09/Feb r8 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Advent Vega with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Lennyuk
Seems to be getting worse - I cant unlock the screen or power it off now - nothing is responding.

maybe your screen is dying, you might have to try flashing a pure stock rom, see if problem still remains, if so then its likely to be your hardware, if not then for some strange reason its the rom.

I'm gonna have to let the battery run down so it powers down then see if i can get into recovery to restore my nandroid backup - unless anyone has a better suggestion?

Hi.

Got a bit of an issue with the new update. I have applied the 1.08 update from the advent vega site for a clean install ready for r7. 1.08 worked has expected and everything seems to be ok with the install of r7. However after the r7 install and the vega reboots it goes through the usualy boot cycle and shows the Advent logo at this point the screen appears to go off and the Advent logo appears very dim flashs then goes.

The vega will not then turn on, this has now happened twice has I have applied 1.08 twice and each time after the r7 install the issue appears.

Below is the output from running r7 on my Win7 64Bit machine

Waiting for device... ensure 'USB Debugging' is enabled in Settings-Applications-Development and connect to PC...

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

Mounting and emptying system partition...

remount succeeded

Waiting for device...

rm: can't remove '/system/lost+found': Directory not empty

Windows flashing fix phase 1...

1 file(s) moved.

Copying new files...

Creating Symlinks...

Setting permissions...

Windows flashing fix phase 2...

1 file(s) moved.

Flashing boot image...

flashing boot from /data/mcr/boot.img

Done, rebooting...

Cheers

kelv

Can anyone help with this, bit worried I may have knackered my vega

Guest dannight
I'm gonna have to let the battery run down so it powers down then see if i can get into recovery to restore my nandroid backup - unless anyone has a better suggestion?

does holding the power button down for ~6 seconds not turn it straight off?

Just to mention the flash on the market is not very good with the Vega imo.

Here is optimised flash which used to come with pre r7.

Great work Paul!

Edited by remlap

Guest thedicemaster

having some problems after updating from MCR7 pre6.

long press/dragging no longer works while charging.

screen seems to be not sensitive enough now.

and apparently disabling the search bar in the kitchen now completely disables the search function, while in the past it only removed a 2nd more extensive version of search.

Has anyone tested GPS with 1.08 + MCR r7?

I use the BT Wayfinder with Car Home / Google Maps, currently on 1.06.5 MCR R6 and working fine business. Cant wait to upgrade but have heard in other threads some issues with GPS on Rom 1.0.8 ?

Thanks

Steve

I have just installed r7. When i remove a usb stick (when in host mode) the Vega switches itself off. Tried a couple of different usb sticks get the same result. Anyone else experiencing this ?

Just tried the same test and mine worked fine. Plugged in a 1GB stick, viewed some photos on the stick. Unplugged. All fine.

Guest Jon Green

Hi Paul,

(Edited: the add-link button made a royal mess!)

I ought to clarify: it's not a physically stuck key, as the tests with a PC demonstrate.

Here's someone else with the same problem: Bazabaza's keyboard problem.

Like him,I'm using a keyboard-case for the Vega: to be exact, this one. These kinds of cases are getting more popular, so it's probably worth a bit of diagnosis.

I've also tested with a Dell keyboard, and that seems OK.

I'm quite happy to help out with diagnosis, if you can devise any tests I can run.

Jon

Edited by Jon Green

Guest slayer201277

AAArgh!! I want this now - I have downloaded at work but the flipping work PC wont let me install it on my Vega!!! Come on 7pm want to play with my Vega!!

Guest Wombatter
Has anyone tested GPS with 1.08 + MCR r7?

I use the BT Wayfinder with Car Home / Google Maps, currently on 1.06.5 MCR R6 and working fine business. Cant wait to upgrade but have heard in other threads some issues with GPS on Rom 1.0.8 ?

Thanks

Steve

Me too,

last time there was a GPS option in the settings in 1.08 that stopped all BT GPS's working ....

Kept asking to turn it on if you went into MAPS/Navigation etc...

has this been taken out so it works?

Edited by Wombatter

confirmed navigation fails to see gps.

Maps appears to see it and centres on it ok and shows My location accurate to 1 metre its just navigation that fails to see gps

tricorder app shows gps data too

Edited by ho66es

Guest kevin36thi

If I'm on 1.06.5 with Custom ROM and PP should I upgrade to latest them use custom ROM for best performance?

What should I use to back up everything? Don't mind paying for the app as long as it's good.

Thanks.

Guest godinandroid

Downloaded and installed with no problems, seems a hell of a lot faster, thanks:). I still get some problems with multi tap on the keyboard, switched back to SlideIT which works brilliantly.

Has any work been done on the accelerometer?

Excellent work as always Paul.

confirmed navigation fails to see gps.

I'm on 1.08 with R7 MCR and my system can see my BT GPS without any configuration / tweaking. CoPilot sees the GPS and gives me a fix BUT GPS Status doesn't show any satellites locked on. How are you confirming that 'navigation fails to see GPS' ? Does BT GPS Providor see the GPS and if so, does it get a lock ?

Guest godinandroid
Just to mention the flash on the market is not very good with the Vega imo.

Here is optimised flash which used to come with pre r7.

Great work Paul!

Hmm, it comes up saying 'No application can be found to open this file.' Any idea what this could be?

I'm on 1.08 with R7 MCR and my system can see my BT GPS without any configuration / tweaking. CoPilot sees the GPS and gives me a fix BUT GPS Status doesn't show any satellites locked on. How are you confirming that 'navigation fails to see GPS' ? Does BT GPS Providor see the GPS and if so, does it get a lock ?

the system sees the gps fine, its when i try google navigation that its not found. Bluetooth gps provider picks it up fine, and also the star trek tricorder app displays the info correctly. Also google maps appears to use it ok as the blue dot 'my location' moves around until it settles as the lock improves.