• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

JJ9 OVERCLOCKABLE Kernal???

10 posts in this topic

Posted

hi i got easy quesion is jj9 has overclockable kernal???

Posted

what is kernal?

Posted

yes

Posted

Page1 of the JJFS RLS9 thread..took exactly 1.2secs to discover:

RLS5

* No more bloating, only one super-slimmed version that fits on 128Mb system partition (more info and instructions will come later)

* New kernel with overclocking support (Use SetCPU)........

Posted

thx one more q why the bench mark is that small i had mini 1000 on modaco rom and on jj only 600 help

Posted (edited)

thx one more q why the bench mark is that small i had mini 1000 on modaco rom and on jj only 600 help

StageFright media decoders are turned on in Modaco & turned off in JJ, they don't work & give false high scores in Quadrant as well as affecting (mostly breaking) video playback. So the benchmark scores in Modaco are wrong & JJ gives you the real score. Your phone isn't faster than a HTC Desire, sorry.

Edited by wbaw

Posted (edited)

StageFright media decoders are turned on in Modaco & turned off in JJ, they don't work & give false high scores in Quadrant as well as affecting (mostly breaking) video playback. So the benchmark scores in Modaco are wrong & JJ gives you the real score. Your phone isn't faster than a HTC Desire, sorry.

Does anybody know the fastest clock speed/highest quadrant score Achieved with the jellyfish rom using setCPU?

I'm currently clocked at 650ish, 580 score in quadrant.

Just below the desire. £99. :lol:

Edited by Cardyology

Posted

Does anybody know the fastest clock speed/highest quadrant score Achieved with the jellyfish rom using setCPU?

I'm currently clocked at 650ish, 580 score in quadrant.

Just below the desire. £99. :lol:

I'm getting 551 in quadrant @ 710mhz with conservative cpu scaling, it shows it as just above the Desire & Nexus one, but I'm sure I got about 1300 on a Desire with stock orange 2.2.1 android.

Posted

I'm getting 551 in quadrant @ 710mhz with conservative cpu scaling, it shows it as just above the Desire & Nexus one, but I'm sure I got about 1300 on a Desire with stock orange 2.2.1 android.

Are you sing setCPU for the over clock? What settings? SetCPU seems to crash for me the 2nd time I run it, every time. Maaaaaannnn......

Posted

Are you sing setCPU for the over clock? What settings? SetCPU seems to crash for me the 2nd time I run it, every time. Maaaaaannnn......

I'm using userinit.sh, I was sick of setcpu crashing. Use root explorer, or adb or something to edit /system/bin/userinit.sh you just need to uncomment a couple of lines to set the speeds you want, if you're on jj9.