[GONE] Tutorials and known problems

Guest ErnstJanF

Guest gauravv
All the settings are correct. Including characters. And I've saved the settings and turned it off/on. No g/3g symbol. I see only the bars, the battery and the time.

I've used the tutorial provided by ErnstJanF (which is great) and updated everything. Including the 3G update

use port 5080 not 50.80

use port 5080 not 50.80

I know that. the dot is not working in that field only numbers. But still doesn't work. I don't know how why it's not working. I really appreciate it that you guys help me :P

re-installed it several times.

Guest erikcas
I've tried it. But it's not working :P

this are the APN settings

HI internet

Name: Mobiel Internet

APN: portalmmm.nl

Proxy: 10.10.100.20

Port: 50.80

MMSC:

MMS-Proxy:

MMS-port: 5080

MMC: 204

MNC: 08

Verificationtype: pap

APN-Type: internet

I have the feelnig that Port: 50.80 should be Port 5080

Not shure, but port 50.80 seems impossible to me

grtz

Erik

Guest gauravv
I know that. the dot is not working in that field only numbers. But still doesn't work. I don't know how why it's not working. I really appreciate it that you guys help me :P

re-installed it several times.

TRY BY NOT ENTERING MMS Settings use only

name

apn

port

using normal verification if not working

Edited by gauravv

name

apn

port

How odd O.o first this didn't work. But now it does :P

It's not the fastest internet. but still :D

Kudos to you Gauravv

Guest erikcas

name

apn

port

Why not use MMS settings? I use KPN APN with MMS settings and it is working very well. No problems. Very good speed.

Guest tjeerdos
Of course it works...I use it everyday on my B7610.

I can upload the apk file i use for you if you want to try it...

market ....it's a known problem at google's. many people have it and many people don't

because of a unknown big problem my android did nothing anymore.

i reinstalled everything again, and again in ubuntu. and what do you think... market works like a charme.

the video's still not working. the program you said. when i start it he sees my video. it says playable.

but when i want to play i get an screen where i have to choose between other players. and not that program you said.

maybe i use a wrong version. so in that case i would be glad i you indeed could upload it.

thanks

greets tjeerdos

Edited by tjeerdos

Guest Bounser

HI

Tjeerdos do you mean that you installed market over and over again untill it worked? Market doesnt start to download.

I have installed some apps via the sd. But everything is giving an error. And android is now freezing all the time.

Hope an update will help. For me it is not yet that far that i can use it all day.

greet Bounser

Guest tjeerdos
HI

Tjeerdos do you mean that you installed market over and over again untill it worked? Market doesnt start to download.

I have installed some apps via the sd. But everything is giving an error. And android is now freezing all the time.

Hope an update will help. For me it is not yet that far that i can use it all day.

greet Bounser

no no. i meant that i installed android again. and again i did it in ubuntu......

but that did help because i can use market.

for me it is that far i can use it all day......

greet tjeerdos

Guest Bokun23
I have the feelnig that Port: 50.80 should be Port 5080

Not shure, but port 50.80 seems impossible to me

grtz

Erik

you are totally right. Ive used the settings which were in the tutorial from hi.nl and there the port is 5080.

Greetz

I think it DOES make a difference which order you do the updates, because adding the Zimage included in the 3G updates means the phone won't wake up from "Sleeping" anymore. at least, that's the case with me.

absolutely!

not every kernel (zImage) will load the modules (driver) because modules & kernel should be compiled against the same source.

if you have a never kernel it can happen that the (older) modules will not be able to get loaded - then you are missing hardware features ... missing hardwarefetures can end up in various errors.

the latest (o2b)update (31/01/20011) comes with kernel & modules ... this should work.

my keyboard/vib kernel comes also with modules ... should work also fine together ... but ... the kernel from the (o2b)update will not load the modules from my kernel ... keyboard will mess up and vibration will not work again.

and my kernel will not load the modules of the (o2b)update also.

thats linux :D changing kernel-version needs also changing modules to same version - specialy if you are running on kernels which are still under development :P

Edited by mosci

Guest XYZ_19989
beta 2 is out!!!

YESSSSSS

thanks!dowloading.I'm not sure how to install beta 2,what's "contains the filesystem as tar.gz and the kernel, must unpack and copy manually - no automatic install" mean,how to "copy manually" it and where "copy manually" to???

sr 4 my English

Guest Junainn

Hallo,

Ik heb geprobeerd via deze tutorial Android op mijn telefoon te zetten.

En alles gaat goed, totdat ik de 2e keer die HARET file open (ja goeie mapje)

en dan zegt hij op het einde: kernel panic - not syncing: no init found. Try passing init = option to kernel.

maar zo blijft hij hangen en hij start ook niet opnieuw op of iets.

dus wat heb ik fout gedaan of hoe los ik dit op?

groetjes

Guest Jamievanm
Hallo,

Ik heb geprobeerd via deze tutorial Android op mijn telefoon te zetten.

En alles gaat goed, totdat ik de 2e keer die HARET file open (ja goeie mapje)

en dan zegt hij op het einde: kernel panic - not syncing: no init found. Try passing init = option to kernel.

maar zo blijft hij hangen en hij start ook niet opnieuw op of iets.

dus wat heb ik fout gedaan of hoe los ik dit op?

groetjes

Er vanuitgaand dat je het niet bij één poging hebt gehouden. Een stap gemist of verkeerd uitgevoerd.

Benoem liever je stappen, dan zeggen: ik heb 't uitgevoerd volgens tutorial!

Overigens is 't de bedoeling dat mensen hier Engels typen. :P

Guest tjeerdos

hi ,

on beta one i had troubles with market. after a clean install it worked again.

on beta 2 market again no downloads. so i thought lets reinstall. well it didn't help at all.

so i did this

in ubuntu i opened system/apps from (beta1) ext2.tar.gz. there i took gtalk.apk , gtalkservice.apk , market updater.apk and placed it on desktop ubuntu.

i opened disk/system/apps. there i replaced the files that i just took from ext2.tar. had to change the properties from the files. to read and write in order to make it happen. then i disconnected the phone. and started android.

then i noticed that gtalk is in the menu ( didn't have that or did not work) i opened gtalk and login.

and opened market and

i now can dowload.

hope this will work for more people because i know there are allot who wants it to work.

greets tjeerdos

Edited by tjeerdos

Guest tjeerdos

hi,

i have a question. i deleted the partition as in the tutorial . but what if i have to do a hard reset. i think i can´t do that anymore....

can i just flash it whit any rom or do i need something more. if so what do i need and where can i find that.

i would like to have it just in case........

greets tjeerdos

Guest ErnstJanF
hi,

i have a question. i deleted the partition as in the tutorial . but what if i have to do a hard reset. i think i can´t do that anymore....

can i just flash it whit any rom or do i need something more. if so what do i need and where can i find that.

i would like to have it just in case........

greets tjeerdos

You deleted the hidden partition on my storage? That's not in my guide? :P

Guest tjeerdos
You deleted the hidden partition on my storage? That's not in my guide? :P

no i followd the same as gauravv.

and gauravv says when i have to hard reset it will not work any more because of that.

heej say i have to flash with ''full mst image'' and that it will be back again....

but i have no idea what that is

Guest sakisds
What does it mean? I don't understood :P

It stands for "Read the fine FAQ". He actually meant that if you read the first posts you would know that WiFi works only on i8000 and not on b7610.