DisAPPearing Internal memory

Guest MarkT1973

Guest MarkT1973

I thought I would try a new rom as I had resisted the flashing bug. I have always been a bit App Happy, but I have been coping well with shadow sense and apps2sd+. The application data seems to eat away at my internal memory though (was already down to 40mb after installing all my Apps) but this just keeps shrinking until the lovely memory low icon appears. This problem occurred with my shadow sense rom too, any tips?

Guest BashyUK
I thought I would try a new rom as I had resisted the flashing bug. I have always been a bit App Happy, but I have been coping well with shadow sense and apps2sd+. The application data seems to eat away at my internal memory though (was already down to 40mb after installing all my Apps) but this just keeps shrinking until the lovely memory low icon appears. This problem occurred with my shadow sense rom too, any tips?

Always been the case with a2sd, once you install a large number of apps the internal eventually gets 'eaten' by the app cache which still lives on internal. Give d2sd or data2whatever a go. Check out XDA, lots of ROMS using it there now although I think someone has used it with MCR too (maybe hongkongtom I think).

I'm using Alex-V 2.2 since this weekend with d2whatever, 646MB free internal. With a2sd+ I had 54MB free. Performance so far exactly the same, tried 1 day with standard kernel (oc to 1113) now using coutts (OC to 1190) CFS kernel. All good.

Guest MarkT1973

Well it certainly looks great so far fingers crossed!

Thanks for taking the time to advise, I am sure it is all out there somewhere between Modaco and Xda but sometimes the right question is half the battle!