[ROMS] X920 Series: All-In-One (Sense 2.5.2021, Titanium, TouchWizUI)

Guest xlightwaverx

Guest xlightwaverx
I don't think that's it. The emails that I'm having trouble viewing are HTML emails, but from corporate email accounts with specified font colors in them. Example:

- When I get an email from anyone whose default fonts are a white background with black text, it shows as black background with white text on my phone.

- When I get an email from anyone whose default fonts are a white background with colored text, it shows as black background with that colored text (these are the ones that are hard to read). Also, my "reply" font in Outlook is a light green color. On my phone, it shows up as light green and I can read it. My boss' reply color is a dark green. It shows up as dark green on my phone and is one that is hard to read.

- When I get HTML newsletters from various sources, it shows as the HTML graphics similar to the way I see it on my laptop and I can view it fine.

There is a common theme here (no pun intended). In emails that are just regular emails (Activesync is setup for HTML, so if that is how they are composed, that is how they show on my phone), the background color is ALWAYS black with the color of the font that the email was composed as. Regardless of what theme I change too, the background color on all emails that don't have embedded graphics is black. It doesn't change when I change my theme and I know no other way of changing it (there is no "fonts" options inside of pocket Outlook).

The one thing I'm going to try is to change my Exchange sync settings on from HTML to Plain text. I'm wondering if custom fonts will go away all backgrounds will be black and all text will be white, regardless of how the sender sends it. Unfortunately, I don't want Plain Text emails...

Using your favorite File Manager with ROM Access rename this file: mxipcold_zzzgreenACRE_100.provxml to mxipcold_zzzgreenACRE_100.provxml.bak

Reboot, change your theme, and try that.

X

Guest amdzero
Using your favorite File Manager with ROM Access rename this file: mxipcold_zzzgreenACRE_100.provxml to mxipcold_zzzgreenACRE_100.provxml.bak

X

.provxml files are run one time, at first boot. They are executed by a program called coldinit.exe

So unless they are changed in the cooking process, I doubt renaming them will have any effect. You can use a program like DotFred's taskmanager to manually run a provxml file. Although it needs to be named .xml

Guest xlightwaverx
.provxml files are run one time, at first boot. They are executed by a program called coldinit.exe

So unless they are changed in the cooking process, I doubt renaming them will have any effect. You can use a program like DotFred's taskmanager to manually run a provxml file. Although it needs to be named .xml

Actually, I believe if you rename it and remove the battery and then restart the phone, the PROVXML will not take effect after the hard reset like it took on the initial flash. I know if you renamed the PROVXML, and then hard reset, the phone will boot without the GreenAcre forced theme. So then if you change to a theme that doesn't change everything that my PROVXML set, you wont have any remnant registry entries from my forced theme that get rolled over onto the NEW theme, like a constant black background.

Note, this theme was compiled from the SAMSUNG Black Theme that came with stock. If I remember correctly, a lot of people had this similar issue with the STOCK Black Theme.

X

Guest amdzero
Actually, I believe if you rename it and remove the battery and then restart the phone, the PROVXML will not take effect after the hard reset like it took on the initial flash. I know if you renamed the PROVXML, and then hard reset, the phone will boot without the GreenAcre forced theme. So then if you change to a theme that doesn't change everything that my PROVXML set, you wont have any remnant registry entries from my forced theme that get rolled over onto the NEW theme, like a constant black background.

Note, this theme was compiled from the SAMSUNG Black Theme that came with stock. If I remember correctly, a lot of people had this similar issue with the STOCK Black Theme.

X

This could very well be the case, as I've not tested it. but I'm a bit confused on your verbiage. When I hear Hard Reset, I think of the old hold down lock+send+end keys while powering on the phone, then saying yes to formatting. This would erase the contents of the phone system area, and re-copy the files from ROM and perform an initial boot. This would have the same effect as flashing your phone. What you are suggesting is more like a cold boot, verses a warm boot. Where you remove the battery and power on manually, verses pressing the reset switch on the side of the phone (or using a program to reset). Either way, I'm not convinced a cold boot and a warm boot are different from each other.

If the provxmls don't take effect like you say I'm baffled. because I can set the theme to my own custom theme, and after a restart the provxmls don't change it back.

I seem to be rambling on and on, so DON'T MIND ME if your procedure works. I'm not trying to be argumentative, just trying to get the boot process straightened out. If I'm wrong I'd like to find the answer, so I don't relay false information.

Guest xlightwaverx
This could very well be the case, as I've not tested it. but I'm a bit confused on your verbiage. When I hear Hard Reset, I think of the old hold down lock+send+end keys while powering on the phone, then saying yes to formatting. This would erase the contents of the phone system area, and re-copy the files from ROM and perform an initial boot. This would have the same effect as flashing your phone. What you are suggesting is more like a cold boot, verses a warm boot. Where you remove the battery and power on manually, verses pressing the reset switch on the side of the phone (or using a program to reset). Either way, I'm not convinced a cold boot and a warm boot are different from each other.

If the provxmls don't take effect like you say I'm baffled. because I can set the theme to my own custom theme, and after a restart the provxmls don't change it back.

I seem to be rambling on and on, so DON'T MIND ME if your procedure works. I'm not trying to be argumentative, just trying to get the boot process straightened out. If I'm wrong I'd like to find the answer, so I don't relay false information.

I was told that removing the battery was equivalent to a hard reset... but nothing to do with formatting. So it is I that may be wrong :D

X

Guest xlightwaverx
Isn't there a 2021 sense out? Does it have any updates that are a big deal?

Not to my knowledge. In fact, in my discussions with AMD, we have been collaborating on the idea that we should go back to an earlier version of TouchFlo 3D, preferably, 2.0, or the latest, 2.1. 2.5 and 2.6 are so graphically heavy that they bog down the Omnia after running it for a few hours, and the hesitation of the system becomes quite an annoyance after prolonged use.

Personally, I am trying to find a way to get the latest Verizon Imagio ROM dump to boot on this Omnia 2, but I am having the worst of luck. It has been recently updated by HTC with a ROM upgrade, and its current Manila version is 2.0.xxxx. A very recent release on a very fast system. Unfortunately, I am at wits end and cannot get it to load. In my discussions with AMD, he has had similar luck. I believe once we can get the Imagio Verion ROM to boot, devices like the Omnia II will have a new definition of what "SENSE" is, with the speed and functionality that it deserves.

We would appreciate any help with this, as for once this is accomplished, it would be the start of something very great.

X

Guest Bryan W.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...sense-2-5-2021/

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...t&p=1392100

No biggie because as has been said before, Sense is awesome but is slow on the Omnia II. I only bring it up because possibly new version has performance improvements? Its possible I guess.

As for importing that ROM, is it because they have a different processor? Even if it did load, I thought the problem with Sense's performance was the fact that there is no real OpenGL 1.0 driver for the S3C6410 inside this thing.

I did a quick google, and there is been work done to port the Imagio to the TouchPro2. You might be able to look at how they did that to get an idea of what we need to do here.

I have been a member on here for quite a while but I don't normally post. However, today I felt I had to post just to say that this ROM is top notch! I've flashed a lot of ROM's on my i910 and i920 (all of which were good) but this one has to be one of the smoothest I've seen! Thank you for all the time and effort you have put into it. Your work is very much appreciated! Keep up the great work!

Guest xlightwaverx
http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...sense-2-5-2021/

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?sho...t&p=1392100

No biggie because as has been said before, Sense is awesome but is slow on the Omnia II. I only bring it up because possibly new version has performance improvements? Its possible I guess.

As for importing that ROM, is it because they have a different processor? Even if it did load, I thought the problem with Sense's performance was the fact that there is no real OpenGL 1.0 driver for the S3C6410 inside this thing.

I did a quick google, and there is been work done to port the Imagio to the TouchPro2. You might be able to look at how they did that to get an idea of what we need to do here.

Its seems, IMHO, that the higher the version of Sense, 2015, 2016, all the way to 2021, the higher the graphical processing power it requires. Most chefs seem to be ripping the most updated Shipped ROMS they can find, extracting the latest Manila release that has been included, and then cooking it into their ROMS as to produce "the most current and up-to-date Sense Release." That is fine and dandy if you are running a phone that has the high end processing power, yet alone, the GPU needed to handle the graphics, but for us it is different.

We have an 800Mhz phone with a limited GPU. We have graphics drivers for it. We can only push so much. SOOO instead of ripping Manila from ROM to ROM, I feel that we should take Manila from a phone that is less or equivalent to our phone. The Imagio seemed to meet the criteria quite well, but from my discussions with AMD, it just wont take. We both tried it, and AMD got more results than I, but to no avail.

As of a few days ago, I found a Blackstone release that seems to be quite fitting, and it is TouchFlo3D Version 1.3. Yeah, I said it, not 2.6, not 2.5, not 2.1, not 2.0, but 1.3, and it flies. It needs to be tweaked a little bit, but that's why there are chefs.

AMD also has found a 1.3 release that he says flies as well. 1.3 is definitely going to be in my next release. It seems like we have figured out what direction we should be heading in, so we will see what comes of this in the next couple weeks.

X

Guest Bryan W.

Well you guys are obviously way ahead of me on this.

But I totally agree with you, a snappy phone is better than a shiny brick.

This is why I use titanium, and I've used Sense and also SPB Mobile Shell. So far I like Titanium.

You guys are away ahead of me on this. But as it goes, I'll help how I can... Perhaps we can extract an older sense version from the imagio rom?

Guest xlightwaverx
Well you guys are obviously way ahead of me on this.

But I totally agree with you, a snappy phone is better than a shiny brick.

This is why I use titanium, and I've used Sense and also SPB Mobile Shell. So far I like Titanium.

You guys are away ahead of me on this. But as it goes, I'll help how I can... Perhaps we can extract an older sense version from the imagio rom?

Titanium has some very untapped potential to be one kick@ss Today option. As for the Imagio. I am done with it. Verizon did not want anyone to mess with it, and they succeeded. I see more possibilities on the route I am taking now but thanks for the support and effort. I admire how people get so involved in this. It seems like such an ordeal to balance time with family and work, and to be able to do this as a hobby.

X

Guest Bryan W.

Hey.. I slaved at getting the Samsung Skined apps on the i8000 onto the i920. I got pretty far, but ultimately after wasting WAYYYYY, WAYYYY too much time on it, I gave up. (learned a lot though)

At least you give us a finished product! Thanks goes to you and AMD and all the guys!

Now you're cookin. No pun intended. I've run a TF3D 1.3 cab on my O2 before. It was stable and fairly fast. I just could not configure it the way I wanted. I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job with this. Really looking forward to having this on my phone. Keep up the great work. As I posted before I love your X-920 V1.0 SP1 which is my ROM of choice now. I use SPB MS for my UI and have configured it be as close to a Sence home page as I can make it. Super fast with no hangups.

post-538633-1298935874_thumb.png

Edited by dgyahn

Guest Delosky

X

UPDATE:

Changing from HTML to Plain Text seems to have fixed the issue. Like I said, it looked like the font colors from Replies were defaulting to the users' fonts in Outlook. Changing all emails to Plain Text makes every font white, regardless how they are received on the Exchange server.

I'll post any changes. I'm going to run with this for another couple of days and then switch back to see if it comes back.

Guest xlightwaverx
Now you're cookin. No pun intended. I've run a TF3D 1.3 cab on my O2 before. It was stable and fairly fast. I just could not configure it the way I wanted. I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job with this. Really looking forward to having this on my phone. Keep up the great work. As I posted before I love your X-920 V1.0 SP1 which is my ROM of choice now. I use SPB MS for my UI and have configured it be as close to a Sence home page as I can make it. Super fast with no hangups.

Very nice...

X

Guest xlightwaverx

Upcoming 1920 Release. Seems to be Impressively Fast when PagePool is set Dynamically. Runs smooth with CHT & Editor installed.

Still working out the quirks, and adding in the twirks.

tf3d1.pngtf3d2.pngtf3d3.png

Guest sixstrings

Upcoming 1920 Release. Seems to be Impressively Fast when PagePool is set Dynamically. Runs smooth with CHT & Editor installed.

Still working out the quirks, and adding in the twirks.

tf3d1.pngtf3d2.pngtf3d3.png

cool bro!! im trying to learn how to cook but its just frustrating. You guys have my respect!! Is there a video tutorial out that shows the basics?

Guest xlightwaverx
cool bro!! im trying to learn how to cook but its just frustrating. You guys have my respect!! Is there a video tutorial out that shows the basics?

If you download the kitchen (Wes's kitchen, but I packaged it for the i920) there's a little PDF tutorial in there that should get you started. Also I included DG21 Stock so you will have a starting point. It is the only thing I use.

Get it HERE.

Guest sixstrings
If you download the kitchen (Wes's kitchen, but I packaged it for the i920) there's a little PDF tutorial in there that should get you started. Also I included DG21 Stock so you will have a starting point. It is the only thing I use.

Get it HERE.

ok, thanks for help. i'll try it and see how it does for me

Guest xlightwaverx
The new Sense looks good. What version is it? Will it have Facebook integration?

Sense 2.5.1920, the earliest version that supports CHT, CHTEDitor, and Weather Home Widget.

Yes, Facebook is working, though I may have to "learn" more about it. My account is integrated fine.

X