09/Feb r8 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Advent Vega with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest What_The_Fox_Hat
Changelog

r8 09/Feb

• Reoptimised - smaller, faster
  • Updated Google Maps
  • Now includes 'Link2SD' by bakpinar for A2SD functionality! Tested and working, use ClockworkMod recovery to partition SD if required. Do NOT move USB mode switcher to SD though!

:P

P

Hi Paul,

I notice that in the R8 kitchen, under 3rd Party apps, there are 2 entries for screen calibration?

Wanted to say as well thanks for your work in making this thing sing!

WTFoxHat

Edited by What_The_Fox_Hat

Guest Sir Gash
Changelog

r8 09/Feb

• Reoptimised - smaller, faster
  • Updated Google Maps
  • Now includes 'Link2SD' by bakpinar for A2SD functionality! Tested and working, use ClockworkMod recovery to partition SD if required. Do NOT move USB mode switcher to SD though!

:P

P

Holy crap! Looks like my prayers (made about an hour ago) have already been answered! Downloading now.

Cheers Paul!

Hi Paul,

I notice that in the R8 kitchen, under 3rd Party apps, there are 2 entries for screen calibration?

WTFoxHat

Yep i have that too. Using firefox 3.6.13 on Ubuntu 10.10. Two entries for the screen calibration.

Guest fudgeboy

Paul,

Is the kernel overclockable? I tried installing CPU tuner (like SetCPU but free), but if you get it to check the device capabilities, it says that it's failed to change the governor or the CPU frequency.

Would be fun to be able to tweak the settings...

James

Guest Lennyuk
Paul,

Is the kernel overclockable? I tried installing CPU tuner (like SetCPU but free), but if you get it to check the device capabilities, it says that it's failed to change the governor or the CPU frequency.

Would be fun to be able to tweak the settings...

James

we had some issues trying to get governors to work, this has of yet not been solved.

Guest TylerDurdenK

Hi Paul,

It might be worth mentioning that Partitioning the sdcard in Recovery mode deletes the entire contents of the card, this includes any apps that you have previously used the "Move to SDCard" option on. There is no warning to this effect from within recovery.

Not too much of an issue to me, but could save others a lot of bother.

Guest stimoUK

hey guys complete android noob here, do i just need to run the adb-windows.exe in the zip file to install the adb drivers or do i need the sdk manager installed aswell?

Guest mrlomax1978

Flashed with CWM and everything seems fine - Any windows users out there who want to create an ext2 partition for Link2SD without wiping their sdcard, give Minitool Partition Wizard Home Edition a try ( free download) - allows you to resize your existing FAT32 and throw an ext2 in the empty space

Guest TylerDurdenK
hey guys complete android noob here, do i just need to run the adb-windows.exe in the zip file to install the adb drivers or do i need the sdk manager installed aswell?

Read the first post.

Guest Komiket

Many thanks for all the hard work Paul,

This rom seems to be fluctuating greatly in performance, on the quadrant scores its ranging from 1800 to 2400 where on r7 it was about 1900 to 2200, all else faultless

EXT2/3/4 should work with MCK...

P

Thanks. I guess as long as the kernel supports EXT2/3/4, Link2SD will work with that filesystem also..

From what i understand is that Link2SD will move the apk to the ext2/3/4 partition and create a (static) link on /data.

It is a solution to the problem when you do not have any space left. It is more of a work around until there is a good native solution in android itself.

Will update to r8 when i am home. Sounds like another step forward.

Thanks for the update.

Guest goldenbolux

Hi all

thanks once again for the great work paul

just baked and added latest rom

Went to reinstall flash via sys shuttle.priv as usual

But it is not there

any ideas!

If it is not somewhere else is there an easy way to get it back on as im still learning

Thanks once again

Guest MonkeyBoy451
Hi all

But it is not there

any ideas!

If it is not somewhere else is there an easy way to get it back on as im still learning

Thanks once again

You can jsut install the latest flash from the Android Market as it now appears to work fine on the Vega. :P

Guest Tainlorn
Hi all

But it is not there

any ideas!

Thanks once again

Someone linked the apologize back at the start of the thread, around page 4ish I think.

Installed using CWM over r7.

Feels slightly faster but could be imagination.

Several runs of Quadrant now show it at around 1900 - 2200 as opposed to 2300 previously with r7.

I have around 10mb more space left on the device.

Guest Sir Gash

Anybody got Link2SD working? I have a 16GB microSD with a 1GB EXT3 partition, the Vega doesn't see it at all. Even in ClockworkMod Recovery I cannot mount or format SD-EXT. I put the card into my HTC Desire and I can mount or format SD-EXT using Clockwork recovery.

I downloaded 'MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition' as recommended by bakpinar and when in Clockwork recovery's USB Mass Storage mode, on the Vega it only shows the FAT32 partition but doing the same on the Desire does show the EXT3 partition as well.

I have tried reformatting on the Vega and creating an EXT partition on the Vega (presumably EXT2 via Clockwork) but still no luck. Any ideas?

NOTE: Clockwork says "Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk2p2" if that helps!

Guest goldenbolux
You can jsut install the latest flash from the Android Market as it now appears to work fine on the Vega. :P

Thanks

Installed from the market and all is super

Cheers

Guest Lennyuk
Anybody got Link2SD working? I have a 16GB microSD with a 1GB EXT3 partition, the Vega doesn't see it at all. Even in ClockworkMod Recovery I cannot mount or format SD-EXT. I put the card into my HTC Desire and I can mount or format SD-EXT using Clockwork recovery.

I downloaded 'MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition' as recommended by bakpinar and when in Clockwork recovery's USB Mass Storage mode, on the Vega it only shows the FAT32 partition but doing the same on the Desire does show the EXT3 partition as well.

I have tried reformatting on the Vega and creating an EXT partition on the Vega (presumably EXT2 via Clockwork) but still no luck. Any ideas?

I am looking into doing this on mine now, CWM has been "partitioning" for a while now.......

Will update this post if I am successful or not

Edit: well CWM did it succesfully, booting into rom in a minute to try to get a2sd working

Edited by Lennyuk

Yes, I tested it and it works great! The 'partitioning' did take a little while in CWM, I was about to give up and then it finished. I guess the format takes a little while?

P

Guest Lennyuk
Yes, I tested it and it works great! The 'partitioning' did take a little while in CWM, I was about to give up and then it finished. I guess the format takes a little while?

P

yeah mine just took ages too, but then completed successfully.