[Themes]Unified Theme Thread

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

Sorry to inform you guys but my themes are no longer being maintained as i have sold my Blade. Have fun with what is left over. The themes will work for future roms versions from 15/04/11 until the rom devs state that there has been a specific framework-res.apk or services.jar change!

Unified Theme Thread

I feel that with my current way of updating themes there is no need at all for separate theme threads any longer. So here is a thread with themes for Japanese Jellyfish, Swedish Spring, FLB Froyo and MCR Froyo. (More roms may follow) The reason i have combined my work here is i work on all themes for all (supported) roms at the same time. No waiting if you use a certain rom. No priorities.

Download links will now point to a folder, i think all files are named well enough to be distinguishable. If you know what you're looking for then please skip to post 2 for download links and changelog. For information/extras please skip to post 3.

Please take note of the following points,

The files are made to be compatible with recoveries of Clockworkmod versions 3.x.x.x. They may work on others but will not work on Amon Ra/TPT.

These "themes" are only basic framework changes, they do not change widgets etc.

There may be small graphical errors of which i do not know and cannot fix until notified by YOU the user!

The files are tested 99% of the time but please always keep a recent backup of your rom/apps etc.

Most of my work here is porting/colour editing. I do not own the images and do not claim to.

To report an issue please at least quote JJ, FLB or MCR to speed up the help for you.

Gingerbread Theme

36e0c5081fc9f0b311912f3e304b2de991df4c7f858d018f4a603cc1ff05d1646g.jpg

Gingerbread Circle Mod

2830beb48d843f2fee677cd27386427a3b52d168738292255017b44a38c1dfae6g.jpg

Gingerbread Thin Circle

5feb51abf02a8724387653effc98c4f830008d3d0da0d5caf80f48d4bd64d1d66g.jpg

Blue Gingerbread Theme

1e402250c6ed6cef03e61cf2fa60565a6ce418dabef34446beee0e749299d7b46g.jpg

Blue Gingerbread Circle Mod

87632891a0e1f98b9fcafc63918350bfebbe619fb6c1b9398f75d616f0bc0d506g.jpg

Blue Gingerbread Thin Circle

397040553f8fa94639d6664c3b93f23af4f9fead149f54eddb36bc38cd1b98a46g.jpg

Elegant Steel Theme

bfd167fb6977d6efea1fb3b41d24b91f8dbd86b1e1db2ba1d877ba9996b2ef986g.jpg

GenerationX Theme

17bcf98128b9b0abf80a1c6cda02420fa14bcc4e6ec2c6be83ff7edeb8f470266g.jpg

GenerationX Red Theme

9c409d0c236cff29c9bdac4f955bdf155344425071130da5777fb8accd0ef29b6g.jpg

GenerationX Green Theme

2d8df1b9b8b6ba69663493ff054a94d1c9cdc42de68aa57a30a34ecd4d6fdd1b6g.jpg

Revo Theme

3784596cf342a1f1f57f2a27e8d86445313dcbea7eacaf0f95a76418b41500946g.jpg

Galaxy S Theme

fe148c0b59d124caff295eeec12a473f9352919e9cf0dcb889e944ebab57f97f6g.jpg

Desire Sense Theme

bfae1c0c93c8fe2c6fee9f67480a63674dc4295f4f04224a9545ef832604353e6g.jpg

Desire Slate Theme

d955739e877bff2904af446e8a172f0b3041e24199cdc8824cef3e945dfe5e556g.jpg

MNML Theme

fb48c146796e1483adc90c7db8160f1ccf4c9f1b9e2643ffe436385ba17e1bf26g.jpg

Edited by Frankish

Guest Frankish

Downloads.

Download Themes for Japanese Jellyfish.Working on R9.

Download Themes for FLB Froyo.Working on R11.

Download Themes for Modaco Custom Rom Froyo.Working on R12.

Download Themes for Swedish Spring Rom Froyo.Working on all versions including rls4b until kallte explicitly states framework-res.apk and services.jar have changed!

Changelog.

19/03/2011 -

Started work on Swedish Spring themes. Not finished yet.

01/03/2011 -

All FLB themes updated to R10, will keep notification power widget.

11/02/2011 -

A few fixes.

MCR - Fixed bad Music.apk in theme, Fixed GenX Green images as i seemed to forget them. Already fixed in FLB and JJF.

All themes - Tweaked the Music/Download fix to fit themes better.

10/02/2011 -

Opened new unified theme thread.

Added modified Music.apk and DownloadProvider.apk to all themes. (Fixes some unreadable text for some statusbar/notification parts)

Updated quick contact badge images. Should look nicer now.

Fixed properly GenerationX Green theme. All images should be nice now!

Edited by Frankish

Guest Frankish

FAQ's and Other Stuff

I want to flash a theme using Amon Ra recovery/TPT.

This is possible. You will need to download the theme .zip of your choice and open it up with WinRAR or similar. Delete the full META-INF folder. Now download this file and extract it. Copy the new META-INF folder to your theme .zip and it's ready to flash. Please also remember to disable signature verification from recovery options. The theme should now flash fine.

Requests: Can you do...

If you want something specific doing i will try my hardest to sort it out for you. I do not give priority to the order of requests, i do it based on how quick/easy it is for me to do. I do have a life, wife and full time job with no internet access :D. Also i will be a first time father on or around March 20th so as you can imagine i am a busy person. Please quote your current rom when requesting as most requests will be a one off and not a permanently supported thing.

Can You Upload the Wallpapers?

Download this .zip here to download all the wallpapers in the above screenshots.

I have White on White or Black on Black texts, why?

This has been fixed in the latest themes. However if you were using a previous theme with the old "fix" the fix for white on white or black on black text is here. Really this time. This is for anyone using my previous themes that modified Music.apk and DownloadProvider.apk. The files in my .zips are just the stock theme ones now. Please choose correct one for your rom.

Download Music and DownloadProvider fix.

Credits & Thanks

I'd like to say thank you to everyone who uses my themes and supports me in my porting efforts. Big thanks to the rom makers Flibblesan, Paul and kallte for being so supportive and providing me with files when needed in advance. Keep up the hard work guys. Thanks to Sebastian as i am using his Recovery Manager to swap and test recoveries and his latest port of Clockwork mod.

Credits for the original themes go to their respective owners, i got the files from various sources and modified and edited them so can't name everyone here as i simply do not know! :P

Edited by Frankish

Guest m_w_clarke

Great idea to combine the threads!

Just wanted to say thanks for the Blue GB theme with battery percentage you made. It works a treat on my FLB ROM.

All the best for the baby mate. I was in your position 2 years ago :-)

Guest Frankish
Great idea to combine the threads!

Just wanted to say thanks for the Blue GB theme with battery percentage you made. It works a treat on my FLB ROM.

All the best for the baby mate. I was in your position 2 years ago :-)

Thanks for the kind words. Glad the theme works OK :-)

Guest googanhiem

Great themes and great idea with the unified topic.

I tried the galaxy s theme for JJR9 and the menu button menu's are white with white fonts. The Icon's are gray as they are supposed to be, but the fonts are not. Either way great port!

Guest Frankish
Great themes and great idea with the unified topic.

I tried the galaxy s theme for JJR9 and the menu button menu's are white with white fonts. The Icon's are gray as they are supposed to be, but the fonts are not. Either way great port!

Bollox i knew i forgot to fix something... :P I think this is true also for some versions of GenX Blue...

Guest Len Ash
Bollox i knew i forgot to fix something... :P I think this is true also for some versions of GenX Blue...

Off topic slightly, how are you signing framework-res for Paul's r11+? I'm getting weird results with a lightly modded theme... which might be because I'm a)thick or b)using the wrong cert/key

Guest Len Ash
Platform certificate. Works fine for me, can restore Nandroid, add theme to rom pre-flash. So all signed properly. What problems you having?

Modded arrays.xml to try and get autobright working better. Unsigned, just get Modaco dude flashing on and off ad infinitum. Signed with certificate.pem and key.pk8 it gets to lock screen and then partially reboots ad infinitum...

Guest Len Ash
Modded arrays.xml to try and get autobright working better. Unsigned, just get Modaco dude flashing on and off ad infinitum. Signed with certificate.pem and key.pk8 it gets to lock screen and then partially reboots ad infinitum...

Tried java -jar signapk.jar testkey.x509.pem testkey.pk8 file.apk update_file.apk

Same

Edited by Len Ash

Guest idolmaster

Problem:

I'm using the prebaked MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM r12 and each time when installing any of the appropriate MDC themes from this thread [Gingerbread Circle Mod, Blue Gingerbread Circle Mod, Revo Theme] the stock music app & stock video app just disappear from the selection, including the music widget. Clicking a music file via file explorer doesn't do anything. Only the stock video still seems to be around because clicking a video file activates the stock video player.

Maybe this has to do with the "Added modified Music.apk and DownloadProvider.apk to all themes"?

Since the older themes for MoDaCo r7-11 got removed from the download server I cannot test if those would work properly. Too bad.

Guest idolakis
Problem:

I'm using the prebaked MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM r12 and each time when installing any of the appropriate MDC themes from this thread [Gingerbread Circle Mod, Blue Gingerbread Circle Mod, Revo Theme] the stock music app & stock video app just disappear from the selection, including the music widget. Clicking a music file via file explorer doesn't do anything. Only the stock video still seems to be around because clicking a video file activates the stock video player.

Maybe this has to do with the "Added modified Music.apk and DownloadProvider.apk to all themes"?

Since the older themes for MoDaCo r7-11 got removed from the download server I cannot test if those would work properly. Too bad.

STRANGE, EVERYTHING WORKS FINE FOR ME!

Guest idolmaster
STRANGE, EVERYTHING WORKS FINE FOR ME!

Are you on MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM r12 ?

EDIT: Ok, solved.

I opened the MDC theme zip file and removed the "app" folder containing the latest modifications. Perhaps they're just obsolete here because MoDaCo r12 already comes with a working black status bar, I dunno. At least no missing apps now!

Maybe someone should look into it because I doubt I was the only MoDaCo r12 user with this problem.

Edited by idolmaster

Guest Len Ash
Tried java -jar signapk.jar testkey.x509.pem testkey.pk8 file.apk update_file.apk

Same

Sorted - use platform keys!

Another long day takes its toll on my ageing head...

Guest Frankish
Are you on MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM r12 ?

EDIT: Ok, solved.

I opened the MDC theme zip file and removed the "app" folder containing the latest modifications. Perhaps they're just obsolete here because MoDaCo r12 already comes with a working black status bar, I dunno. At least no missing apps now!

Maybe someone should look into it because I doubt I was the only MoDaCo r12 user with this problem.

I messed up my Music.apk mod. Both files are STILL needed. They are not 100% important however right now, try playing an mp3 using stock Music player. Pull down notification bar...the text may be messed up. (Should be!) I reproduced the error, now i have fixed it and tested it working. I will post notice when all themes are updated.

Frankish, do your themes alter things like tick boxes, radio buttons etc?

If sou could they be in the screenshots please?

Nice themes btw...good job :D

Most theme do alter the radio buttons etc. I really don't want to add more screenshots. Most theme change the button and other bits to match the rest of the themes colour. Or in the some cases stay the same. More screenshots would take up more screen space and mean me flashing each theme again to do them...that's 15 new flashes and minimum 15 new screenshots to flip and join and upload :P

Guest Frankish

A few fixes.

MCR - Fixed bad Music.apk in theme, Fixed GenX Green images as i seemed to forget them. Already fixed in FLB and JJF.

All themes - Tweaked the Music/Download fix to fit themes better.

EDIT:

Seems in fixing the dodgy Music.apk for MCR i have accidentally added it to the FLB zips...i'm confusing myself now. Double checking my stuffs now. For now MCR EVERYTHING should work. JJF and FLB may remove Music.apk.

Uploading fixed (hopefully) files for FLB again now. Sorry about this guys, takes a long time to reflash roms to test themes so i don't always test everything.

Edited by Frankish

Guest limawhiskey

Enjoying these themes, thanks!

I have a request, if you get a chance - Gingerbread Thin Circle with a more textured notification overlay, as seen in Blue Gingerbread. It just helps give that extra definition between the notification screen and an underlying app and stops me getting confused when I tap and nothing happens! :P

Also if I pick a custom wallpaper, how do I get back to the theme's wallpaper?

Guest Frankish
Enjoying these themes, thanks!

I have a request, if you get a chance - Gingerbread Thin Circle with a more textured notification overlay, as seen in Blue Gingerbread. It just helps give that extra definition between the notification screen and an underlying app and stops me getting confused when I tap and nothing happens! :P

Also if I pick a custom wallpaper, how do I get back to the theme's wallpaper?

I wasn't aware there was a difference i thought i used the same image for all of the gingerbread themes.

I will upload a wallpaper pack of all wallpapers in the screenshots.

All themes should now work with modded Music.apk too. I personally flash all 3 supported roms and tested 2 different themes form each one. All worked fine.

Guest wishmasterf
I wasn't aware there was a difference i thought i used the same image for all of the gingerbread themes.

I will upload a wallpaper pack of all wallpapers in the screenshots.

All themes should now work with modded Music.apk too. I personally flash all 3 supported roms and tested 2 different themes form each one. All worked fine.

are the themes compatible with r8a of FB rom?