Croatian language for HTC HD2

Guest rtomakov

Guest rtomakov

I have made a Croatian MUI for HTC HD2.

General opinion is that there is no official Croatian MUI for windows mobile.

Officially, it is not correct! It exists and was made by Samsung for Samsung Omnia (SGH-i900). Rom name was i900SHKK2, as far I can remember.

Problem is that Omnia was running on windows mobile 6.1, and its mui isnt very compatibile with wm 6.5. Therefore, it was necessary to almost completely rebuild it and adapt it for windows mobile 6.5.

NOTE: these translated files (device independent windows file) are based on latest official Leo Ship rom 3.14.479.2 (build 21913) and I doubt that its compatible with other, wm 6.5.3 and 6.5.5 builds.

All 041a.mui files are signed with sdkcerts2015, and it will be auto-installed during installation.

About installation, I have made simple interactive installation script, inspired by XDA_UC project and based on MortScript and some other useful tools I found (thanks to all good programers who made it).

Installation script is named (what else than) "Install HR_MUI" and it is inside HRMUI folder. Just run it!

Also, instalation script will ask you if you want to install myphone ver 1.6, cause translated files doesnt work with build-in myphone 1.1 version.

Installation package folder must be unpacked on the root of Storage Card, with one HRMUI folder, with subfolders Backup,engine and MUI, and scripts in it. This is very important, if installation folder is not where script expects it to be - it wont work!

Also, before installation turn off (disable) HTC Sense in Settings-All Settings-Today-Items or manila files may not be copied properly (they must overwrite original ones).

After installation HTC Sense will be auto-enabled.

So, installation script will first make a backup of original files that will be overwritten during installation (manila files, templates and opera lang&help files) - in case you want to restore it,then it will try to temporary disable manila and it will install croatian translated files:

- folder "wm" : *.041a.mui - these are wm6.5 device independent translations(could be used on other wm65 com2 devices)

- folder "htc" : *.041a.mui (hd2 specific translations), *-041a.html (translated notificaions messages) and *_manila ( english (en-us) manila

files translated to croatian)

- folder "opera": language.lng, start.html,index.html, troubleshoot.html .. - opera translated files

- folder "templates": *.dot, .dotx,.... translated templates for Office Mobile

- startinfo.reg : Start Menu translations - done throw registry keys, not by real renaming of start menu shortcuts. Therefore, it will work only

with original start menu entries layout.

If install script (for some reason) fails, you can still do it manually by copying files from \Storage Card\HRMUI\MUI\... subfolders into:

-all files from MUI subfolders (*.041a.mui, *_manila, *.041a.html files) into \Windows folder on device

-english.lng file in \Windows\Opera9\profile\locale and others (start,index,troubleshoot) in

\Windows\Opera9\profile\help\en

-template files to \My Documents\Templates folder

You will need some file explorer (e.g. Resco, total commander) that supports overwriting system files for manual installation. Dont forget to install sdkcerts.

After install script finishes, it will reboot the device.

On next boot, you should have localized HTC HD2 on croatian language.

NOTE: I have done this in good intentions, I wont be responsible for any damage you make to you device or losing your data.

In worst scenario, hard reset will do all job. So, do a backup of your data before doing this (just in case)!

HRMUI.zip

Edited by rtomakov

• 1 month later...
Guest rtomakov

I have added mui version for wm 6.5.3 builds. Only system, device independent files are changed.

This version of system mui files are based on latest 29009 builds.

It seem that 290xx builds will be the most recent windows mobile 6.5.3 .

HRMUI_WM_6.5.3.zip

Edited by rtomakov