GREEK 2.2 Froyo official release late March 2011

Guest aristarhos

Guest aristarhos

According to valid blog techblog.gr, Greek telecommunications operator WIND and ZTE will provide official upgrade to Android 2.2 Froyo for the smartphone ZTE Blade in late March 2011, two months from now.

http://techblog.gr/mobile/zt-blade-android-2-2-update-confirmed/

Guest JolyonS

I wonder how many of these official 2.2 updates will be based on one of the ROMs from here?

Take Japanese Jellyfish, bung some carrier-specific APKs in, change the wallpaper, wipe your fingerpints and job done, head down the pub.

Guest zerosignull
According to valid blog techblog.gr, Greek telecommunications operator WIND and ZTE will provide official upgrade to Android 2.2 Froyo for the smartphone ZTE Blade in late March 2011, two months from now.

Is that a Wednesday? because if it isn't its sooo not true..

Guest oh!dougal
I wonder how many of these official 2.2 updates will be based on one of the ROMs from here?

Its a terrific achievement to take ZTE's published source and make it work (well) on a different memory map.

And add goodies like cpu and bus overclocking possibilities.

But it SHOULD be much easier for ZTE to do a more bulletproof job, because they have the full source to everything they need, AND full details of the hardware platform (which we certainly lack).

And stuff like overclock-ability, and being pre-rooted, are definitely NOT what you want if you are responsible for any part of the warranty cost ... as the vendors probably are.

Guest fonix232
Its a terrific achievement to take ZTE's published source and make it work (well) on a different memory map.

And add goodies like cpu and bus overclocking possibilities.

But it SHOULD be much easier for ZTE to do a more bulletproof job, because they have the full source to everything they need, AND full details of the hardware platform (which we certainly lack).

And stuff like overclock-ability, and being pre-rooted, are definitely NOT what you want if you are responsible for any part of the warranty cost ... as the vendors probably are.

Some simple changes (setting ro.*.secure = 0 in the kernel, and adb too, removing the su binary and superuser.apk, OR using a generic boot.img) and you are done.

Guest hecatae
Some simple changes (setting ro.*.secure = 0 in the kernel, and adb too, removing the su binary and superuser.apk, OR using a generic boot.img) and you are done.

release it as a TPT and unless you knew how to pull the system image apart you'd never know.

network brand a rom, make a build number, add all network branded apps, and then go and convince sales staff that it's now being released with Froyo

Edited by hecatae

Guest vareBlade
Is that a Wednesday? because if it isn't its sooo not true..

Didnt Wednesday joke become old and boring already?

Its not fake though, they promised us (greek owners) a froyo update in "early 2011" but i guess early for them is end of Q1 :lol:

because there is no update mechanism and customers have already bought their phone, why would orange want to give away an update for free, it would cost them money to make the update. orange are greedy.

the guys from ZTE will probaly not do this, they will make their own mess. :lol:

look at Samsung. the galaxy is good hardware but the stock roms are complete crap doesnt matter which version.

else they dont read XDA or they just ignore. they alos ignore their customers.

the GPS in my galaxy is complete crap compared to the blade. and its not the hardware... they mess the software up.

Google was much more clever... the Nexus S uses some approvments the guys from XDA found out.

but anyway. may be they do a 2.2.1 and they dont mess up the sourcecode so much before the release.

:)

Guest Magnets
Being released in Sweden and Greece, why's it so difficult for Orange UK to do the same?

I would imagine it's the cost, they probably cut as many corners as possible to get it so cheap, including manufacturers feature update support.

Edited by Magnets

Guest ZTE Blade_

do not trust this web site

many times in the past proved wrong

i'm also Greek

Guest thedandyp
And you mean what exactly?

I was taking a historic quote and applying it to the post directly above mine; post 16.

Have you not heard of the trojan war?

Guest Stryke69

Hmm, an official Froyo would be nice, but really: I don't need one. I'm on Pauls Froyo and I can't think of anything that could be done better. It's very fast, smooth, fantastic battery performance (4 days are minimum) so what could I want more?

Guest iashraf
Hmm, an official Froyo would be nice, but really: I don't need one. I'm on Pauls Froyo and I can't think of anything that could be done better. It's very fast, smooth, fantastic battery performance (4 days are minimum) so what could I want more?

You get 4 days MINIMUM?

Guest mELIANTE

Yeah, but that's not free :lol:

Guest Stryke69

No, normal use. Some phone calls, internet (mostly Wifi), but very few gaming sessions.

I guess it's the last point that saves a lot of battery :lol: