vodafone 945/zte joe

Guest truspixinho

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
good. someone available to make an android rom 2.2 or 2.3 for the vodafone 945?

Nope, not round here. It's a completely different phone.

Guest awarner

Guys no need to report this topic, it's a valid question.

As for where to go for a possible ROM? you need to find out who actually makes the device for Vodafone. It may not be possible if developers are not interested in the device.

Guys no need to report this topic, it's a valid question.

As for where to go for a possible ROM? you need to find out who actually makes the device for Vodafone. It may not be possible if developers are not interested in the device.

It's basicly a blade with another (lower resolution) screen.

Guest Sebastian404

There was a guy who posted in the Other forum about this device a month or so ago, he sent me a Romdump to look at, but I've not really got around to looking at it yet.

You might want to try posting in the Other forum, see if you can get enough other people who are interested....

Guest The Soup Thief
It's basicly a blade with another (lower resolution) screen.

So it is! The Vodafone 945 is, as the OP said, the ZTE Joe

XDA developers page with some links about it

Here's some more info from GSM arena about it

5mp camera, but the screen's not up to much by comparison with the blade - 240x400 capacitive TFT, making it a little bit like a longer Racer, with a better camera

Was going to forward you to this page on modaco til I noticed that the OP has actually posted on that page too so it would be a bit redundant... ;)

Looks like Sebastian404's shown a glimmer of interest at least, which has to be good news for you (not for a few weeks though - looks like he's back on target with his Bladesmanship!)

All other posters seem to be Portuguese, suggesting it's selling a bit over there

EDIT - while I was searching out those links it looks like Sebastian beat me to the draw!

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest highender

Hi, i tested it, because my rom in this phone is colapsed.

Clockwork recovery works fine, but rom-update is bad, install ending over 5seconds on error state6.. ;)

Guest Sebastian404
Hi, i tested it, because my rom in this phone is colapsed.

Clockwork recovery works fine, but rom-update is bad, install ending over 5seconds on error state6.. ;)

Clockwork is the right way around, all the options work, you can select the options, backup and restore, etc, etc??

What sort of error did the rom update give you?

Guest highender
Clockwork is the right way around, all the options work, you can select the options, backup and restore, etc, etc??

What sort of error did the rom update give you?

i load clockwork to phone via fastboot, copy update.zip to sdcard root, run phone in recovery mode,

i select instal zip from sdcard, choose zip , then VPT_P727AV1.....ZIP ...

next screen i confirm yes, update begin and on screen phone say this:

--Installing: SDCARD:VPT_P727AV1.0.0B09-update_signed.zip...

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Instaling update...

E:Error in /sdcard/VPT_P727AV1.0.0B09-update_signed.zip

(Status 6)

Installation aborted.

It´s all..., when i turned on signature verification say : signature verifikation failed

I try download update 3times, for security, if not damaged during the download,

but result is same ...

have you any idea ?

My phone is otherwise end up on the logo / banner Android and nothing more ...

Edited by highender

Guest cuttysark76

Clockwork recovery Works!

Power + Volume Down - Launches ClockworkMod Recovey

Volume UP/Down to change options

Camera button to select

Back Button- Back

I've tryed:

Backup - OK

Reboot - OK

Should I try the VPT_P727AV1.0.0B09-update_signed.zip? Is it damaged?

Guest highender
Clockwork recovery Works!

Power + Volume Down - Launches ClockworkMod Recovey

Volume UP/Down to change options

Camera button to select

Back Button- Back

I've tryed:

Backup - OK

Reboot - OK

Should I try the VPT_P727AV1.0.0B09-update_signed.zip? Is it damaged?

Hi,

I do not know if it is damaged, but it will not load into the phone, I need the original rom, most likely, is currently run only the clockwork, the phone is otherwise empty and therefore brick ...

Guest highender
Thanks guys, it looks like there's something wrong with the update, I'll look into it and post a (hopefully) working version.

Good luck and I hope you succeed, I'm on to the state of my phone quite unhappy ... I have the "toy" second week, and one learns mistakes, get the original rom seems to be impossible ...

Guest cuttysark76
Good luck and I hope you succeed, I'm on to the state of my phone quite unhappy ... I have the "toy" second week, and one learns mistakes, get the original rom seems to be impossible ...

!Noob Question! Could you run my Backup?

Edited by cuttysark76

Guest Sebastian404
!Noob Question! Could you run my Backup?

In theory yes, but he'd also get all your personal data ;)

I've fixed the problem with the restore image, it was 'bug' with the updater-script I'd not seen before.

I'm just uploading it to multi-upload but it probably wont be done till the morning...

VPT_P727AV1.0.0B09-update_signed.zip - MD5: 2a3a50c30b3f83c7137d6989cf6e77c4

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest highender
In theory yes, but he'd also get all your personal data ;)

This is actually true, unless they do a wipe and then backup :-)

But iti is crazy idea ... :DDD

Guest cuttysark76
This is actually true, unless they do a wipe and then backup :-)

But iti is crazy idea ... :DDD

I will try to help you, but I need your help.

Please provide me error proof steps and correct me if I'm wrong:

1st - Create a Backup through clockwork - All my mail definitions, aps, sms's, etc., will be there?

2nd - Perform wipe data/ factory reset from clockwork menu (clockwork will still be there, right?)?

3rd - I'll get a stock semi-clean install - since I have erased some vodafone apk's, such as 360...

4th - restart the phone with factory reset.

5th - Create a Backup through clockwork - Zip it and share - can it be used also as dump?

6th - Restore the backup from step 1, through clockwork menu (clockwork will still be there, right?) - All my mail definitions, aps, sms's, etc., will be there?

Edited by cuttysark76

Guest highender
I will try to help you, but I need your help.

Please provide me error proof steps and correct me if I'm wrong:

1st - Create a Backup through clockwork - All my mail definitions, aps, sms's, etc., will be there?

2nd - Perform wipe data/ factory reset from clockwork menu (clockwork will still be there, right?)?

3rd - I'll get a stock semi-clean install - since I have erased some vodafone apk's, such as 360...

4th - restart the phone with factory reset.

5th - Create a Backup through clockwork - Zip it and share - can it be used also as dump?

6th - Restore the backup from step 1, through clockwork menu (clockwork will still be there, right?) - All my mail definitions, aps, sms's, etc., will be there?

Hi,

Yes, your assertions are correct, then I do not know if can be used as a dump, but certainly 99% would have to bring up my phone in working condition ...

But most importantly remember that your first backup copy outside of the card to you about your data come and could be copied back:)

if you were willing for me to share I'd be very grateful ...

(btw - sorry for my english)

Edited by highender