Battery Uptime

Guest XStyhler

Guest XStyhler

Hello,

I'm quite new to the wonderful ZTE Blade.

I'm currently wondering how long you can last before you have to charge your Phones.

Mine keeps about a Day...but it's new, I was donig a lot with it and Updating drains my Battery.

Thanks for Info

Guest Giuliano69

I use the phone having 5/6 call a day, each about for 3/5 minutes.

I move during the day through different offices, changing wifi netwk, and receiving email from two accounts.

I found my phone battery to last 1,5 days.

Is it a "normal" battery lasting time ?

What about your times ?

Which is your daily use ?

Which is your ROM

It would be VERY usefull to have a sort of statistic to better choose the ROM also from its battery performance....

P.S.

...I use JJR9, standard theme, with no overclock or hw accl.

Edited by Giuliano69

Guest hedgepigdaniel
Hello,

I'm currently wondering how long you can last before you have to charge your Phones.

Mine keeps about a Day...but it's new, I was donig a lot with it and Updating drains my Battery.

Thanks for Info

try the post entitled "battery recalibration protip"

beyond that, turn off unecessary wifi/gps/bluetooth/background apps

Guest galorin

With JJR9, overclock,hw accel, auto brightness and judicious use of wifi with GPS, I get about 16 hours. Can push it to two days if I underclock, brightness off and only turn on wifi when I want to use it.

The best thing really is to track your own individual usage. GPS and bluetooth I think are the bigest battery suckers. I haven't tried turning absolutely everything on yet, plus my phone can run max of 710 MHz before it becomes unstable, minimum of 480, but I am steadily decreasing that so when it is in standby, the CPU is sucking even less juice.

I rarely make/recieve calls, occasionally use mobile data, mostly web browsing and tinkering.

Using, JJR9, hwui on and overclocked, settings 122MHz to 710; on demand. Playing games, 2D games. Gets less than 4 hours life.Surfing around 6 hours, listening music, 11 hours. While doing NOTHING it can hold up to 43 hours counted.

I must say every froyo rom for the ZTE blade seem to drain battery life like a ticking bomb. I feel really sad about it. I mean why why why, it should last longer !

you have verified this on every froyo rom ??

I call you on that claim that they ALL 'seem to drain battery life like a ticking bomb'

do you mean it is actually draining or it only seems that way..

... since the turn to mute feature was discovered - battery life is consistently brilliant on flb 6. as it was on the earlier versions. I usually get 3 days of a few hrs of playing games. auto brightness and turn wifi off manually..

Its so much better than 2.1

Guest The Soup Thief
you have verified this on every froyo rom ??

I call you on that claim that they ALL 'seem to drain battery life like a ticking bomb'

do you mean it is actually draining or it only seems that way..

... since the turn to mute feature was discovered - battery life is consistently brilliant on flb 6. as it was on the earlier versions. I usually get 3 days of a few hrs of playing games. auto brightness and turn wifi off manually..

Its so much better than 2.1

Heads up Kuji!

Flibblesan just uploaded FLB froyo r7!

TBH, I tend to plug my phone in every night while I sleep, whether I'm down to 65% (often) or 10% (eg watching a couple of hours of videos on the phone). Currently on Paul's r11 but will install FLB r7 when I've a bit of time to bed it in. And since getting rid of eclair I've never looked back battery-wise - I was lucky to get a day out of the stock ROM - all the froyos have given me at least a day's decent usage

Hello,

Thanks for Info

How many more posts on this?

Please search you'll find more than you need. http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=Se...lite=%2Bbattery MANY pages on battery life

Also I posted here http://android.modaco.com/content-page/324...hen/page/3360/#

The battery life is fine - normal phone use, a few phone calls each day, several texts, a bit of browsing and a couple of minutes of angry birds each day

after 3d 14h 49m there was 36% left in the battery yes that's 86 hours and 49 minutes

Which you would have found as well as the MANY other posts regarding battery if you had searched.

The way to get the best battery life is flash one of the new 2.2 roms on the phone with none of the Orange stuff on it.

If you flash it when the battery is totally full there is no need to do a battery recalibration

Also remember it's a smart phone - they use more battery than normal phones, especially if you play games or go online a lot.

How many more posts on this?

Please search you'll find more than you need. http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=Se...lite=%2Bbattery MANY pages on battery life

Also I posted here http://android.modaco.com/content-page/324...hen/page/3360/#

Which you would have found as well as the MANY other posts regarding battery if you had searched.

The way to get the best battery life is flash one of the new 2.2 roms on the phone with none of the Orange stuff on it.

If you flash it when the battery is totally full there is no need to do a battery recalibration

Also remember it's a smart phone - they use more battery than normal phones, especially if you play games or go online a lot.

I just got my phone last week, and still with the orange 2.1 rom. I am very impressed with the battery life (With 3G on and occasional wifi a single charge stretches to 3 days!) I had a streak before and it was impossible to last more than 1 day on that with the same usage pattern.

One thing I observed is that froyo roms consume more juice. Am I right to say that the best battery life on blade can be achieved with the stock 2.1 build?

On JJ9 I can get 8 days (yes, 8 days!) if I turn wi-fi, GPS, bluetooth and 3G off and no widgets, live wallpapers, etc. Loses about 12% a day.

That's with very little use, just testing how long it will go.

Guest Sergioflav84
On JJ9 I can get 8 days (yes, 8 days!) if I turn wi-fi, GPS, bluetooth and 3G off and no widgets, live wallpapers, etc. Loses about 12% a day.

That's with very little use, just testing how long it will go.

How can you get 8 days??? Maybe you never use internet browser or any other application....it's impossible!!

I noticed if i charge the phone while is off, the battery lasts a little more.....but i can get max 2 days!!

Instead, if i charge the phone when is on, the battery drain is faster.

How can you get 8 days??? Maybe you never use internet browser or any other application....it's impossible!!

Yes, that's not using the internet (either wi-fi or 3G) or any other apps, just a few short 2G calls. I only did this as an experiment to see how long I could make the battery last if I'm away from a power source for a long time.