• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

low res in gallery app and setting as background

6 posts in this topic

Posted

i wanted to add some cool background images to the tab so i put them onto the internal storage, and set one as the background, but to my surprise, the picture is all pixelated, in every single way possible i have tried, the result is the same from an image of 2200 × 1066 (jpg) as well as tried with a png file and it did the same, is this common? i remember adding other images as backgrounds (prior to root and modaco rom flash) and this conversion not happening.

Then i realized that the problem is not in using them as backgrounds, but even in the gallery app they have a low resolution, without being able to zoom in to its true resolution before it going almost block like.

any idea anyone?

Posted

Take a look at the hacked Gallery3d app..

you can find it in the xda android section for sure.

Otherwise i use Large image viewer.

also es file explorer's built in pic viewer can set wallpeper without quality loss ;)

Hope it helps.

Posted

Take a look at the hacked Gallery3d app..

you can find it in the xda android section for sure.

Otherwise i use Large image viewer.

also es file explorer's built in pic viewer can set wallpeper without quality loss ;)

Hope it helps.

Hey thanks for the tip, having some difficulty getting rid of the old Gallery3D.apk in /system/app/

trying to change the permission so i can get rid of it, "chmod 755" but it wont let me in while in SU.

Also would it be a good idea to ask paul to have this hacked version in the MoDaCo rom?

Posted

Hey thanks for the tip, having some difficulty getting rid of the old Gallery3D.apk in /system/app/

trying to change the permission so i can get rid of it, "chmod 755" but it wont let me in while in SU.

Also would it be a good idea to ask paul to have this hacked version in the MoDaCo rom?

The hacked gallery 3d is also available as a zip file to flash in recovery, but i must admit i havent tried it on the tab yet ;)

on my desire it works flawless, but on some roms it makes FC.

Posted (edited)

I have replaced the one on the modaco Beta4 with this one

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=752007

seems to be working fine but .. I cant tell the difference ;)

edit: also tried gallery3d from CM6.1.1 for NexusOne. again, it works but I must be blind I cannot see the difference

Edited by nmesisca

Posted

Try gallery called QuickPic - it is much better than default gallery..