04/Feb Fr1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

I have tried the kernel rfs and ext4 convert and both fail in odin and also this rom with ext4 convert but i cant get cwm to work it just will not install is this because i have samfirmware JMI rom installed after i bricked it trying to do the rfs kernel first how can i rectify this

mifran

Guest antiochasylum
Sorry to ask again chaps - I read the requirements but would someone be so kind as to provide a quick step by step?

Easiest way. Turn tab off. Turn back on holding power and volume up for 4-5 seconds then release. You'll be in recovery then.

Edited by antiochasylum

Having issues with BT, same as ordio, but a factory reset didn't fix the issue.

Paul I can provide logs, what events are of interest? Turning on bt and attempting to connect? Connect will have to be later as its my car stereo.

Just got my Tab this afternoon and the first thing I did was root it and install this rather excellent ROM. Then I applied for the £200 movies, music & books from Samsung. To get the movies you apparently need to go into the movies application on the Tab and set up an account. However, the movies app seems to be missing (or am I missing something)? Is there a way round this or has someone got the movies apk file I could borrow?

Doh! Apparently the icon is just a link to samsungmovies.com.

Cheers.

Edited by Cowie

Guest xcobrax

Hey guys, I just upgraded to premium so I could download and play, but I guess I am having issues with clockwork recovery. So I looked up clockwork but the download links are broken via xda and tab forum. So I downloaded Odin and I have no clue what to do. I've searched for "how to flash modaco rom for tab" and all varitions of it. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Guest xcobrax

Thanks for the quick reply Paul. This is turning into a fun adventure, but I cannot figure all this out. I was hoping it is download and install, but since I haven't used Odin before, do you have a guide (link) handy I can follow with step by step guides? I have used ADB and Fastboot, so I am not a noob, but I feel like a total noob now that Odin is here...thanks

Thanks for the quick reply Paul. This is turning into a fun adventure, but I cannot figure all this out. I was hoping it is download and install, but since I haven't used Odin before, do you have a guide (link) handy I can follow with step by step guides? I have used ADB and Fastboot, so I am not a noob, but I feel like a total noob now that Odin is here...thanks

Hi,

I just followed this guy's instructions (think someone posted it earlier) and had it rooted and flashed within an hour of delivery from Amazon:

http://droid-den.com/phone-guides/phone-gu...alaxy-tab-guide

The Odin bit had me worried but it's straightforward if you follow the instructions to the letter.

Guest xcobrax
Hi,

I just followed this guy's instructions (think someone posted it earlier) and had it rooted and flashed within an hour of delivery from Amazon:

The Odin bit had me worried but it's straightforward if you follow the instructions to the letter.

Thanks I got it. The issue was getting the Tab into "Download" mode. After that, it flashed fine BUT Now I am stuck at the Galaxy Tab screen...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=785201

EDIT: So after the install, it took me to the T-Mobile screen and it was just stuck on that screen. I didn't see any errors with the install and since it was 4AM PST (and after a flash it takes w hile to boot) I just left device on and went to sleep. This morning I woke up and the device was off, I figured it ran out of battery last night. So I plugged the device in and nothing happens. I left it plugged in for about 20 minutes and finally the charging indicator came on. Although the charging indicator is on, it is not charging, at least it doesn't seem like it is. Any suggestions?

Edited by xcobrax

Guest xcobrax
Hi,

Thank you SO much! got it....if anyone has the same issue, get your phone into download mode (use fix link if 3 button doesn't work) then use Cowie's link

EDIT: Do not do, I am having issues now...

Edited by xcobrax

Guest Nick Folkmann

Great Rom!. It really makes the Galaxy Tab run better. I was just curious if I need to update the modem on it for the phone application to work. I have a T Mobile Galaxy Tab. The phone app will launch but when I try and make a call it tries to start dialing and just goes to call ended. If anyone knows how to fix this let me know.

Guest mniewiera

@paul

could you please add a option in the kitchen to include the car home app?

yesterday i received the car kit, and when i plug it in, a wheel symbol appears in the notification bar, but i cant find the car home app.

(and it doesn't autostart like on my desire or nexus s)

Guest dherrero
Very nice, feels all very smooth.

was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem as me, but the game "tank hero" has not worked since beta 1 and even after full wipes it force closes as soon as i hit the icon. its a really cool game and its a pity it dosent work at all.

How can I be root to install it? I tried z4root but doesnt work with latest ROM

Guest mniewiera
is that a "pay" rom

i could download just for subscription

?????????????????????

in the first post are some prebaked roms linked.

if you want to customize it, you have to get a subscription.

Guest xcobrax

I was trying to flash Clockwork Recoverylast night, but the links were down the files I needed. So I went to Modaco's site and there is a conversion file to EXT 4 which included Clockwork Recovery. I flashed it using Odin with no problems, and I even saw the Orange recovery screen prior to the phone rebooting. So it looked as if everything worked fine. At this point, it was 4 AM so after the flash it said to be patient and it would take a long time. So I just went to sleep. I woke up this morning to a dead Tab. I figured I would plug it in because maybe the battery ran out.

Plugging it in had no signs of life, so I left it on the charger for a while and eventually I saw the battery and the circular lines that rotate when the battery is charging. The lines however, were not rotating. Basically a "frozen" charge screen. I thought I would leave it on just in case if it was charging and no charge what so ever.

I cannot get into download mode, or recovery. I have also tried plugging in the device and Odin does not recognize it. Can anyone help? thanks

I followed these instructions:

http://droid-den.com/phone-guides/ph...laxy-tab-guide

before posting looked through these tips with no success:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=888318&page=2

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=885919

I was trying to flash Clockwork Recoverylast night, but the links were down the files I needed. So I went to Modaco's site and there is a conversion file to EXT 4 which included Clockwork Recovery. I flashed it using Odin with no problems, and I even saw the Orange recovery screen prior to the phone rebooting. So it looked as if everything worked fine. At this point, it was 4 AM so after the flash it said to be patient and it would take a long time. So I just went to sleep. I woke up this morning to a dead Tab. I figured I would plug it in because maybe the battery ran out.

Plugging it in had no signs of life, so I left it on the charger for a while and eventually I saw the battery and the circular lines that rotate when the battery is charging. The lines however, were not rotating. Basically a "frozen" charge screen. I thought I would leave it on just in case if it was charging and no charge what so ever.

I cannot get into download mode, or recovery. I have also tried plugging in the device and Odin does not recognize it. Can anyone help? thanks

I followed these instructions:

http://droid-den.com/phone-guides/ph...laxy-tab-guide

before posting looked through these tips with no success:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=888318&page=2

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=885919

Can you see anything on the screen when you switch it on, any logo etc?

Guest gubacsek

Please help me!

I rooted my tab with z4root, and installed rom manager, and flashed recovery using it yesterday. I got into clockwork mod recovery using rom manager's "reboot into recovery" option successfully. Yesterday i wanted to flash this rom, so i connected my tab via usb, and issued the "reboot recovery" command using adb. I got into a "android system recovery - Samsung recovery utils" screen, which looks like the one on my htc desire (with no recovery flashed) where i need to choose "apply sdcard:update.zip" to get into recovery. But on my tab, no matter what i select (tryed reboot system, and apply update.zip) i get into a screen with a big white triangle, and a "!". I turn it off, and turn it on, it goes into this recovery screen again. I can't get into download mode either, because no matter what i press, (vol down and power or vol up and power) i get into this recovery.

what can i do now? any ideas ? I'm not a complete newbie, i flashed my desire 1000times but galaxy tab is new for me.

EDIT: i managed to get into download mode, don't ask me how, i was just trying and trying... So now i started to flash the modaco kernel, to flash the recovery, and it is currently doing the backup before converting to ext4. I hope it will succeed ........ :crossing fingers:

Edited by gubacsek

Guest Bisto321
Please help me!

I rooted my tab with z4root, and installed rom manager, and flashed recovery using it yesterday. I got into clockwork mod recovery using rom manager's "reboot into recovery" option successfully. Yesterday i wanted to flash this rom, so i connected my tab via usb, and issued the "reboot recovery" command using adb. I got into a "android system recovery - Samsung recovery utils" screen, which looks like the one on my htc desire (with no recovery flashed) where i need to choose "apply sdcard:update.zip" to get into recovery. But on my tab, no matter what i select (tryed reboot system, and apply update.zip) i get into a screen with a big white triangle, and a "!". I turn it off, and turn it on, it goes into this recovery screen again. I can't get into download mode either, because no matter what i press, (vol down and power or vol up and power) i get into this recovery.

what can i do now? any ideas ? I'm not a complete newbie, i flashed my desire 1000times but galaxy tab is new for me.

EDIT: i managed to get into download mode, don't ask me how, i was just trying and trying... So now i started to flash the modaco kernel, to flash the recovery, and it is currently doing the backup before converting to ext4. I hope it will succeed ........ :crossing fingers:

Should be fine for you now. You have to try quite hard (or be very silly!) to completely brick it.

Takes a while, as the instructions say, to complete the ext4 conversion and mine would not boot into the standard ROM after flashing the new kernel with clockwork. This was not a problem as I booted into clockwork and flashed the MoDaCo ROM straight away and it all worked. Restored from Titanium and back to normal with a faster file system and a nice new kernel and ROM.

Thanks Paul.

Also - because I like to be safe - after I have made a nandroid backup I always run the MD5 sum to check that all is well and then create a repair set of par files using quick par. I then move a copy off the SD card and onto my PC, then you have a repairable copy of your nice new ROM kept far away from where it could be wiped.

Is it Just me being a bit too safe or worthwhile?

Guest gubacsek
Please help me!

Forgot to write yesterday, that the flash succeeded. \o/ I'm so happy finally :P I was scared to s*** for an hour, but now everything is fine!

Thanks for the great ROM Paul!

Just a heads up that I am effectively offline for 2 weeks from tomorrow (celebrating 10 years with my good lady then off for daughter's half term!), so updates will following when I return. :P

Thanks for your ongoing support everyone!

P