upgrade now?`

Guest StickyGeko

Guest StickyGeko

hi folks,

im out of contract with orange and cant stay on the plan im on, i spent £78 a mth lastyear fo 900 min plan that cost £40 a mth, so i cant sustain that, theres plenty of decent deals with lots of mins 3 for the one plan, tesco unlimited, but i can get a half decent deal if i change plan and renew orange, my dilema is that im lookin at the DHD... but with mwc around the corner, is it worth waiting? how long after mws and ces do these new phones hit, or shud i just bite the bullet n grade the DHD.... help

Guest LoneThread

I highly recommend The One Plan on Three, not only do you get 2000 any network minutes, 5000 texts. You also get Truly Unlimited Internet (No Other Network offers this!) and free Spotify Premium. I'm very happy with Three, you can see the speeds I get in my signature and I am a heavy internet user relying on Three alone for my access. They haven't said a word about me using over 150Gigabytes last month. And they clearly say Tethering (WiFi Hotspot, USB Internet Sharing) is allowed on The One Plan.

I'd highly recommend the Desire HD, I'm very happy with it. Its fast, has a great screen and I haven't had any issues at all.

can someone delete this post, computer double posted, sorry

I reported the other post to Moderator so that one will be deleted soon.

Guest StickyGeko

I'd highly recommend the Desire HD, I'm very happy with it. Its fast, has a great screen and I haven't had any issues at all.

I reported the other post to Moderator so that one will be deleted soon.

Guest LoneThread
cheers for that, just worried about 3's coverage, says its good in my area, but then so does orange and yet my orange signal is very poor, how do you find customer service with 3?

For me the Three Signal Checker is accurate. But theres no way of knowing until you've tested inside your home (Due to a number of factors, mainly what type of walls you have). If you are worried about this, order a free pay and go sim card from their site and pop it into a unlocked handset to see what the signal strength is like. As for customer services, they are outsourced although I haven't had any problems with them but like all outsourced call centers some people do.

I find it much better to contact the Social Media Team at the head-office in Maidenhead via Twitter, E-mail or the Three Blog. These guys get issues solved very fast and always know of the latest network issues.

Edited by LoneThread

Guest LoneThread
5.19 meg is that your 3 download speed? via your DHD?

Yes, although during peak hours speeds drop a little bit. However speeds vary widely around the country.

had been waiting to upgrade for aaaaaages but finally bit the bullet and got the DHD on 3 yesterday!!

Awesome phone... just need to stop myself checking for launches of new handsets now ;)

S

I've been with 3 for a good few years now (loved the free skype minutes and free MSN) and never had any problems on the network...

As for the handset. No problems so far but haven't really been out and about with it that much yet... But from what I've seen so far I don't think there would be a problem.

I think the biggest thing is the way this handset has changed my usage habits. I'm using it much more like a small notebook than just a smartphone, even more so than my blackberry. Obviously still using it heavily for messaging but also now for browsing and media etc...

Day 3 and I have used over 600MB already... granted that was on wifi as I'm still waiting for 1 plan to kick in on my billing cycle but it is still a lot of data for a phone.

Absolutely loving it...

It is the best handset on 3 at the moment. If you can wait for the SE Arc then might be worth it. Personally don't like the physical key and Sony phones have never really done it for me.

All the best

S

saif how are you finding the signal