[GONE] Tutorials and known problems

Guest ErnstJanF

Guest ydnarp

here's an update erik..

i was able to load android after copying the file you shared..android screen shows up but i got another error message:

android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. - Force close

and i had to reset the phone to winmo bec. it keeps on appearing..any solution to this prob? (btw, i have backread the 12 pages of this thread and it seems i was the only one having the said prob..) any help/suggestion will be highly appreciated...cheers :)

keep it up guys...

Guest erikcas
here's an update erik..

i was able to load android after copying the file you shared..android screen shows up but i got another error message:

android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. - Force close

and i had to reset the phone to winmo bec. it keeps on appearing..any solution to this prob? (btw, i have backread the 12 pages of this thread and it seems i was the only one having the said prob..) any help/suggestion will be highly appreciated...cheers :)

keep it up guys...

Hi Ydnarp,

sorry for late answer.

Did you try any other updates? If yes, please try to clean install.

Install froyo from download.

If you use the SD installer from download: After install, boot with downloaded 2d3d o2b3update.tar.gz

If you untar manually to storage or SD: at first boot, boot with downloaded 2d3d o2b3update.tar.gz

Wait till it is completely booted. Then reboot (you might have to pull battery to reboot)

Then boot with zImage and o2b3update.tar.gz from Kernel-B7610-froyo-REV51.zip

Now it should work. If not , please let me know

Do not try other updates for B7610 then the one I mentioned here (B7610-froyo-REV51)

Other revs won't work.

Grtz Erik

Guest ydnarp

update, update...

my re-installation was a success...thanks for helping peeps..froyo is running on my b7610....

i guess, i'll just have to play around android for now..if i have question(s) or experienced an error, i'll just post here..i'm sure you'll be able to help me fix it..keep it up, guys... :mellow:

update:

how can i install app/game if i don't have internet connection with my phone? (since wlan is not yet working)

i've seen files on the net with .apk file, is this the same as .cab with winmo? (btw, i'm currently downloading a file and i'll test it later...)

Edited by ydnarp

Guest tjeerdos
update, update...

my re-installation was a success...thanks for helping peeps..froyo is running on my b7610....

i guess, i'll just have to play around android for now..if i have question(s) or experienced an error, i'll just post here..i'm sure you'll be able to help me fix it..keep it up, guys... :mellow:

update:

how can i install app/game if i don't have internet connection with my phone? (since wlan is not yet working)

i've seen files on the net with .apk file, is this the same as .cab with winmo? (btw, i'm currently downloading a file and i'll test it later...)

yes it's the same as cap in winmo

tjeerdos

Guest ydnarp
yes it's the same as cap in winmo

tjeerdos

thanks tjeerdos..i have downloaded some .apk yesterday..i'll try them today...thanks everyone..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aaronage

Hi, it took me three install attempts but eventually I got a good clean install of Android Froyo on my B7610. (after the other installs i always had the problem that Android would always start as if it was the first time, and programs you'd installed before the last reset would not work after a new boot- but I formatted My Storage and my SD card, the restult being a perfectly working clean install) I've been using this clean install for three days now, utilising "Call Light" "Advanced Task Killer", "Juice Saver" and 2G to get the most out of my Battery. all has been fine apart from one day, where whenever i would install a new App from the Marketplace, it would give me an error telling me Maps process must be closed! i would get this message nomatter what i downloaded from market, it would always show. and running "Maps" would produce the same message. strange thing is, this problem was resolved by rebooting. it's never happened since. All has been well until today. Suddenly today the clock at the top of the screen just stops working after booting. the only way of seeing the real time is to view it on the lock screen. now this would be tolorable if that was all. but it isn't! this problem also seems to prevent Facebook from refreshing.

I assumes my "Advanced Task Killer" was "Killing" an important process preventing the Clock from working properly, but after having removed the program the problem still remains. the only thing i can pin it to is "Whatsapp". A friend of mine reccomended this app to me today and since i installed it i'd been getting SODs. I assumed the program was using too much Ram so i install a task killer to help keep control over ram usage and after that i noticed the problem with the time. on my last three boots i've also been getting random errors like "System is not responding" before the phone had even finished booting into droid. and one time, after having booted into droid i got messages saying "Acore" was forced to close or something.

Hmmm.... and just as i was getting excited about having an Android-ish Phone!

If any could give me any tips as to how to keep android running properly i'd be glad to hear them! Otherwise I really just wanted to share my experiences and workarounds. Anyone else having the "Time" issues?

Ah! and can anyone tell me how to assign or "Mount" an "SD" card so I can use the Camera, because everytime i try, it says "SD not present" then i have to click close.

OK i guess you can all forget the last question, I'm now constantly getting "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly" which comes back immediately when i click close, thus rendering Android useless. anyway have a solution which DOESN'T involve me re-installing from scratch? I don't see the point in doing a re-install when just this problem just appears after a few day and won't go away! Damn! I'm really disappointed now.

Edited by aaronage

Guest centodue

about SD mount look this (post#65) solution and try it

about time I used I installed "Widgetsoid" by Market. You can add widget with time that is always correct and update (and create other widget personalized to have fast commands selection)

This solution no solve top time problem but I have always updated time in my desktop widget

bye

giorgio

Guest ydnarp

@centodue, how about the phone call interruption in less than a minute..? i stopped using android for a while bec. of the reason that phone calls are disconnected in less than a minute conversation...any solution on this?

Guest centodue
@centodue, how about the phone call interruption in less than a minute..? i stopped using android for a while bec. of the reason that phone calls are disconnected in less than a minute conversation...any solution on this?

this is a bug known since the first android release for B7610 (Enclair) and not solved at the moment

You can install "Call light" tool from Market and in settings you select start. No more top calling after 30 seconds!

Then you can activate Pattern block for keys in Android settings so you will not have abnormal start for key pressure not decided by you.

Remember to install "Advanced task killer" (from market) and in settings choose "aggressive" and in "frequency" --> "phone wake up"

Remove selection from tool/program you want to be NOT killed in sleep mode

Set a 2G/3G widget in market to suspend navigation if you don't need it and to reduce consumption.

these are some of the things to have stable Android and useful for every day, in every case if read some post you can find all the solution for your problem ;-)

good day to you

Giorgio

Guest aaronage

The "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly" is the Reason I'm not using Android at all at the moment. I finally had a perfect install experience and a fully functional Android running on my phone.... then for some unknown reason the phone crashed while i was using Whatsapp, and when i rebooted it had the Error which won't go away. it now won't connect to 3G either. I know this has happened to at least one other person. if its just a really RARE coinsidence that it happened to me too then maybe i'll try again.... Is it a common problem??

Guest Kleb
The "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly" is the Reason I'm not using Android at all at the moment. I finally had a perfect install experience and a fully functional Android running on my phone.... then for some unknown reason the phone crashed while i was using Whatsapp, and when i rebooted it had the Error which won't go away. it now won't connect to 3G either. I know this has happened to at least one other person. if its just a really RARE coinsidence that it happened to me too then maybe i'll try again.... Is it a common problem??

I had the same, did reinstall... Now wait for how long this time.

Guest centodue
The "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly" is the Reason I'm not using Android at all at the moment.....

yes, I confirm Kleb's answer...I did reinstall :unsure:

Probabily some important file was not installed correctly and so you will have always the same indication.

Edited by centodue

Guest aaronage
yes, I confirm Kleb's answer...I did reinstall :unsure:

Probabily some important file was not installed correctly and so you will have always the same indication.

I read somewhere in one of the MANY threads that this error normally points to a file system error. If you're unlucky enough that your phone crashes while writing to an important file, it will likely corrupt the file, leading to these kinds of errors. A friend of mine advised me to install Ubuntu on a CD or flash drive, and then, once i have a stable OS running on my phone, to back-up the Linux partition on my SD card. this should be done once after a clean install, and once again after you finished installing all apps you wish to have running on your phone. this way, when the phone does crash (and since its a Beta it definately will) if there are problems with the reboot, just use the backup to restore the corrupted data.

I haven't tried this yet, as i have no idea how to do all of this in Ubuntu. My friend does intend to show me though, and if its not insanely complicated, I'll write a short "How to".

Unless of course, somebody already knows how to do this would like to share?

Guest tjeerdos

thanks everybody for all the great work you all did.

you made me love android very much so that's why i did order the galaxy s 2.

i hope to have him in about 2 weeks can't wait..

post-610561-1305829865_thumb.jpg

Guest tjeerdos
thanks everybody for all the great work you all did.

you made me love android very much so that's why i did order the galaxy s 2.

i hope to have him in about 2 weeks can't wait..

post-610561-1305829865_thumb.jpg

YES they just called i will have him tomorrow :P

Guest aaronage
I read somewhere in one of the MANY threads that this error normally points to a file system error. If you're unlucky enough that your phone crashes while writing to an important file, it will likely corrupt the file, leading to these kinds of errors. A friend of mine advised me to install Ubuntu on a CD or flash drive, and then, once i have a stable OS running on my phone, to back-up the Linux partition on my SD card. this should be done once after a clean install, and once again after you finished installing all apps you wish to have running on your phone. this way, when the phone does crash (and since its a Beta it definately will) if there are problems with the reboot, just use the backup to restore the corrupted data.

I haven't tried this yet, as i have no idea how to do all of this in Ubuntu. My friend does intend to show me though, and if its not insanely complicated, I'll write a short "How to".

Ok! so myself and a friend of mine discovered that when you used Ubuntu to repair the EXT4 partition (where android is installed), the "Acore.process problem is solved!

Here is my reccommendation. I've been told by this "computer expert" friend of mine, that filesystem problems WILL be more likely with a SD installation due to the way SD card organise their data. it apparently often causes confilcts with linux filesystems. So i used this tutorial

(Mute the video, the "music" is terrible) to help me install the Froyo onto my storage using Ubuntu.

Then when i finished installing Froyo and all the updates, i booted android, set up my email accounts and generally personalised my android OS to my satisfaction. when that was done I booted back into winmo, connected mystorage to my ubuntu virtual machine and used THIS guide to make a backup of my fresh fully functional installation of Android. http://knowledge.countorlock.dyndns.org/ho...n-on-ubuntu.txt

The important thing is to find out your mount point, and to get the CORRECT partition number for the EXT4 partition (mine was sdb2 on my friend computer and changed to sdf2 on MY computer when i later did a backup at home).

I used Gparted (which you need to install anyway for the android mystorage installation with Ubuntu) to get the names of the mount point. the EXT4 partition (where ur android is installed) need to be "Unmounted" before you can make a backup image of your installation. the guide i linked above should help with the rest.

Like i said, a simple disk repair (also explained in the guide) should be enough to remove most problem that occur with Android, but A made a backup image anyway, just in case. It would make sense to make a new backup once a month, as long as there are no problems with android. although the backup process DOES take an hour!

Hope this helps you, as much as it has helped me!

ps. I have had NO screen of deaths, and the only time errors have appeared is when I was HEAVILY multitasking, and even then, it was only killing apps to free memory. I think this is quite normal for a beta!

Guest KuRtO

When I run Harret and it boots linux the phone "turns off" after showing "New Path 42" ... And I have to push the reset button...

Can anyone help me?

Guest Kleb

That's mayve a good idea, I had the 'acore' bug again :P

Guest aaronage
That's mayve a good idea, I had the 'acore' bug again :D

Well, it worked perfectly for me. I was able to restore without a problem. However I got tired of the sluggish performance and bought myself a ZTE blade for 130€. Its a low budget smart phone with suprisingly good performance. no Qwerty though. if you wanna wait for a fully function Android OS on the B7610 you'll be waiting... well, it won't happen (that's my believe). That's not to say i don't appreciate the work of the dev's. I really appreciated the opportunity to try Android on my B7610. but it just left me thinking "I want a phone with a stable Android OS and i don't wanna wait!". So i bought one.

Gonna recycle the B7610, since they're hardly worth anything now.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest titomax1982

During Installation on My Storage, deleting all partitions, I noticed that My Storage was made by 2 partion:

/dev/sdb:

/dev/sdb1 extended 1.91 GiB

/dev/sdb5 fat32 /media/07F3-0009_ 1.41 GiB

/dev/sdb6 fat32/media/07F3-0009 512 MiB

This second partion had these files: BaseFile.txt - LOUVRE.MLI - POCKETFS.SYS; and a Folder \Programs\PowerDic2_V1\ with other files inside

1) Now I have 2 primary partition as written in the guide, and android works... but... what was that partition? is something needed by some phone's function? maybe is for "master reset"? or something else? please help

2) OT: since 1 or 2 days, in WinMo, i always have a "1 missed call" notification some time after phone startup, but if i open it nothing happen... why?

3) In android my camera does'nt work, i tried about 6 times to load it and always error... is camera working on froyo beta1 or am i doing something wrong?

Edited by titomax1982