[GONE] Tutorials and known problems

Guest ErnstJanF

Guest Heldiho53

How to install Android on "My Storage"?

Beware: This method will erase your entire "My Storage" will be erased. So this is the moment you should back-up your "My Storage" before proceeding!

Assuming you have Ubuntu running:

1. Start phone in WinMo. Select USB mode to Storage -> My Storage.

2. In ubuntu, as root(!) start Gparted. (From terminal, type: sudo gparted.) If you don't have gparted installed, install it from terminal by typing: sudo apt-get install gparted

3. Select the proper disk. (usually your harddisk is sda, your "My Storage" will show up as sdb or sdc.

4. Make sure that partitions are unmounted. (right click in gparted, check if you can unmount it. If you can, do it.)

5. Erase all partitions.

6. Create ~ 1 Gig partition, right click on disc, choose fat32 file system, label (type in box): disk0

7. Create ~ 1 Gig partition, right click on free space on disk, choose ext4 file system, label disk

8. Apply!

9. After re-reading partitions by gparted, remember partitionnumber of the partition "disk" you just created (like sdbX). You will need it in step 14

10. Your partitions are created! Close gparted and unplug phone.

11. Replug your phone, check if disks are mounted.

12. Goto directory where you have unzipped 1024beta2.zip (in terminal :))

13. type in terminal (or, offcourse, copy and paste): sudo tar zxvf ext2.tar.gz -C /media/disk

14. edit default.txt (in this directory. Correct the line Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=4 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init" to Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=4 root=/dev/mmcblk0pX init=/init" (X is the partitionnumber you remembered in step 9) and save

15. type (copy/paste): cp default.txt haret.exe /media/disk0

16. download 2d3d drivers here (thanx to post #6 in I8000 thread) here

17. In terminal goto to directory where you just downed the 2d3d drivers, and type: sudo tar zxvf o2bupdate.tar.gz -C /media/disk (yes, correct, o2budate!)

18. Download latest kernel from google projectpage

19. Unzip and copy zImage and o2b2update.tar.gz to /media/disk0

20. Close all windows! (To prevent problems with unmounting)

Unplug phone and run haret. Android should be booting!

If you don't get android splash screen, and phone reboots, then rename the 2d3d update from o2bupdate.tar.gz to o2b2update.tar.gz and copy to /media/disk0 and try to boot.

I used this method several times. Allways working!

That didn't work for me :( something like r5:00000000 r4:00000 comes up and then it just stucks what should I do ? My partitions are primary !!

Guest erikcas

That didn't work for me :( something like r5:00000000 r4:00000 comes up and then it just stucks what should I do ? My partitions are primary !!

think you are on very old files!

* which android beta did you download?

* which zImage "pack" did you download?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...