MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

A definative list of proven Vega accessories.

43 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Sorry, duplicate post.

Edited by Dave Marchant

Posted · Report post

I bought one of these keyboard tablet leather cases. Ideal and looks good and the keyboard works. Nice price as well.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Leather-Case-USB-key...=item4aaa6328a7

That work fine does it chockimon..?. I have been thinking of getting that myself but was worried about the fit and weather the keyboard would work?.

My brother pointed me to a kitchen wall/cupboard mount for the Vega which has an exceptionally high WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor)!!

post-803223-1307872402_thumb.jpgpost-803223-1307872435_thumb.jpg

When the Vega isn't attached it is nearly invisible as you can see from the second photo. It is from an american company www.thepadtab.com and is available from eBay at http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/iPad-2-Wall-Mount-Pa...=item2a11449829 It took about a week for delivery.

The price after conversion works out about £15.50 - worth it for the acceptance and wife contentment alone... I am now able to quickly hook up my Vega whilst cooking and watch a bit of iPlayer or a video, then quickly remove it again with little trace. To cope with the restricted viewing angles of the Vega and because the PadTab is so small I was even allowed to stick it on the front of a cupboard which I can swing out to see better!

Enjoy

Edited by Yogimax

Posted · Report post

Looks good

My brother pointed me to a kitchen wall/cupboard mount for the Vega which has an exceptionally high WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor)!!

post-803223-1307872402_thumb.jpgpost-803223-1307872435_thumb.jpg

When the Vega isn't attached it is nearly invisible as you can see from the second photo. It is from an american company www.thepadtab.com and is available from eBay at http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/iPad-2-Wall-Mount-Pa...=item2a11449829 It took about a week for delivery.

The price after conversion works out about £15.50 - worth it for the acceptance and wife contentment alone... I am now able to quickly hook up my Vega whilst cooking and watch a bit of iPlayer or a video, then quickly remove it again with little trace. To cope with the restricted viewing angles of the Vega and because the PadTab is so small I was even allowed to stick it on the front of a cupboard which I can swing out to see better!

Enjoy

Looks great! Are you are your partner using it for cooking recipes?

Dunno if you'd heard of it but there's a great little app available which is a digital cookbook, Digital Recipe Sidekick (don't let the dodgy icon put you off!) LINK

There are some great features, like being able to import recipes from the web so you won't have to type them in!

It also seems to be able to read the recipe/instructions out to you (and you can control it by voice) but I haven't fathomed that out properly yet (or it doesn't work on vegacomb)

Edited by G0OSE

Posted · Report post

I`m using this case for my Vega:Nowsupplier

Cost was £6.22 and it fits the vega well , can also be used as a stand with adjustable angle. It does cover the camera and USB/HDMI ports though which I don`t find a problem as I rarely use these. The charging port isn`t covered so the vega can be left in the case for charging. Takes a few weeks to arrive from Hong Kong but brilliant for the cost. I believe the same case can be purchased on EBay from a UK supplier but the cost is higher.

Ordered one of these from nowsupplier howevre 40 days later order status hasnt changed from pending and I have opened a paypal dispute as emails to seller have been unanswered

Posted · Report post

Looks great! Are you are your partner using it for cooking recipes?

Dunno if you'd heard of it but there's a great little app available which is a digital cookbook, Digital Recipe Sidekick (don't let the dodgy icon put you off!) LINK

There are some great features, like being able to import recipes from the web so you won't have to type them in!

It also seems to be able to read the recipe/instructions out to you (and you can control it by voice) but I haven't fathomed that out properly yet (or it doesn't work on vegacomb)

I use "My Cookbook" for recipes at https://market.android.com/details?id=fr.co...e=search_result

It does the same sort of stuff, including importing from nearly any website with pictures.

Posted · Report post

Anyone found any good screen protectors, the only ones Ive seen look really thick... Im after a thin film, such as invisishield? A silicon case would also be useful for round the house use...

Posted · Report post

Ok, will repeat my post from the accessory thread here:

I really can't believe so few people have discovered how great the Toshiba Folio 100 Cover Sleeve is for the Vega...

You can find a couple of pics of it on the Accessories tab on the Toshiba website...

;)

However, (hold on, sit tight, here it comes) one picture is missing on that site!

You can fold the case so that your vega sits in a 30 degree angle (approx.), perfect for typing!

:D

I made a picture of the user instructions on the packaging:

post-205359-1296478459_thumb.jpg

Part 2 shows what I'm talking about...

Another great pro of this case is the velcro it uses to lock the device inside...

I tried and concluded: I won't fall out!

;)

The only con is: the ports on the right side of the device are blocked...

But as it's blocked by the 'velcro locker' it's quite easy to open it up to plug anything in...

Costs: € 40,- (Holland)

Can you take a few pix of your advent in this case, thinking of getting it but not too sure. thanks

Posted · Report post

I got the official vega case from pcworld. Saw it on offer in store for £12.

can't fault it that much. Currently holds it nicely and even has my daughters kindle in the pouch sometimes too.

only wish it stood up better

I have bought a few things for my Vega:

First the 2 that were a waste of cash:

Official Screen Protector from PC World http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/screen-protector-pack-for-advent-vega-08638394-pdt.html

Gave the screen have a horrible matte finish, and didn't include the black cloth that it said it did. Was off and in the bin within an hour of it being fitted. A waste of £2.99

ROM Manager Premium (from the Android Market)

Bought to simplify changing Rom (but there are no roms that are downloadable from within the app. A waste of £3.99

One thing that has worked:

Cleaning fluid and cloth from Poundland (£1)

Great for cleaning your screen and getting a streak free finish

In transit

Plate stand that was mentioned earlier in the thread

10" Tablet Keyboard Case http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320840727651#ht_4690wt_918

£9.93

Edited by RussWWFC

Hi' I know this is an older thread but just wondered if anyone knew of any proven "working" chargers/power supply units for the vega....I have recently received a 2nd vega from currys/pc world ebay outlet but it has come with a faulty power supply. They have offered a refund but not a replacement as they have no more vegas in stock

Went out today and picked up one of the universal 12v chargers with different attatchments which fitted & vega charge light flashes but fails to charge the vega also screen is non responsive when this is plugged in.

Cheers Folks

Edited by con500

Posted · Report post

samsung netbook charger can be used on vega. (12v, 1A)

Posted · Report post

thanx m8. Will have a look at the samsung

cheers

Posted · Report post

My power adapter developed a dodgy wire fault after someone repeatedly wrapped the cable round the plug - soooo annoying so I bought this one for £8.95 delivered and it works perfectly http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220794905650?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_1361

I had an official Advent case but left it behind when I was on holiday so I ordered this one for £7.95 delivered which is not official but is exactly the same as my old one and could not be a better fit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Advent-Vega-PU-Leather-Case-Stand-Function-Black-/251064861097?pt=UK_iPad_Tablet_Accessories&hash=item3a74a1c1a9