Building CyanogenMod7

Guest fonix232

Guest eAlex79
Yeah and focus on ./extract-files.sh!!!

I for one appreciated your guide fonix, so thanks!

If you tell us what's your problem with that script I can help maybe.

Guest Simon O
Really? I know something must be quite wrong because noone else has problems with CMparts.

flibblesan:

For Tom G's build to use brunch and get .img's and an update.zip use:

clone CM7 tree

clone Tom's device tree

apply this patch:

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,2958

to the folder CM7/vendor/cyanogen

after that you can brunch it and it'll compile.

I'd like to know whether other people have problems with the qcomm GPS rpc stuff and the compilation of CMparts.

Thank you! Works fine.

and the gps is simple. Change BOARD_VENDOR_QCOM_GPS_LOC_API_AMSS_VERSION to 1240 should fix it. Should be in /device/zte/blade/BoardConfig.mk

Guest eAlex79
Thank you! Works fine.

and the gps is simple. Change BOARD_VENDOR_QCOM_GPS_LOC_API_AMSS_VERSION to 1240 should fix it. Should be in /device/zte/blade/BoardConfig.mk

Yes, that one works, you solved this somewhere up in the thread already :D And GPS in my ROM works perfect, got 4 satellites indoor immediatly, more then ever (must be the weather).

Guest whatcolour
Thank you! Works fine.

wish you have come earlier, used 3200 in my build (which took 3 hours to finish!) and of course gps is not working. building another one with 1240 now.

this rom is really looking promising, just about everything works and really smooth too!

If you tell us what's your problem with that script I can help maybe.

Well I got this originally as I posted earlier, but it wasn't because adb wasn't running, because I could adb reboot

./extract-files.sh: 22: adb: not found
chmod: cannot access `../../../vendor/zte/blade/proprietary/qmuxd': No such file or directory
./extract-files.sh: 24: adb: not found
chmod: cannot access `../../../vendor/zte/blade/proprietary/akmd2': No such file or directory
./extract-files.sh: 26: adb: not found
chmod: cannot access `../../../vendor/zte/blade/proprietary/hci_qcomm_init': No such file or directory
./extract-files.sh: 29: adb: not found
./extract-files.sh: 32: adb: not found[/codebox]

I rebooted and tried again and this is what I get now:

cannot create '../../../vendor/zte/blade/proprietary/qmuxd': Permission denied etc, I try to run as root and I get the adb not found as in the codebox above.

I tried to pull the proprietary files form Jacob's get, I built a rom, it booted and I had ni RIL, WiFI etc.

I'm completely new to anything like this so I'm sure I just have permissions or a file path or something screwed up somewhere

Guest eAlex79
Well I got this originally as I posted earlier, but it wasn't because adb wasn't running, because I could adb reboot

./extract-files.sh: 22: adb: not found
chmod: cannot access `../../../vendor/zte/blade/proprietary/qmuxd': No such file or directory
./extract-files.sh: 24: adb: not found
chmod: cannot access `../../../vendor/zte/blade/proprietary/akmd2': No such file or directory
./extract-files.sh: 26: adb: not found
chmod: cannot access `../../../vendor/zte/blade/proprietary/hci_qcomm_init': No such file or directory
./extract-files.sh: 29: adb: not found
./extract-files.sh: 32: adb: not found[/codebox]

I rebooted and tried again and this is what I get now:

cannot create '../../../vendor/zte/blade/proprietary/qmuxd': Permission denied etc, I try to run as root and I get the adb not found as in the codebox above.

I tried to pull the proprietary files form Jacob's get, I built a rom, it booted and I had ni RIL, WiFI etc.

I'm completely new to anything like this so I'm sure I just have permissions or a file path or something screwed up somewhere

Looks like your files aren't writeable.

Remove the vendor/[b]zte [/b]folder as root, and then redo the script as normal user with adb in path.

You either have to have one of the latest ROM's here on your phone or you put a beta from the beta thread there but then you have to extract (at least one) missing file(s) from another ROM.

Looks like your files aren't writeable.

Remove the vendor/zte folder as root, and then redo the script as normal user with adb in path.

You either have to have one of the latest ROM's here on your phone or you put a beta from the beta thread there but then you have to extract (at least one) missing file(s) from another ROM.

Thanks a lot, it's working. I'm pulling the files from Tom's beta 3. I'll track down what other files I need and try the build again!

After adding the missing proprietary files which where missing (pauls r11 does not have all the required files) i could build Cm7. The installation also went well using clockworkmod 3.0.0.5 from fibblesan. However i cannot connect to my networkprovider (e-plus here in germany). I also can only boot CM7 once. Afterwords it hangs everytime when it tries to mount my sdcard (thats the last thing I can see in the upper notification bar). Does one of you have the same problems? Perhaps this has todo with the prorpietary libs I tool from pauls r11? I willt try later with the libs from TomG. Which libs did you take?

Edited by vbo

After adding the missing proprietary files which where missing (pauls r11 does not have all the required files) i could build Cm7. The installation also went well using clockworkmod 3.0.0.5 from fibblesan. However i cannot connect to my networkprovider (e-plus here in germany). I also can only boot CM7 once. Afterwords it hangs everytime when it tries to mount my sdcard (thats the last thing I can see in the upper notification bar). Does one of you have the same problems? Perhaps this has todo with the prorpietary libs I tool from pauls r11? I willt try later with the libs from TomG. Which libs did you take?

Use the link Flibblesan posted a page back to Tom's proprietary files on github.

I used those and YouTube hq even worked right after installing gapps!

Guest fonix232

CM7 branch finally officially includes the blade tree. This guide is not proper any more, and I will NOT UPDATE it. Proper guides will be soon up at the CM wiki.