What's your uptime?

Guest weba

Guest ZTE Blade_
Er, huh?

I have the feeling ZTE thinks this thread is about time between charges, hence the comment.

eh, now i see, you're so right

i apologize to everyone here

Guest tttonyyy

I'm regularly deliberately rebooting my phone so would never win this - but for my masterstroke...

...I've put the missus' phone on Seb's desoftened 0.3, and she never reboots it.

Think I might be in with a chance on this one after all :lol:

Edited by tttonyyy

jellyfish rls9 now

turn off gprs, turn on if needed... good for two days...

but turn on wifi did drain the batteries faster than old rom (jellyfish rls5)

Guest Luke2642

I'm beginning to suspect my hardware... you all seem to be doing much better than me.

These things consistently and reliably reboot my phone on 2.2, regardless of whether I'm running Paul's rom, JJ or FF. I've tried lots of roms:

- Having battery calibrated badly. First thing in a morning I'd unplug and read the news - almost guaranteed reboot within 30 secs. Calibrating the battery with charging when off / on / recovery reset battery stats fixed this.

- Loading Gallery app and scrolling through photos. I have picasa web albums and I guess it doesn't download them fast enough. It doesn't just force close, it reboots.

- Having GPS + WiFi on and loading maps. Randomly reboots. Fortunately I know where I am when I'm on wi-fi so this only ever happens by accident.

- Switching Hardware acceleration on means my phone generally becomes more unstable. Perhaps it's faulty. Perhaps I should take it back... but it's perfectly fine on the stock 2.1 rom ;)

I don't ever see a force close... but I tend to see a reboot and the little green android every day. What am I doing wrong?

I've also got a problem on JJ9 with the proximity sensor - my ear keeps putting people on hold - but there's a fix in another thread, so hopefully that's one less to worry about.

Guest Luke2642

Well, I've bitten the bullet and had my dodgy phone swapped. The orange courier swapped my TFT one for an AMOLED one this morning! Bonus!

I just want to emphasise to anyone who is having similar stability issues.... Don't hesitate! Get it swapped! I just told the orange rep on the phone the truth about when it reboots, no hassle! I didn't mention custom roms though... too much truth can be a bad thing! But the gallery 3d and various market apps would reboot even on stock, so I didn't really exaggerate.

Now... all this snappy smooth hardware accelerated graphics (using Pauls R11 at the moment, will try JJ next) and not a single reboot so far! It's only been a few hours though, but I've done my best to stress it!

Looking forward to breaking your records... ;)

Guest Stuart_f

384:00:20 on Paul's MoDaCo r4

The only reason I had to reboot the last time was that I couldn't stop the iPlayer audio from MyPlayer from playing in the background.