Pro, rebooted the phone and selected LP as my preferred Launcher when the option popped up after reboot! Using JJ8.

Posted · Report post

I want to install it as the default launcher in a rom update to send the kids next time 2.2 gets updated

They live 300-3000 miles away so it's simpler for me to sort out a rom, do any changes I want to it and then put whatever theme changes need doing and then just give them a download link to flash the rom itself with nothing else to do apart from sign into google

If I remove launcher2.apk from the rom do I just simply replace it with the launcherpro.apk, or do I have to rename the launcher pro app to launcher2.apk first?

Posted · Report post

I didnt rename it.

Posted · Report post

I didnt rename it.

I would like to do this aswell, but where do I download .apk?

Posted · Report post

I would like to do this aswell, but where do I download .apk?

try to google? first page that comes up if you search for launcher pro

and its right there on the front page saying download...

Posted · Report post

I took it from another rom. Cant remember which one I took it from but Finnish Fillyjonk has it so download it and copy it from there.

Posted · Report post

try to google? first page that comes up if you search for launcher pro

and its right there on the front page saying download...

Ah i tried before but then i only came to pages that seemed to be used from the phone. I will try again ;)

Posted · Report post

Anyone about a solution of making a launcher default, when I have more? I want to keep the stock one, as it has the backgrounds, but nothing more...

Posted · Report post

Is it wise to remove the stock launcher? Isnt it the only way you can change the lockscreen wallpaper? I use launcher pro but need to switch to the stock launcher whenever I want to change the lockscreen wallpaper as there is no option to change it in launcher pro.

Posted · Report post

I "thought" the lock screen wallpaper was in the framework-res.apk? or is that the default wallpaper and not the lock one?

or are they both the same?

Posted · Report post

when replacing/adding apps in a ROM, can all this be done on a Windows PC using winzip ?

thanks .. Mike

Posted · Report post

I "thought" the lock screen wallpaper was in the framework-res.apk? or is that the default wallpaper and not the lock one?

or are they both the same?

yes, it's in "framework-res.apk"

Posted · Report post

when replacing/adding apps in a ROM, can all this be done on a Windows PC using winzip ?

yes simply swap or add/remove any you want