connecting Pulse to the Hi-Fi

Guest baotica

Guest baotica

Hej people, because I live on the first flour I leave the phone there most of the time, but often I linger outside of the house (I have a big yard), anyway, I can not hear the phone ringing if not on the first flour, so I had an idea, I would connect the phone through headphones output to the Hi-Fi stereo system, and hear the ringing on the big speakers.

But no, when I tried it, the sound was very quiet, and was like the phone was in a barrel, WTF.

Anyway if somene knows the solution, Iwould be thankful for the answer.

Guest Sh4d0w940

Don't know whether the Pulse has it actually, but on my desire z android saves two volume profiles.

So if you put ringer volume to the max it can be to the lowest level when you plug in your headphones (or hi-fi system)

And it could be too simple, but can't you just turn up the volume of the stereo system?

Sh4d0w940

Guest olilen33

Hello,

You might be using a 2.5 to 3.5 jack adapter?

In that case you should know that he pulse 2.5 connector does not works properly with a 2.5 stereo connector. You have to use a connector that includes a microphone input.

And even in that case it seems quite difficult to find one that works properly with the pulse. I bought 3 of these on ebay that did not worked before taking one appart and modifying it. The thing to know is that the microphone contact on the jack is the 3rd one (starting from the extremity of the connector).

Regards,