• VolUp + Power
    • VolDown + Power
    • home + Power

Phone Details:

[*]GT i9000 (UK)

[*]1 click root

[*]1 click lag fix

[*]Android 2.1 (Official Uk Rom)

[*]No way into recovery (atm that i know of)

NOTICE:

BEFORE YOU READ ON

My friend got a repair via Samsung warranty BUT

memojhan posted a possible fix, and it looks good (didnt get to try it)

because he attempted the update himself (not experienced with android) that is the information he has given me,

I've tried days of research into fixing this via google + forums, and all require access to recovery/bootloader/downloadmode etc

and the problem is not pressing the key combination wrong =]

if anyone has any idea on a fix or a potential fix for this please let me know,

and others with the same problem as my friend feel free to post aswell!

Cheers!

Edited by LambOfGod

Guest richardj
A friend of mine:
  • Connected phone to Samsung Kies
  • Keis Detected Update
  • Flashed Update(successful)
  • First Boot: Galaxy S boot Loop, then Black Screen Loop

Boot Loop with key combinations -
    • VolUp + Menu + Power
    • VolDown+ Menu + Power
    • VolUp + Power
    • VolDown + Power
    • Menu + Power

Phone Details:

[*]GT i9000 (UK)

[*]1 click root

[*]1 click lag fix

[*]Android 2.1 (Official Uk Rom)

[*]No way into recovery (atm that i know of)

because he attempted the update himself (not experienced with android) that is the information he has given me,

I've tried days of research into fixing this via google + forums, and all require access to recovery/bootloader/downloadmode etc

and the problem is not pressing the key combination wrong =]

if anyone has any idea on a fix or a potential fix for this please let me know,

and others with the same problem as my friend feel free to post aswell!

Cheers!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LambOfGod: LambOfGod's Zip Signer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recovery mode is like this:

Volume up + Home key + Power key

Press and hold the above keys in the same order as above until you see the screen with Samsung Galaxy S I9000, then release JUST the power key, keep the other 2 keys pressed, you will see a screen load with a lot of coloured text. Keep the volume up and home keys pressed until this screen has finished loading, you should now be in recovery mode.

Download mode is like this:

Volume down + home key + Power. Keep all keys pressed until you see a screen with a yellow triangle and DOWNLOAD in yellow.

Guest LambOfGod

lol i said the problem isnt with incorrect combination pressing of keys, i tried for 2 hours different length of keypresses, neither mode starts up, definately not doing it wrong,

i press vol up + menu + power

GT i9000 screen (w/ vol up + menu still pressed)

T mobile screen (w/ vol up + menu still pressed)

Samsung galaxy S screen (w/ vol up + menu still pressed)

applied this method with all key combos 2 days ago

Guest richardj
lol i said the problem isnt with incorrect combination pressing of keys, i tried for 2 hours different length of keypresses, neither mode starts up, definately not doing it wrong,

i press vol up + menu + power

GT i9000 screen (w/ vol up + menu still pressed)

T mobile screen (w/ vol up + menu still pressed)

Samsung galaxy S screen (w/ vol up + menu still pressed)

applied this method with all key combos 2 days ago

If your pressing the menu key, bottom left that's the wrong key, the home key is the middle one of the 3 at the bottom. I'm assuming you have a Galaxy S if not the keys to press will be different.

Edited by richardj

Guest LambOfGod

Ooo sorry my error in the post.. i use a t mobile pulse n use that we use the menu key xD.. i know aoftbuttons wont be responsive.. i meant i tried all the possible key combo with the hardware buttons on my friends fone.. luckily ive jazzed up his g1 with cm5 so he has a temporary replacement. I have my suspicions that he should have rolled back to the original factory state of the phone or rid of the lag fix cz of the change in partition sizes may have messed up the uk official update via kies. I remember two of my friends had a galaxythey were baught a month a part from tmob

One of them wss able to lag dix easy the other had to lag fix a diff way n cudnt access recovery since then... anyone else have a recent i9000 gt uk tmob

Ps soz for spellin mistakes usin my pulse wiv a cracked screen till i get my temp pulse mini then desire ;)

Edited by LambOfGod

Guest richardj
Ooo sorry my error in the post.. i use a t mobile pulse n use that we use the menu key xD.. i know aoftbuttons wont be responsive.. i meant i tried all the possible key combo with the hardware buttons on my friends fone.. luckily ive jazzed up his g1 with cm5 so he has a temporary replacement. I have my suspicions that he should have rolled back to the original factory state of the phone or rid of the lag fix cz of the change in partition sizes may have messed up the uk official update via kies. I remember two of my friends had a galaxythey were baught a month a part from tmob

One of them wss able to lag dix easy the other had to lag fix a diff way n cudnt access recovery since then... anyone else have a recent i9000 gt uk tmob

Ps soz for spellin mistakes usin my pulse wiv a cracked screen till i get my temp pulse mini then desire ;)

If he had a lagfix installed, that should have been removed before any firmware update. Also, If he is using a different launcher to the stock one that will cause problems when the phone is connected to kies.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LambOfGod

Cheers memojhan for your reply and help, but my friend has now fixed it via warranty, even tho he rooted it so that was void xD! ill post up ur link jus incase anyone else needs it!