vodafone 945/zte joe

Guest truspixinho

Guest Andreasz

Hello Sebastian

tryed your rom, but now the device hangs on the boot screen (shows only "Android"), also the backup from the device could not start anymore. Any suggestion ?

My device is not from portugal, its a german one

Guest highender
Here we go...

VPT_P727AV1.0.0B09-update_signed.zip - MD5: 2a3a50c30b3f83c7137d6989cf6e77c4

again, no way of testing this, so if your device currently works, back it up before you try it

Hi, I just tried it, installed fine, no problems, then reboot and start the phone, the phone starts up but I have a problem blocking my SIM card and wants password to unlock the network operator, I have a Vodafone CZ (Czech Republic) ;) ;)

Have any idea ?

helped to give another bootloader? but where to take it?

So far, thank you very much, you're really good ...

Guest Sebastian404
Hi, I just tried it, installed fine, no problems, then reboot and start the phone, the phone starts up but I have a problem blocking my SIM card and wants password to unlock the network operator, I have a Vodafone CZ (Czech Republic) ;) ;)

Have any idea ?

helped to give another bootloader? but where to take it?

So far, thank you very much, you're really good ...

You could try the unlock code from the ZTE Blade... I suspect it might be the same, otherwise, restore your back, and then use romdump and share the resulting dump here

Guest highender
This update is of the voda Portugal version, if anyone has a device from a different country, can you do use romdump on it, and upload it somewhere?

It is precisely the problem, the original contents of my phone was so damaged that it eventually had to delete all ... any idea how to unlock it?

Guest highender
You could try the unlock code from the ZTE Blade... I suspect it might be the same, otherwise, restore your back, and then use romdump and share the resulting dump here

Code of ZTE blade?? What?

Guest Sebastian404
Hello Sebastian

tryed your rom, but now the device hangs on the boot screen (shows only "Android"), also the backup from the device could not start anymore. Any suggestion ?

My device is not from portugal, its a german one

if you zip up your backup, post it to an upload site and send me a PM with the link I will take a look at it.

Guest Sebastian404
WOOOOOOOOWWW it really works !!!!!! my phone is alive again !!!

You are a real ANDROID GOD !!!!!!

Thank you very very very very ...

;) :D :D ;)

Cool, glad it worked out for you ;)

I guess we need to wait till someone with a Vodafone CZ device can do a romdump and you can revert back to how it should really be

Guest highender
Cool, glad it worked out for you ;)

I guess we need to wait till someone with a Vodafone CZ device can do a romdump and you can revert back to how it should really be

Yes, but do not know how much I was relieved ...

Now I am actually able to try everything I want and if the worst way in the same way as now you start ...

Does everything, I tried to call, send SMS MMS, WiFi connection, take pictures, I downloaded the app from the Market, and facebook, etc. ..

just about everything goes as planned, when I came across something I will not know for sure ...

Unfortunately I do not know of anyone who would have the same device, so the people around me, because I romdump ...

Once again I thank you very much

Guest cuttysark76
Does everything

Great news, no need to wipe my phone!

It's the Portuguese Stock ROM, right?

Thx Sebastian

Edited by cuttysark76

Guest Sebastian404

Ok, it seems that clockwork backup/restore does not work correctly, Im looking at Andreasz's issues, and it seems that it backs up the wrong paritions...

WARNING: DO NOT DEPEND ON CLOCKWORK RECOVERY b1 for backup/restore!

update: looking into this a bit more, It possible the german version of the joe is different from the Portugal version...

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404

Guys I need some testing...

If you have a Portugal device and you have clockworkmod recovery installed, can you do a backup and then check to see how big the resulting files are... you should be expecting to see about files over 100meg

system.img in particular

Guest Sebastian404
Hi,

Sebastian404, could you compile the source code for ZTE joe available in ZTE web site, to create an original rom?

Is it possible?

Regards

Thats the Kernel source code... people have had mixed results with ZTE's source code, with the Blade it wont compile at all since there are errors in some of the drivers... with the V9 tablet the kernel will compile but wont run... no-one has been able to work out how/why yet.

I could build a kernel but I don't really have the device to test it on... maybe when it gets more popular and we have more users we could explore that option...

Guest Sebastian404

Catching up on some stuff... I have built the new 3.0.0.5 version of ClockworkMod Recovery for the Joe...

recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-joe.img - MD5 : 061ff093ddf4e01dc2eee58f333c9ab4

recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-joe-update_signed.zip - MD5 : 35cf07e1182fd353f71a06fccf498213

While I cant test it, I guess it SHOULD work.... any feedback would be great.

Its still using the standard joe kernel, it will not support EXT3 or EXT4, but everything else should work as expected......

Guest cuttysark76
Catching up on some stuff... I have built the new 3.0.0.5 version of ClockworkMod Recovery for the Joe...

recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-joe-update_signed.zip - MD5 : 35cf07e1182fd353f71a06fccf498213

Its still using the standard joe kernel, it will not support EXT3 or EXT4, but everything else should work as expected......

The update.zip has only 3.59MB, is it OK?

Guest highender

I'll try, but more information is needed : *. img is complet new clockwork and *. zip the update of the old?

Edited by highender

Guest cuttysark76
Guys I need some testing...

If you have a Portugal device and you have clockworkmod recovery installed, can you do a backup and then check to see how big the resulting files are... you should be expecting to see about files over 100meg

system.img in particular

It has generated a system.img file with 141Mb using the previous clochworkMod that you shared. I'll try with the new versions ASAP

Guest Sebastian404
I'll try, but more information is needed : *. img is complet new clockwork and *. zip the update of the old?

Ah sorry, the zip version if an update that you can apply using clockworkmod 2.5.1.8... it will then upgrade you to 3.0.0.5 otherwise you can use the .img file to install the same way as usual with fastboot.

Guest Sebastian404
It has generated a system.img file with 141Mb using the previous clochworkMod that you shared. I'll try with the new versions ASAP

Thanks for that... it would seem the issue was that the guy who was having problems was using a pre-production device that has a different layout to the production device.... from what you said it sounds like its working for you ;)

Let me know how you get on with 3.0.0.5 please ;)