[ROMS] X920 Series: All-In-One (Sense 2.5.2021, Titanium, TouchWizUI)

Guest xlightwaverx

Guest dgyahn
If I reflash and the installer hangs again and I have to reboot my phone a bunch of times I'm going to be peeved :( Seriously, though after I install a program the screen shows that the cab file as successfully installed, but there is no OK or exit button. I can close out of that screen with the call end button, but that screen will periodically pop back up and it's not listed as a task in task manager that I can just stop. So just to make sure I'm not missing something obvious, on your screen after you install an app, there is an OK or an exit button? Thanks in advance for the help.

Yes there is a X button to exit out of the install once it has finished.

Guest sixstrings
I haven't tried X's Sence yet. Like you I use the X-920 ROM with SPB Mobile Shell and DROID PRO+ 3.0 by DOC3000 & MSKIP. I haven't experienced any hangup with installing programs. Everything works great. You might have to reflash the ROM to get the installer to stop hanging. As I said it works fine for me and I've installed over 30 programs to my phone.

Hey Dgyahn, i'm using the exact same setup as u with x-920 rom and spb ms3 with droid pro+3.0. Have you seen a fix as to why it wont show an unread sms count??

Edited by sixstrings

Guest dgyahn
Hey Dgyahn, i'm using the exact same setup as u with x-920 rom and spb ms3 with droid pro+3.0. Have you seen a fix as to why it wont show an unread sms count??

I haven't had a problem with the SMS count. See pix below.

post-538633-1299730281_thumb.png

Guest sixstrings
I haven't had a problem with the SMS count. See pix below.

Dgyahn, i sent you a pm about it...didnt want to clog this thread with questions about that.

Edited by sixstrings

Guest chriswells13
Have you tried clicking where the OK button would be on your screen? :( Or how about possibly hitting the OK button the left of your phone :(

X

OK button on the left side of the phone did the trick. Thanks for all you work on these roms. I've tried them all for the i920 and in my opinion yours are currently the best.

Guest jberd
More importantly, now that I have a ROM back..

Does anyone else have the problem that sense is disappearing on them , I'm guessing windows is killing it due to memory usage? But my memory available looks fine..

I'm also having the issue where sense disappears. It happens when i add/remove a tab and Sense needs to reload. Just never comes back. I have to go into the Windows folder and double tap manila.exe to get it back. Setting HTC Sense as the today screen item doesn't work.

Overall Sense runs great but it just doesn't always remain active for some reason.

Guest xlightwaverx
I'm also having the issue where sense disappears. It happens when i add/remove a tab and Sense needs to reload. Just never comes back. I have to go into the Windows folder and double tap manila.exe to get it back. Setting HTC Sense as the today screen item doesn't work.

Overall Sense runs great but it just doesn't always remain active for some reason.

Oh yes, I almost forgot about that. I believe its version 2018. I had to make a startup link for Manila to load for it would not start no matter what I tried to do. When I Googled the answer, it seemed to be a known issue. The current Beta works, but its 1920 and has its own set of issues.

X

Guest jberd
Oh yes, I almost forgot about that. I believe its version 2018. I had to make a startup link for Manila to load for it would not start no matter what I tried to do. When I Googled the answer, it seemed to be a known issue. The current Beta works, but its 1920 and has its own set of issues.

X

lol, i have to give you guys a lot of credit. This stuff must be a pain in the a$$! I will say that i'm looking forward to an earlier version of sense after seeing the screenshots you posted. I've actually resorted back to using Titanium and enjoying not having to constantly battle memory usage. I agree that there is potential in the titanium interface. I'd love to see a multi-page interface similar to Touchwiz where swiping left and right changes the entire menu. Or a static item at the bottom of the screen that shows the weather, time, contacts, etc... Just wish i had the time but until that day, what you guys are doing is great and very appreciated.

I'll continue to report any issues.

Guest the sandman
lol, i have to give you guys a lot of credit. This stuff must be a pain in the a$$! I will say that i'm looking forward to an earlier version of sense after seeing the screenshots you posted. I've actually resorted back to using Titanium and enjoying not having to constantly battle memory usage. I agree that there is potential in the titanium interface. I'd love to see a multi-page interface similar to Touchwiz where swiping left and right changes the entire menu. Or a static item at the bottom of the screen that shows the weather, time, contacts, etc... Just wish i had the time but until that day, what you guys are doing is great and very appreciated.

I'll continue to report any issues.

I remember on my first Omnia, the i910, someone (I forgot who) made a ROM that had Sense 2.5 and also Titanium in the same ROM, and to switch between the two screens all you had to do is press the right soft button on the home screen. I wish someone would make a ROM like that for the Omnia 2

Guest amdzero
I remember on my first Omnia, the i910, someone (I forgot who) made a ROM that had Sense 2.5 and also Titanium in the same ROM, and to switch between the two screens all you had to do is press the right soft button on the home screen. I wish someone would make a ROM like that for the Omnia 2

It was called Flotanium, and it used TouchFlo 2D and Titanium. I believe it was bgill55. It wouldn't be hard, just need to make a script and map it to the soft key.

Guest the sandman
It was called Flotanium, and it used TouchFlo 2D and Titanium. I believe it was bgill55. It wouldn't be hard, just need to make a script and map it to the soft key.

Ok thanks for clearing that up. I really like that idea. Can it be done without having to flash a ROM?

Guest morouz

Hello.I can installed SCH-i920_User_Upgrade_Tool_DG21_V1.0.2.3 .exe from my SCH-i920?Somewhere I read that the update for the SCH-920 (Do not know specifically whether it is) has made quite a few bricks.It is necessary to install this update?

P.S.Sorry for my english,i'm russian.

Guest xlightwaverx
Hello.I can installed SCH-i920_User_Upgrade_Tool_DG21_V1.0.2.3 .exe from my SCH-i920?Somewhere I read that the update for the SCH-920 (Do not know specifically whether it is) has made quite a few bricks.It is necessary to install this update?

P.S.Sorry for my english,i'm russian.

It's not necessary, but it's recommended. I have not heard of it causing any bricks. We had an issue a few months back where we "thought" it was causing a issue with cooked ROMs, but it was soon disproved.

X

Guest tedkord
It's not necessary, but it's recommended. I have not heard of it causing any bricks. We had an issue a few months back where we "thought" it was causing a issue with cooked ROMs, but it was soon disproved.

X

Hey X, flashed your v2.0 today. I like it so far. But I have no X button to exit apps - is that by design? If so, is it possible to get it back. (It's a 6.5, not 6.5.x , right?)

Guest xlightwaverx
Hey X, flashed your v2.0 today. I like it so far. But I have no X button to exit apps - is that by design? If so, is it possible to get it back. (It's a 6.5, not 6.5.x , right?)

Ya, the X is where it normally is but BattClock covers it for its display information. You can use the OK button on the side (which I am having reports that it doesn't work) or just click where the X usually is, and it will OK/Close.

X

Guest tedkord
Ya, the X is where it normally is but BattClock covers it for its display information. You can use the OK button on the side (which I am having reports that it doesn't work) or just click where the X usually is, and it will OK/Close.

X

Yeah, I figured that out this morning, when I suddenly had the revelation that 6.5 has the X in the upper right corner. Tried it, and it worked. I can be incredibly thick, sometimes. Thanks.

Since this is a 6.5 rom, I probably don't need X-task either, as I can just set the Samsung settings for X to close apps. I'm gonna try that soon.

Is your X-menu in the left top corner loaded replacing the usual windows menu? I ask because, in trying to get the X back before, I ran Arto's Start Menu Remover, and X recovery, and now the X-menu doesn't work. It's not a big deal, I don't really use the menu anyway, as I disabled Sense and use SPB MS3.

Guest xlightwaverx
Yeah, I figured that out this morning, when I suddenly had the revelation that 6.5 has the X in the upper right corner. Tried it, and it worked. I can be incredibly thick, sometimes. Thanks.

Since this is a 6.5 rom, I probably don't need X-task either, as I can just set the Samsung settings for X to close apps. I'm gonna try that soon.

Is your X-menu in the left top corner loaded replacing the usual windows menu? I ask because, in trying to get the X back before, I ran Arto's Start Menu Remover, and X recovery, and now the X-menu doesn't work. It's not a big deal, I don't really use the menu anyway, as I disabled Sense and use SPB MS3.

Yes, its using start.dll to map itself the start menu location. Arts remover is already part of the ROM. As for X Recovery, I am not sure if that is needed or not.

X

Guest tedkord

I gotta say, X - I was a bit skeptical - I've tried ROMs from almost every chef who's graced us here, but I always went back to AMD's work. But, this new V.2 test of yours is pretty damned good. 6.5 is much smoother and faster than 6.5.x, and I haven't had any lockups since install. I'm also not bleeding ram like I always have with the 6.5.x ROMs - I rebooted to about 80mb last night, and after using it at work all night (Opera, Core Player, GrooveMobile, etc...) I'm still at 77mb today - nice.

Since I knew I wasn't going to use Sense, I dropped your PP to 12mb before I flashed, and use SPB MS3.5 with MSkip's Freedom Pro Plus. I haven't applied your patch yet - and I may not, since it's plenty fast and smooth without it.

I prefer 6.5.x for it's layout - having the X and menu buttons at the bottom just makes it easier to hit them with my thumb while palming the phone. In my right hand, I can't reach the menu boutton at all without using my other hand. But I don't need the menu button anymore with MS3, and I can tap the X area with my thumb, so this works for me.

Now, I've got a dilemma - do I stick with X920 for a while, or do I flash back to an AMD creation? I need a second i920, or a dual boot config! A beverage is coming your way.

Edited by tedkord

Guest xlightwaverx
I gotta say, X - I was a bit skeptical - I've tried ROMs from almost every chef who's graced us here, but I always went back to AMD's work. But, this new V.2 test of yours is pretty damned good. 6.5 is much smoother and faster than 6.5.x, and I haven't had any lockups since install. I'm also not bleeding ram like I always have with the 6.5.x ROMs - I rebooted to about 80mb last night, and after using it at work all night (Opera, Core Player, GrooveMobile, etc...) I'm still at 77mb today - nice.

Since I knew I wasn't going to use Sense, I dropped your PP to 12mb before I flashed, and use SPB MS3.5 with MSkip's Freedom Pro Plus. I haven't applied your patch yet - and I may not, since it's plenty fast and smooth without it.

I prefer 6.5.x for it's layout - having the X and menu buttons at the bottom just makes it easier to hit them with my thumb while palming the phone. In my right hand, I can't reach the menu boutton at all without using my other hand. But I don't need the menu button anymore with MS3, and I can tap the X area with my thumb, so this works for me.

Now, I've got a dilemma - do I stick with X920 for a while, or do I flash back to an AMD creation? I need a second i920, or a dual boot config! A beverage is coming your way.

Good to hear, with the cache settings finally getting figured out. I don't have a PP more than 4 MB (Even with 2.5.2021), and that is just because MSDN recommended it. There will be another release coming. I just am trying to balance life, kids, gf, work. When I sit back and look at everything I feel like I could possibly get it all done in one night, but once I start working I seem to only accomplish a few tasks per chunk of time I have (no, I am not drinking) :D

There is another release coming.

Just trying to get the bugs out, and make the OOBE the best I can.

X

Edited by xlightwaverx

Guest ultralight23

X,

just recently flashed your rom....nice, love the graffix and speed. Though when i get a call the samsung lockscreen activates then have to unlock to resume whatever i was doing. I've pulled stuuf from your rom and added others to my likings so originally i thought i may have done it somehow. But then i reflashed your rom without altering it and it still (samsung) locks on calls, both incoming and outgoing. any ideas?

also noticed the winmo lockscreen is the button unlock not the slider, is this in the 21916 build?

thanks for the outstanding rom. hoping this will hold me over till i can spend enough time to cook my own. made several tries and ran on some for a couple of days till it locked on me. try and try again i guess.

Guest tedkord
X,

just recently flashed your rom....nice, love the graffix and speed. Though when i get a call the samsung lockscreen activates then have to unlock to resume whatever i was doing. I've pulled stuuf from your rom and added others to my likings so originally i thought i may have done it somehow. But then i reflashed your rom without altering it and it still (samsung) locks on calls, both incoming and outgoing. any ideas?

also noticed the winmo lockscreen is the button unlock not the slider, is this in the 21916 build?

thanks for the outstanding rom. hoping this will hold me over till i can spend enough time to cook my own. made several tries and ran on some for a couple of days till it locked on me. try and try again i guess.

Silly question, but did you uncheck the Samsung lockscreen in Samsung settings? I have it unchecked (I don't use any lockscreen), and I don't get it when a call comes in. When I first flashed, I would get it when the screensaver timed out, until I unchecked it. Didn't get a call before I unchecked, so I don't know if it would have.

Guest ultralight23
Silly question, but did you uncheck the Samsung lockscreen in Samsung settings? I have it unchecked (I don't use any lockscreen), and I don't get it when a call comes in. When I first flashed, I would get it when the screensaver timed out, until I unchecked it. Didn't get a call before I unchecked, so I don't know if it would have.

Yea all unchecked, lockscreen, timed lockscreen and touch-wiz.

A few flashes ago i think i was messing with lockscreen options in the registry but unless the reg edits stick around after flashes i wouldn't think they would be an issue. Guess i'll have a look around regardless.

I've installed throttle lock and sus2 hoping they may over-ride the on-call locks but still happens. May have to try smartlock and see if that works.

Guest tedkord
Yea all unchecked, lockscreen, timed lockscreen and touch-wiz.

A few flashes ago i think i was messing with lockscreen options in the registry but unless the reg edits stick around after flashes i wouldn't think they would be an issue. Guess i'll have a look around regardless.

I've installed throttle lock and sus2 hoping they may over-ride the on-call locks but still happens. May have to try smartlock and see if that works.

Well, I reactivated the Samsung lock and called my phone, and it didn't lock. The lock only came on after screensaver timeout, so I don't have any idea what's going on with your install. Sorry.

Guest ultralight23

Think i found it in the registry, for whatever reason this was enabled:

HKCU>Software>Samsung>Phone>TouchLock:0_00000002 changed it to "0"

tryed a test incoming and outgoing call with no lockscreen.

ummm, that was easy but we'll see what happens after a few days.

on the other topic, is the touch button unlock native for build 21916?

Edited by ultralight23