04/Feb Fr1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest KevinCTofel
Just a heads up that I am effectively offline for 2 weeks from tomorrow (celebrating 10 years with my good lady then off for daughter's half term!), so updates will following when I return. :P

Thanks for your ongoing support everyone!

P

Happy anniversary to you both and enjoy your well deserved time off, Paul! :D

Guest hoolagen1

Hello,

I subscribed to access online kitchen but cant seem to install the rom. I purchased rom manager and "installed" the clockwork recovery but cant seem to boot into it. every time i boot into recovery it takes me to samsungs recovery. once there it states the roms signature is not verified. im sure its because im not in the clockwork recovery. not good with odin, so can i flash the clockwork recovery via rom manager? if so how do i boot into it? again only able to boot into ssamsungs recovery

thanks or any help, i feel this is the only step missing (clockwork recovery) before i can use this awesome rom.

thanks

carlos

Guest gubacsek
Hello,

I subscribed to access online kitchen but cant seem to install the rom. I purchased rom manager and "installed" the clockwork recovery but cant seem to boot into it. every time i boot into recovery it takes me to samsungs recovery. once there it states the roms signature is not verified. im sure its because im not in the clockwork recovery. not good with odin, so can i flash the clockwork recovery via rom manager? if so how do i boot into it? again only able to boot into ssamsungs recovery

thanks or any help, i feel this is the only step missing (clockwork recovery) before i can use this awesome rom.

thanks

carlos

Hi! I had the same problem, and i solved it by flashing paul's kernel, which flashed the recovery also. Since then, i can enter clockworkmod recovery without any problems. I don't know why rom manager didn't flash it, or what it did. because when i rebooted into recovery from rom manager's menu, i got into it. But when i issued a reboot recovery in adb, i got stuck in the samsung recovery (don't try that :D ), i couldn't even boot the tab... strange thing...

EDIT: flash modaco custom kernel r3 via ODIN. i forgot to mention ODIN :D

Edited by gubacsek

Guest Gravitysux

Bought my Euro Tab, booted it one to confirm it worked and had charged the battery, then installed CWM and the r1 MoDaCo ROM. Booted and runs fine. I have had a few issues with my BT headset, but I've not investigated further yet.

Everything else I've tried on the Tab works fine, including camera.

Exellent work, thanks for the effort Paul!

Guest smali26
Very nice, feels all very smooth.

was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem as me, but the game "tank hero" has not worked since beta 1 and even after full wipes it force closes as soon as i hit the icon. its a really cool game and its a pity it dosent work at all.

reboot and it should be ok. the same happened to me with a few apps

Guest oleander

Just installed this on my 1 hour old Tab.

Works great! :D

Thanks!

Just a quick question - I'm now missing my danish keyboard. Is there a fast way to bake it back in?

Guest smali26
Does this work for the T-mobile TAB? I would like to flash and install Modaco.

any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks

JUST FLASHED THIS ROM ON T-MOBILE GALAXY TAB AND IT WORKS GREAT.

THANKS FOR ALL OF THE HARD WORK!!! GREATLY APPRECIATED

Guest andrew12

Hi,

I have a Bell GT and after flashing the new ROM on ext4 my battery seems to drain withtin a couple of days. When I look at what uses battery, gallery seems to be the second highest with 40%. I dont see any processes running so I am at a loss anybody else notice this?

Thanks

Andrew

Guest ofiaich

Hi everyone!

I am thinking to flash this ROM to my Samsung Tablet. I am interested to know what the Exchange server email app is like. The stock rom has a GMail app and the other email app has all of the other email accounts within.

I would like what my Nexus One has. A GMail app and my Exchange server account.

Thanks for any information about this.

Ofiaich

I'm having a problem getting the ROM to load. I just "baked" my own ROM thinking that would fix it but unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

I have Clockwork on my device, and tried to load your ROM, but got a message that says:

E:failed to verify whole-file signature

E:signature verification failed

I then tried to find the MCK you spoke about above, but I can't locate it, nor a download...Anyway you can provide me a .tar download so I can flash with ODIN? That would be much appreciated...I just flash back to the stock ROM from the latest Euro ROM so I could get my 3G back. I hate it. I've heard great things about your ROMS and would love to try it out. Let me know, thanks.

This is by far the best ROM available for the Tab... Thanks so much for putting this up, it was well worth the subscription... And the 5 hours it took to figure out how to install the damned ROM. It may be beneficial to link to the application that you should use to install the ROM in its description. Keep up the great work! :D

Guest nico1375
Hi,

I have a Bell GT and after flashing the new ROM on ext4 my battery seems to drain withtin a couple of days. When I look at what uses battery, gallery seems to be the second highest with 40%. I dont see any processes running so I am at a loss anybody else notice this?

Thanks

Andrew

Unfortunately I think you're far from being alone in this case...

Gallery seems badly bugged.

Some custom ROM developers provide some fixed versions of galley but I don't know if it can be found apart from the full ROM...

I'm also p... off by this galley app...

Guest luthepa1

So I noticed after flashing this custom ROM (which is super great!) that under the sevice menu of *#1234#* that I no longer see version numbering for PDA and CSC. I do see the baseband version for PHONE of P1000XXJID.

Is this an issue or just a cosmetic thing?

Cheers!

Edited by luthepa1

Guest Disconn3ct

Anyone got the kernel source (or better, the already built modules) for this? Config shows TUN/TAP are both built, but they aren't shipped. (Needed for openvpn.)

Guest luthepa1
my battery indicator still lies on r1. Icon is at half full but I only have 20 percent. Infact it seems worse than before.... Any suggestions?

Oh, so this is a know issue??? I have also noticed that the battery indicator icon lags about 25% (+/- 5%) behind the batteries actual charge level.

I have installed a app called "Smart Battery Monitor" mainly because I like to see battery percentage and I have found this app correctly reports battery charge level.

I was planning to look/search into this but been busy setting up android SDK in spare time. Any more info anyone?

my battery indicator still lies on r1. Icon is at half full but I only have 20 percent. Infact it seems worse than before.... Any suggestions?

mine too didnt realize this was a bug/problem......have a aussie optus tab think the batt status was always like this......i remember thinking it needed a percentage readout or somthing.

Guest wfucker
I'm having a problem getting the ROM to load. I just "baked" my own ROM thinking that would fix it but unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

I have Clockwork on my device, and tried to load your ROM, but got a message that says:

I then tried to find the MCK you spoke about above, but I can't locate it, nor a download...Anyway you can provide me a .tar download so I can flash with ODIN? That would be much appreciated...I just flash back to the stock ROM from the latest Euro ROM so I could get my 3G back. I hate it. I've heard great things about your ROMS and would love to try it out. Let me know, thanks.

+1

Here is the same situation. I try numbered other ROM (like Roto, original eur ...) , but allways I have got the same error. :huh:

Maybe I will be very happy, if you made a "falshable, Odin" version. That would be much appreciated

Thx

Guest radarrod

May I ask you which ROM you flashed back to and where you got it from?

Thanks