[maybe solved] Touchscreen does not react after flashing an new ROM

Guest Seb801

Guest cicobuff

Another one with the touchscreen problem here.

I am totally accustomed to rom flashing myself, owning an older OLED one myself (Grey), and my wifes a slightly newer revision TFT (White) both of which no problems.

My father recently bought one of which he has given me today to flash, and surprise it is a new B10 revision Glass :LEAD, installed clockwork mod no problem, flashed both FLB and the new Swedish rom, both failing on the touchscreen problem.

Restore to original Orange rom (made a backup), and no problem.

Guest GIRAFFE2011

My phone also has a problem after flashing touch screen not working at all it will be helpful if everyone that have problems had their phone software versions and date of purchase in signatures so the gurus here could clearly see the pattern. On another note cycling between roms although it may be 'solving it' temporary but we can hardly call it a solution and we have to keep the phone powered on at all times. I think someone more knowledgeable will have to get their hands on one of this new Blades ...

By the way i haven't tried myself flashing it repeatedly with different roms so i cannot confirm this partial solution...

My phone is:

San Francisco OTE1122 (grey/black)

Purchase date 29 March (new delivery from orange shop)

software build: OUK_P729BV1.0.0B20

hardware build: OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10

Guest fredl99

Hi,

ZTE Blade, bought on 31.3.2011

Glass:TRULY

touchscreen module

name: synaptics

i2c address: 0x22

IC type 2000 series

firmware TM1541

module synaptics + TPK

Baseband P729BB01

Kernel 2.6.29

Build YESSS_P729VV1.0.0B02

------------------------------------------

I have tried:

Swedish_Spring_RLS3

Swedish_Spring_RLS2

Touchscreen works after flashing and booting from clockwork, but is dead after power off/on. IIRC it was functional again when booting through clockwork, but I might be wrong with this.

--------------------------

cm-7.0.0-RC4-Blade-signed

r12-update-modacocustomrom-blade-kitchen-unsigned

Swedish_Spring_RLS4b

All of these show a dead touchscreen right after flashing and booting without a chance to come alive.

Interesting: Swedish_Spring_RLS4b behaves like the others, whereas Swedish_Spring_RLS3 and Swedish_Spring_RLS2 did at least work from the start.

Any ideas what difference between RLS3/4 could break the touchscreen?

Of course I'm willing to help with further information when needed. Hoping to get a solution in return :D

Edited by fredl99

Hi,

ZTE Blade, bought on 31/3/11

Glass:TRULY

touchscreen module

name: synaptics

i2c address: 0x22

IC type 2000 series

firmware TM1541

module synaptics + TPK

Baseband P729BB01

Kernel 2.6.29

Build YESSS_P729VV1.0.0B02

------------------------------------------

I have tried:

Swedish_Spring_RLS3

Swedish_Spring_RLS2

Touchscreen works after flashing and booting from clockwork, but is dead after power off/on. IIRC it was functional again when booting through clockwork, but I might be wrong with this.

cm-7.0.0-RC4-Blade-signed

r12-update-modacocustomrom-blade-kitchen-unsigned

Swedish_Spring_RLS4b

All of these show a dead touchscreen right after flashing and booting without a chance to come alive.

Interesting: Swedish_Spring_RLS4b behaves like the others, whereas Swedish_Spring_RLS3 and Swedish_Spring_RLS2 did at least work from the start.

Any ideas what difference between RLS3/4 could break the touchscreen?

Of course I'm willing to help with further information when needed. Hoping to get a solution in return :D

Have exactly the same Blade (I guess you got it also from Hofer?). Running CM7 RC4 right now, touchscreen did not work after flash and reboot but pulling the battery for some minutes did the trick and it runs now without any problems. After a reboot the touchscreen might not work again, but pulling the battery always fixed the problem.

Also the stock rom does not always work from start and I had to pull the battery.

Guest fredl99

Hi,

Yes, it's a Hofer-handset. I wonder how you could GUESSS that :D

Thanks for the hint regarding battery in/out. I will try that again. Anyway, I wouldn't consider this a practicable solution.

If I had this problem with the stock ROM it would be a reason to return the item. (To all the other readers: These devices are usually sold out within minutes, so there's nearly no chance to get a replacement.)

--------------------

To me it seems ZTE is following a popular Chinese habit by delegating the final quality tests to the customers. I see no other reason why obviously identical devices would produce so different behaviours. If this is true then developers will be hunting bugs forever, because there will always be one handset out there showing its very own fault after a supposed bugfix.

Guest sitic
To me it seems ZTE is following a popular Chinese habit by delegating the final quality tests to the customers. I see no other reason why obviously identical devices would produce so different behaviours. If this is true then developers will be hunting bugs forever, because there will always be one handset out there showing its very own fault after a supposed bugfix.

There seems to be software issues as Sebastian404 assumes

The issue seems to be that ZTE *SEEM* to of forked development into 2 directions, (for cost reasons) they seem to be using different hardware in newer 2.1 production devices and adding driver support to the 2.1 builds, but not adding the same hardware support into the 2.2 builds... it is possible we will eventually see the alternative hardware support in offical 2.2 builds and it will level out....

but there are also reported hardware issues: [German] Touchscreen reagiert nicht mehr

Edited by sitic

Guest Chris Banks

the holding the back button does seem to work for me, but now once booted this way, the screen doesn't automatically switch it self off, only the back light.

Any one else with similar issue?

Guest Rotmann
Also the stock rom does not always work from start and I had to pull the battery.

If it has problems on 2.1 your digitizer is broken / the connector is flaky. I would take it back as it may make problems in the future.

@all people with screen problems, did you try to convert your phone to Gen.2? Look at the stickies, maybe it will solve the problem.

I don't think it's related with Gen 1/Gen 2 in general... The phones work with the stock build (romdump of the new YESSS software build B02 is here: http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/34559344/file.html - the old YESSS version B01 can be found in the stock rom thread). It may be just a driver issue, they definitely changed something in the newer build, we just have to figure out what.

For example the kernel configs of the two versions differ:

< # Fri Nov 19 12:12:26 2010

---

> # Thu Feb 10 07:43:29 2011

949c949

< CONFIG_SENSOR_LIS302DL=y

---

> # CONFIG_SENSOR_LIS302DL is not set

950a951,952

> # CONFIG_SENSOR_ADXL34X is not set

> CONFIG_SENSOR_ACCELERATOR=y

1110c1112,1115

< # CONFIG_MT9P111 is not set

---

> CONFIG_MT9P111=y

> # CONFIG_MT9P111_MCNEX is not set

> CONFIG_MT9P111_SAMSUNG_FPC=y

> # CONFIG_MT9P111_SAMSUNG_SOCKET is not set
@Rotmann: I don't think it is a hardware failure, if it would be, it wouldn't work with the stock rom without problems UPDATE: Ok, I've compared the two versions from YESSS (B01 and B02) there might be more differences but these files are the ones I've found so far:
yesss_b01/lib/hw/sensors.default.so		   yesss_b02/lib/hw/sensors.default.so differ: byte 57, line 1

yesss_b01/lib/libandroid_runtime.so		   yesss_b02/lib/libandroid_runtime.so differ: byte 57, line 1

yesss_b01/lib/libcamera.so					yesss_b02/lib/libcamera.so differ: byte 57, line 1

yesss_b01/lib/libdvm.so					   yesss_b02/lib/libdvm.so differ: byte 25, line 1

cmp:		  yesss_b02/lib/libhwdata.so: No such file or directory

yesss_b01/lib/libLsOmaClient.so			   yesss_b02/lib/libLsOmaClient.so differ: byte 25, line 1

yesss_b01/lib/libLsOmaCore.so				 yesss_b02/lib/libLsOmaCore.so differ: byte 25, line 1

yesss_b01/lib/libLsOmaUi_Android.so		   yesss_b02/lib/libLsOmaUi_Android.so differ: byte 25, line 1

yesss_b01/lib/libmediaplayerservice.so		yesss_b02/lib/libmediaplayerservice.so differ: byte 57, line 1

yesss_b01/lib/libm.so						 yesss_b02/lib/libm.so differ: byte 57, line 1

yesss_b01/lib/libnativehelper.so			  yesss_b02/lib/libnativehelper.so differ: byte 34, line 1

yesss_b01/lib/libopencore_player.so		   yesss_b02/lib/libopencore_player.so differ: byte 57, line 1

yesss_b01/lib/libril-qc-1.so				  yesss_b02/lib/libril-qc-1.so differ: byte 25, line 1

yesss_b01/lib/libsonivox.so				   yesss_b02/lib/libsonivox.so differ: byte 25, line 1

yesss_b01/lib/libsqlite.so					yesss_b02/lib/libsqlite.so differ: byte 57, line 1

yesss_b01/lib/libtouchpal.so				  yesss_b02/lib/libtouchpal.so differ: byte 25, line 1

yesss_b01/lib/libwebcore.so				   yesss_b02/lib/libwebcore.so differ: byte 57, line 2

yesss_b01/bin/akmd2						   yesss_b02/bin/akmd2 differ: byte 33, line 1

yesss_b01/bin/debuggerd					   yesss_b02/bin/debuggerd differ: byte 15565, line 86

yesss_b01/bin/DrmHost						 yesss_b02/bin/DrmHost differ: byte 25, line 1

cmp: EOF on   yesss_b02/bin/em_deblock.sh

yesss_b01/bin/hci_qcomm_init				  yesss_b02/bin/hci_qcomm_init differ: byte 57, line 1

yesss_b01/bin/loc_api_app					 yesss_b02/bin/loc_api_app differ: byte 28863, line 107

yesss_b01/bin/mm-qcamera-test				 yesss_b02/bin/mm-qcamera-test differ: byte 20280, line 92

yesss_b01/bin/wpa_supplicant				  yesss_b02/bin/wpa_supplicant differ: byte 209158, line 1202

yesss_b01/etc/LsOmaClientSettings.xml		 yesss_b02/etc/LsOmaClientSettings.xml differ: byte 5020, line 242

yesss_b01/etc/NOTICE.html.gz				  yesss_b02/etc/NOTICE.html.gz differ: byte 15, line 1

yesss_b01/etc/security/otacerts.zip		   yesss_b02/etc/security/otacerts.zip differ: byte 11, line 1

yesss_b01/wifi/ar6000.ko					  yesss_b02/wifi/ar6000.ko differ: byte 33, line 1

Edited by ma_

Guest quikfxp

Just installed Swedish Spring rls 4 and I had the same problem. I can't unlock the phone after booting up :D

LCD Infomation:

IC:NT35580

GLASS:LEAD

IC TYPE: 2000 Series

Firmware: TM1541

Module Synaptics +TPK

Any ideas as I am keen to get this Orange firmware off my phone !

Guest Rotmann
@Rotmann: I don't think it is a hardware failure, if it would be, it wouldn't work with the stock rom without problems

Some people say they have problems on stock 2.1 too, that's definitely an hardware issue.

Just installed Swedish Spring rls 4 and I had the same problem. I can't unlock the phone after booting up :D

LCD Infomation:

IC:NT35580

GLASS:LEAD

IC TYPE: 2000 Series

Firmware: TM1541

Module Synaptics +TPK

Any ideas as I am keen to get this Orange firmware off my phone !

Upgrade to Gen.2, one guy confirmed it worked.

Guest Fadox

Right now i can't unlock my phone(from one operator to another) and my touchscreen doesn't work if i change to any other rom(even stock orange 2.1, i currently have optimus rom- portugal). IF i upgrade to Gen.2 will this solve my problems???

Thanks

Edited by Fadox

Guest isambard

today i got my old blade back from the repair shop. they replaced the digitizer. working fine. i thought i would try CM7 out and got the same problem of no touchscreen after reboot.

strangely, if i boot to CWM and then reboot from there it seems to work, though touch screen seems a bit flaky after the phone goes to sleep. i wonder if it could be a software/driver issue with not waking up the hardware? anyway, it's early days so will see how it goes...

today i got my old blade back from the repair shop. they replaced the digitizer. working fine. i thought i would try CM7 out and got the same problem of no touchscreen after reboot.

strangely, if i boot to CWM and then reboot from there it seems to work, though touch screen seems a bit flaky after the phone goes to sleep. i wonder if it could be a software/driver issue with not waking up the hardware? anyway, it's early days so will see how it goes...

Worrying, I just got a replacement refurbished phone today, not flashed it yet.

I wonder if the old hungarian tpt would cure it?

What are the differences between b19 & b20 roms? has anybody compared the files?

Guest isambard

everything seems to be working now. i wonder if it was just a temporary glitch? maybe those having a problem can try after flashing cm7, rebooting via cwm and then turning off and leaving it for a few minutes before restarting. also remember to wipe cache.

I just installed the tpt backup of cm7 from my old phone to my new one, no problem with the touch screen at all. I didn't try installing any custom roms with clockwork first, looks like a tpt could fix it.

Edited by wbaw

Guest sambartle

I've just flashed a B10/B20 phone, and it worked fine with a normal flash.. so I dont think the B10/B19, B10/B20 is actually anything to worry about.. seems to just be a few random phones have issues..

Edited by sambartle

Guest Revik

I bought Orange San Francisco a week ago.

I've installed CM7 RC4 on it. After few reboots i was not able to unlock the screen - touchscreen stopped working. I've reflashed CM, but after reboot same reappeared.

After some tests/reboots/ets i've noticed that the screen will work if after reboot do not touch the phone and wait until screen will dim a bit - then it is starting to work (but not wait until it will off, i miss this moment reboot needed). I was thought that it is RC4 problem (din not found something in CM forum) + some random reboots, so i've decided to flash something more stable. Swedish Spring - i was surprised when after second reboot same happened :D And this time i'm not able to unlock the screen inany way. I've flashed JJ - same thing B)

Update: just flashed CM nightly 36 - 4 reboots without problems. But it is to early to start celebrate, problem could be back in few reboots later..

Edited by Revik