Telefonica o2 UK Limited?

Guest Magatame

Guest Magatame

So I put on the latest Jellyfish ROM without unlocking my phone and put in my o2 sim. The latest Jellyfish ROM allowed my sim to work without being unlocked. Only problem is that it says the network is "Telefonica o2 UK Limited" Is there anyway to make it say "o2 UK" instead? I know its a silly thing to make a topic over but it bugs me lol.

Thanks

Guest rbbrslmn
So I put on the latest Jellyfish ROM without unlocking my phone and put in my o2 sim. The latest Jellyfish ROM allowed my sim to work without being unlocked. Only problem is that it says the network is "Telefonica o2 UK Limited" Is there anyway to make it say "o2 UK" instead? I know its a silly thing to make a topic over but it bugs me lol.

Thanks

its done the same to my giffgaff sim, this was with release 6.

Thanks

NO, but

you could install another rom if you really hate it!

Guest rbbrslmn
What is the actual problem? Telefonica O2 is the correct name for your network.

its not. its the o2 network owned by telefonica, the name hasnt changed. similarly whilst telefonica may own giffgaff its a seperate company on a virtual network.

I'm afraid you are wrong.

Go to the O2 website scroll to the bottom of the page and look what it says in the right hand corner. In fact i'll save you the trouble "Telefónica O2 UK Limited"

:lol:

Edited by c-m

Guest rbbrslmn
I'm afraid you are wrong.

Go to the O2 website scroll to the bottom of the page and look what it says in the right hand corner. In fact i'll save you the trouble "Telefónica O2 UK Limited"

:lol:

its the name of the company. NO ONE HAS DISPUTED THAT however its not the name of the network.

if you have an orange or t mobile phone they say either orange or t mobile, not the name of the company "everything everywhere" the name of the network for O2 customers is O2 UK, and the name of the network for giffgaff customers is "giffgaff" however with japanese jellyfish for some reason they both display "Telefónica O2 UK Limited". neither are doing so correctly.

edit, should add this is a minor quibble and the guy making JJ is a lovely lovely man for his efforts

Edited by rbbrslmn

replace the libril-qc-1.so file in the jap jellyfish with the same file from flibbles froyo rom and it will change to O2 - UK

or, use the MoDaCo Custom Froyo Rom R7, and it will change to "giffgaff".

Guest rbbrslmn
replace the libril-qc-1.so file in the jap jellyfish with the same file from flibbles froyo rom and it will change to O2 - UK

is it possible to do that without using adb?

Guest rbbrslmn
any free alternative to root explorer or is it worth buying it???

theres always 'unofficial sources'

not that I would have a clue what those are or would in any way advocate using them if I did...

Guest Carlos Abel Chavez Slim
Paul's Rom is the only one which display correctly the netwnork name :lol:

It's a p**s easy fix to be fair, just the replacement of two files.

I don't know why it has been overlooked for JJ as it has been brought up several times.