[ROMS] X920 Series: All-In-One (Sense 2.5.2021, Titanium, TouchWizUI)

Guest xlightwaverx

Guest nvrmind

Video plays, but the touch player auto rotation is kind of wonky...

When you turn the phone on it's side while video is playing, the interface for TP looks like it stays the same and the menu shows from behind.

If you tap the screen to go to landscape mode, it works fine unless you turn the phone sideways, at which point the interface rotates and we have a similar problem to the prior.

Not a huge deal, I know, just something I noticed.

Thanks for the great rom!

Guest amdzero

Well I don't want to over step bounds here, but the mainmenu.exe replacement of those 2 files isn't working. So I could post a working .cab file with the ORIGINAL mainmen.exe (which doesn't look as good) or I could post the .cab WITHOUT the mainmenu.exe and just post the mainmenu.exe separately. either way I'll let xLightwaverx decide as it's his rom.

Guest xlightwaverx
Well I don't want to over step bounds here, but the mainmenu.exe replacement of those 2 files isn't working. So I could post a working .cab file with the ORIGINAL mainmen.exe (which doesn't look as good) or I could post the .cab WITHOUT the mainmenu.exe and just post the mainmenu.exe separately. either way I'll let xLightwaverx decide as it's his rom.

It is fixed. Please try the same link as before...

X

Edited by xlightwaverx

Guest sixstrings

great job on the rom lightwaver. very smooth. I wish i could cook these roms like you guys do but it never seems to work out for me. when do you think your sense rom gonna be ready?

Guest xlightwaverx
great job on the rom lightwaver. very smooth. I wish i could cook these roms like you guys do but it never seems to work out for me. when do you think your sense rom gonna be ready?

When I can find a good Sense Build that I do not have to mess with CFC. ;)

X

Guest Delosky

I concur. I've only put 2 or 3 other ROMs on my i920, but this is by far the best, cleanest, and smoothest one yet. I only have 1 issue and 1 question.

1) I'm having a problem with Skype Mobile. Was this put in for testing purposes, or is it really supposed to work? Am I supposed to be connected via Wi-Fi and not cellular? I keep getting, "Unable to connect to Skype network".

2) Is there a way to disable "BattClock" and it's configuration? I like to use tacchan23's taskbar icons, but everytime I restart the device, your taskbar settings show and I have to run BattClock from the menu to disable it and see tacchan23's icons.

Other than that, after 24 hours, I'm running at 90MB free RAM and the response is really good. Google Maps also seems to locate me much faster than in the stock ROM.

I concur. I've only put 2 or 3 other ROMs on my i920, but this is by far the best, cleanest, and smoothest one yet. I only have 1 issue and 1 question.

1) I'm having a problem with Skype Mobile. Was this put in for testing purposes, or is it really supposed to work? Am I supposed to be connected via Wi-Fi and not cellular? I keep getting, "Unable to connect to Skype network".

2) Is there a way to disable "BattClock" and it's configuration? I like to use tacchan23's taskbar icons, but everytime I restart the device, your taskbar settings show and I have to run BattClock from the menu to disable it and see tacchan23's icons.

Other than that, after 24 hours, I'm running at 90MB free RAM and the response is really good. Google Maps also seems to locate me much faster than in the stock ROM.

Hi Delosky,

I can help you with the BattClock. Go to your program menu and find the BattClock icon. Click on it and it will ask you "BattClock is currently enabled. Disable it?" Click yes. Then open your file explorer and go to your Windows/StartUp folder. Delete the BattClock file to keep the program from loading into memory every time you start your phone.

Guest xlightwaverx
Hi LightWeaver,

Still getting that same error when trying to install your SP1 file updated from post #1.

I have downloaded the update to my phone and it asked me to uninstall the previous update. I accepted it and then it installed the update and asked me to reboot.

I rebooted and everything went through. Have you tried the original link I posted and overwritten your previous downloaded copy of the update? Is anyone else having the same problem?

X

I have downloaded the update to my phone and it asked me to uninstall the previous update. I accepted it and then it installed the update and asked me to reboot.

I rebooted and everything went through. Have you tried the original link I posted and overwritten your previous downloaded copy of the update? Is anyone else having the same problem?

X

Still no joy. Downloaded the SP1 file from Post #1 and even reflashed the ROM. Still get the same error.

Guest xlightwaverx
Still no joy. Downloaded the SP1 file from Post #1 and even reflashed the ROM. Still get the same error.

Geez,

I will clear all data and try to redownload and see what happens. Ill check it out once my laptop comes home. 10pm Est.

Guest xlightwaverx
Geez,

I will clear all data and try to redownload and see what happens. Ill check it out once my laptop comes home. 10pm Est.

Ok, it actually does work, but you have to go into Task Manager and physically close the X-Menu prior to installation. See the video HERE.

But on another note, after installing the SP1 Update, I realized that some of the settings for the new BattClock Locations just WILL NOT TAKE. So I have actually included a video of how to set it up on how it is INTENDED to look. This will have to work until the next .nb0 is cooked.

See the Video HERE.

X

Edited by xlightwaverx

Guest xlightwaverx
I realized that some of the settings for the new BattClock Locations just WILL NOT TAKE.

I am not very impressed with the limitations of BattClock 3.4.3.

Edited by xlightwaverx

Hi LightWaver,

Couple of things I have run across after installing SP1. The start menu icon has not changed. This covers up some of your BattClock settings even after following the location settings you reference in your video. Also, the WiFi Router link is dead. Not a big deal as I deactivate BattClock anyway and I created a new link for the WiFi Router. Looking forward to the fix but this is still a great ROM. Keep it up.

Edited by dgyahn

Guest xlightwaverx
Hi LightWaver,

Couple of things I have run across after installing SP1. The start menu icon has not changed. This covers up some of your BattClock settings even after following the location settings you reference in your video. Also, the WiFi Router link is dead. Not a big deal as I deactivate BattClock anyway and I created a new link for the WiFi Router. Looking forward to the fix but this is still a great ROM. Keep it up.

Geez, no wonder it is being difficult. And I wouldn't have known if you haven't had told me. I'll fix tonight. If you do not use BattClock, what do you use? (Just Curious)...

I don't care too much for the windows default look, and I do enjoy the fact of having stats being displayed especially with the WiFi Routing from 3G in effect now.

Kinda reminds me of my old Linux Boxes.

X

Edited by xlightwaverx

Guest xlightwaverx
Hi LightWaver,

Ok, apparently creating CAB files for all the changes you do to your device definately leaves a paper trail of registry keys left to put in place. Start Menu X-Menu Icon has been changed to the one I have been using the whole time. Smaller and neater. WiFi Link and Icon have been added to the registry settings of the X-Menu. I left a long graphically detailed post on the XDA Forum for BattClock about the current problem with the location settings. Those settings still remain "loose-laid" and hopefully someone will be able to send the proper keys over for an easy fix.

Again, here is the latest SP1 Update [02/04/11]

Here is the Video for the "intended" BattClock look until we can get it solved.

X

Geez, no wonder it is being difficult. And I wouldn't have known if you haven't had told me. I'll fix tonight. If you do not use BattClock, what do you use? (Just Curious)...

I don't care too much for the windows default look, and I do enjoy the fact of having stats being displayed especially with the WiFi Routing from 3G in effect now.

Kinda reminds me of my old Linux Boxes.

X

I have used BattClock in the past however I only use the time and battery percentage meters. Since I have a unlimited data plan I don't really need to keep track of my data usage. I also use SPB Mobile Shell and have a battery widget on my home screen. And with BattClock disabled I get a little memory back.

Guest xlightwaverx
I have used BattClock in the past however I only use the time and battery percentage meters. Since I have a unlimited data plan I don't really need to keep track of my data usage. I also use SPB Mobile Shell and have a battery widget on my home screen. And with BattClock disabled I get a little memory back.

I understand. I set up the taskbar to look like this because of the 3g2wifi app.

xTaskBarSP1-Legend.png

You can monitor regular mobile applications to see if Data is actually being transferred (ie. Microsoft MyPhone, or anything else that gets stuck.) With the setup this way, you monitor the mobile incoming Kb/s to the Wifi outgoing Kb/s to see if the data is being handled properly. Then the recent Txt/@/? notifications because of obvious reasons. I unfortunately rely on this mobile phone to tether data for everything I own at my residence ;)

X

I understand. I set up the taskbar to look like this because of the 3g2wifi app.

xTaskBarSP1-Legend.png

You can monitor regular mobile applications to see if Data is actually being transferred (ie. Microsoft MyPhone, or anything else that gets stuck.) With the setup this way, you monitor the mobile incoming Kb/s to the Wifi outgoing Kb/s to see if the data is being handled properly. Then the recent Txt/@/? notifications because of obvious reasons. I unfortunately rely on this mobile phone to tether data for everything I own at my residence ;)

X

Sounds good. I can see the advantage of this with a Sence ROM because of the message notifications. By the way, any idea when you will be working on your Sence ROM? I'm really looking forward to it as most Sence ROMs I have tried for the O2 are too slow or unresponsive for me.

Guest xlightwaverx
Sounds good. I can see the advantage of this with a Sence ROM because of the message notifications. By the way, any idea when you will be working on your Sence ROM? I'm really looking forward to it as most Sence ROMs I have tried for the O2 are too slow or unresponsive for me.

I have Sense running on it now, and it is slow and unresponsive sometimes but that is what we O2 users have to deal with. I'll post some screenshots later of 2.5.2018. Seems to settle around 70MB but that is with the Samsung Dialer in place. I believe if that is disabled it will boost another 10 or so MB. So probably the mod'd X-920 Sense Rom will run at about 80MB, depending on how I cook it. That is better than the M2D Roms in the 8000 Thread :P

I am not sure why you folks find this so special :D

Pics in Post #2

X

Edited by xlightwaverx

I have Sense running on it now, and it is slow and unresponsive sometimes but that is what we O2 users have to deal with. I'll post some screenshots later of 2.5.2018. Seems to settle around 70MB but that is with the Samsung Dialer in place. I believe if that is disabled it will boost another 10 or so MB. So probably the mod'd X-920 Sense Rom will run at about 80MB, depending on how I cook it. That is better than the M2D Roms in the 8000 Thread :P

I am not sure why you folks find this so special :D

Pics in Post #2

X

Do you have the ROM cooked for downloading? I'd be happy to test it for you.