Sign in to follow this  
ken0429ng

Changing the frequency of the HTC Desire HD?

ken0429ng    0

Is it possibe to change the frequency that the Desire HD uses?

I just got an HTC Desire HD but it apparently doesn't use the same frequency as my other phone did so I'm stuck on insanely slow EDGE.

I know this request may sound a little odd but I'm desperate to change it.

At the moment the frequency is: HSPA/WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz

And I need to get to: 850/1900MHz

I saw that you can apperently flash "Radios", is this what is needed? What exactly would flashing a Radio do?

If anyone could help me here it would be GREATLY appreciated, I mean what's a smartphone without 3G internet?

Edit: I just realized that both Rogers and the HTC Desire HD share the 1900 frequency, is there any way I could enable the 3G on that frequency?

Wild Child    0

The simplest answer is no...band frequency is hardcoded from my understanding into the hardware

Is it possibe to change the frequency that the Desire HD uses?

I just got an HTC Desire HD but it apparently doesn't use the same frequency as my other phone did so I'm stuck on insanely slow EDGE.

I know this request may sound a little odd but I'm desperate to change it.

At the moment the frequency is: HSPA/WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz

And I need to get to: 850/1900MHz

I saw that you can apperently flash "Radios", is this what is needed? What exactly would flashing a Radio do?

If anyone could help me here it would be GREATLY appreciated, I mean what's a smartphone without 3G internet?

Edit: I just realized that both Rogers and the HTC Desire HD share the 1900 frequency, is there any way I could enable the 3G on that frequency?

Jaicor    0
The simplest answer is no...band frequency is hardcoded from my understanding into the hardware

It seems I'm in the exact same predicament, but here (Australia) the Telstra 3G network (900/2100MHz) has crap coverage, and I need it to be the Telstra Next G network (850/2100MHz)

Come on all you tech-heads, there must be a way!

Help Help Help!!!!!