Basic CM61-Pulse0.40 ROM installation with modifications

Guest twrock

Guest Fotogravin
I miss it too.Can anyone help us poor?

I installed Dialer2. Works fine for looking up people (you'll have to change some settings to have the option to search by phone number, but it works). Still have the standard dialer because I like its layout more.

Here's the IDEOS firmware I mentioned last time

I extracted everything out of it and de-odexed all the apps

but...thanks to the Big MAC, I'm still using froyo

http://www.mediafire.com/file/r3eiqn391vv1...OS2.2_TW.tar.gz

It's QVGA so most of the apps contain ldpi image set only

there shouldn't be a display problem except some icons would be a little bit blurry

..might consume less ram I guess

ro.build.description=U8150-user 2.2 FRF91 eng.huawei.20100903.194753 release-keys

ro.build.display.id=U8150V100R001C197B821SP03

Android_FET.apk>>>>>what's this?

HWCalla_TaiWan.apk>>don't know if there's any difference...new ver. maybe?

FET? FarEast Telecom?

Thanks for the link. That HWCalla has the same name as the one in the Chinese rom Flibblesan deodexed and uploaded. But I'll compare to see if they are the same. I don't know if it's worth updating, at least not until I see the differences (if any). Did you find anything else interesting in there? Is it basically plain vanilla Android?

Oh, and I don't understand this: "thanks to the Big MAC, I'm still using froyo." Isn't Froyo the rom with the MAC issue?

Hmmm Froyo is slowing down...anyone else?

(glancing at your signature with a wry smile on my face.....)

When was the last time you rebooted?

And have you done any specific tweaks to the settings.

A periodic reboot never hurt.

Edited by twrock

Here's the IDEOS firmware I mentioned last time

HWCalla_TaiWan.apk>>don't know if there's any difference...new ver. maybe?

HWCalla_TaiWan.apk from the 8600 rom did not work. FC'ed. I won't bother trying this one. Fortunately the one we've got meets all my needs.

Guest himalaya

I just followed the instructions step by step. But after the last "reboot system now", the phone got rebooted again and again. It just showed "T-mobile" logo for a second, and then black screen, and kept rebooting.

The CM rom works on this phone well. I just want to try this OC kernel out, but it seems not work.

What's the problems? Any help?

Guest Boony123

hey i think i've flashed my phone to much because now my power button turns the screen black but doesn't lock it, any key will light the phone up again no swipe needed to unlock, any ideas on a fix? i've searched but nothing apart from some key mapping? but if reflashing dont work will that?

edit: tried to change the keys still never worked :S is it the launcher thats messing up or?

Edited by Boony123

I just followed the instructions step by step. But after the last "reboot system now", the phone got rebooted again and again. It just showed "T-mobile" logo for a second, and then black screen, and kept rebooting.

The CM rom works on this phone well. I just want to try this OC kernel out, but it seems not work.

What's the problems? Any help?

First, I should have a slightly updated version available shortly, so you might want to hold off doing a full install right now. [Nope, I lied. Use the current one.]

But, having said that, this rom has been installed by so many people now that I've got to believe installation errors are users making mistakes. In your case, it's very hard from your description to figure out what you've done wrong. But since you've used CM successfully before, might I suggest that one thing a number of people haven't understood was the necessity to format /system. Did you wipe and did you format /system? If so, I can only suggest you start over and try again.

Edited by twrock

hey i think i've flashed my phone to much because now my power button turns the screen black but doesn't lock it, any key will light the phone up again no swipe needed to unlock, any ideas on a fix? i've searched but nothing apart from some key mapping? but if reflashing dont work will that?

edit: tried to change the keys still never worked :S is it the launcher thats messing up or?

I doubt this is from "flashing too much". But, keymapping definitely could be the issue. But this rom's keymap is set to ignore that key when the screen is off. However, there is a possible exception. If you raise the time in seconds that you can turn back on the screen after turning it off without locking, then it will appear that that key isn't locking the phone. It has to do with the delay time you set.

I'm reflashing a new rom for testing at the moment and I don't have any way to tell you where that setting is, but I think it is in CM settings somewhere. Something about delay.

Ok, maybe everyone else in the world modding CM roms knew this but me, but I finally figured something out that helps me explain a whole lot of what's been going on with my roms.

Setting compcache to 0 in build.prop results in swappiness being set to 60 on the first boot.

Setting compcache to 18 in build.prop results in swappiness being set to 30 on the first boot.

I'm guessing that is a function of CM, but I really don't know what's doing that. Anyway, this was news to me, and very helpful in solving some nagging problems for me.

So when my roms have compcache set to 0, they literally crawl along on the first boot until such time as I can get to terminal and set it to 30 (or less). This makes a HUGE difference on the speed of a rom the first time it is booted.

But, here's a question for the other people modding roms.

What do I need to do to install Touchpal in /data and have it work? It's more than just putting Touchpal.apk in /data and libtouchpal.so in /system/lib. When Touchpal.apk was in /system, everything was just fine.

My latest version of my Chinese mod is complete except for this, and I'd really like to get it finished.

Never mind, I got it to work. It wasn't that difficult in the end.

Edited by twrock

Guest Boony123

had to install v5 of the other rom and the screen locks etc so will try to see if i can copy some files across :P

and on your problem.

erm had a quick look at some flb roms and see the update-script and see something like this

if droping it in there dont work then try this e.g.

update-script:

copy_dir PACKAGE:data DATA:

run_program PACKAGE:installbusybox
and in installbusybox (change to script name)
#!/system/bin/sh

cd /system/xbin

/system/bin/chmod 755 busybox

./busybox --install -s /system/xbin << like this line maybe but "install -r touchpal.apk" ?

just a quick guess that would work to install touchpal not to sure tho not messed with update scripts

Edited by Boony123

Guest Markus Arnold

hey,

looks like u guys r doin great work here.

Do you think the update will work directly from FLB Mod 1.6?

The last time i tried to install the official 2.1 Updates i had problems with failed updates (and finally only TRE worked), so i try to stay away from them. :P

cheers!

Guest AntonioPT
hey,

looks like u guys r doin great work here.

Do you think the update will work directly from FLB Mod 1.6?

The last time i tried to install the official 2.1 Updates i had problems with failed updates (and finally only TRE worked), so i try to stay away from them. :P

cheers!

Yes, you can install this ROM over FLB 1.6 (but don't forget to wipe!)

Guest jayasimha

I have done everything correctly, and my mobile passed all the requirements. But now after flashing this , im not getting any incoming calls,(they are automatically disconnecting, i noticed them in call log).. it seems all incoming mobile numbers are blacklisted, lol.. how can i fix this?

Yes, you can install this ROM over FLB 1.6 (but don't forget to wipe!)

AND, DON'T FORGET TO FORMAT /SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!

(Yes, I did mean to yell that. I'm getting tired of people not reading the instructions.) :D

And on another note, about 20% of the people who download the rom are not downloading the gapps. That's fine, IF you know what you are doing. But if you don't, or if you encounter problem with the install and with running this rom, please remember that you probably brought the problems on yourself.

Very good work! Excellent tutorial! Thanks! :D

Just one note: to execute the suggested a2sd command you have to be super user. It could be useful for unexperienced users to add this tiny info to your suggested settings.

Guest Fusion0306

I just noticed the Youtube high quality bug. The youtube clips play, but not in hq. Anyone else had this bug? I tried installing youtube from the market and from 0.3 gapps and the problem persist...

As far as I know, it has to do something with hardware acceleration? If that's right, how come it worked on 2.1? Sorry if this has been mentioned

Edited by Fusion0306

I just noticed the Youtube high quality bug. The youtube clips play, but not in hq. Anyone else had this bug? I tried installing youtube from the market and from 0.3 gapps and the problem persist...

As far as I know, it has to do something with hardware acceleration? If that's right, how come it worked on 2.1? Sorry if this has been mentioned

I'm not really up on this issue and I don't use Youtube. But if you are willing to test it out, please push libsurfaceflinger_client.so to /system/lib and reboot to test it. It's a change I've put into my TWeak0.3c version of this rom, but I still don't make use of that function myself. And maybe this has nothing to do with it. :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/092f1dgu5gt5epu/M...0rom/system/lib

When i install .apk from OI File Manager starting reboot. U8230.

If I recall correctly, Filemanager is installed into /data. So you should be able to uninstall it and reinstall it (or another filemanager).

Sorry, I don't use this rom, so I can't confirm this is a problem with the rom. (Anyone else?)

I also don't use OI Filemanager. I prefer AndExplorer for a free app and Root Explorer for a paid app.

Very good work! Excellent tutorial! Thanks! :D

Just one note: to execute the suggested a2sd command you have to be super user. It could be useful for unexperienced users to add this tiny info to your suggested settings.

Ok, that makes sense.

Guest AntonioPT
AND, DON'T FORGET TO FORMAT /SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!

(Yes, I did mean to yell that. I'm getting tired of people not reading the instructions.) :D

And on another note, about 20% of the people who download the rom are not downloading the gapps. That's fine, IF you know what you are doing. But if you don't, or if you encounter problem with the install and with running this rom, please remember that you probably brought the problems on yourself.

Sorry, I forgot that :D

By the way, you can make the update-script format system on its own...

Guest Fusion0306
I'm not really up on this issue and I don't use Youtube. But if you are willing to test it out, please push libsurfaceflinger_client.so to /system/lib and reboot to test it. It's a change I've put into my TWeak0.3c version of this rom, but I still don't make use of that function myself. And maybe this has nothing to do with it. :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/092f1dgu5gt5epu/M...0rom/system/lib

I'm affraid that it made no difference... :D