[Themes]Unified Theme Thread

Guest Frankish

Guest nabby21

Arggh, total noob sorry, please help though.

Yes the manic gibbon, thats the file i tried, i loaded it up from clockwork and got an aborted message, whats going wrong?

Also I dont know what Ive done, but when I press and hold volume down button on power up, the green android thing just fades and reappears..its not going into clockwork anymore

Guest TheManicGibbon

Okay things to try:

Make sure you're holding Volume Down until you actually get into clockwork, not just until the green android disappears, not being able to access it may be caused by simply not holding it down long enough.

Try flashing another theme file, such as one of mine (or Frankish's so I'm not accused of bias :o )

Try reinstalling Clockwork using this app

Also check that your theme file isnt corrupt: check the MD5 sum of your download and compare it with that listed on the forum download page. As far as I know, Frankish doesn't list his MD5s, but me and Flibblesan do

Hope one of these works for you :mellow:

Guest ShahinTehShiz

Will the Blue Gingerbread circle mod or gingerbread circle mod (green) work on SS RLS5?

I can't see anything about framwork etc changes.

Also do they include the power widget in the notification bar?

Thanks

Edited by ShahinTehShiz

Guest HMZX
Will the Blue Gingerbread circle mod or gingerbread circle mod (green) work on SS RLS5?

I can't see anything about framwork etc changes.

Also do they include the power widget in the notification bar?

Thanks

Try it, but make sure to do a nandroid first. the themes are confirmed with rls4 and kallt_kaffe has not said that the framework-res.apk has changed so IT SHOULD WORK

Guest TheManicGibbon
Try it, but make sure to do a nandroid first. the themes are confirmed with rls4 and kallt_kaffe has not said that the framework-res.apk has changed so IT SHOULD WORK

My themes use Frankish's Gingerbread Circle Mods as a base, and I've had them confirmed working by several people on SS RLS5...so yes :mellow:

Guest The Alpha Gamer

Is there an easy way to remove these themes if we end up missing the stock theme?

and what exactly do these themes change?

Edited by The Alpha Gamer

Guest Frankish

In ss rls5 looking at the changes kallte has made it looks like frameowrk-res.apk and services.jar are not touched. So my themes should definitely work on ss rls5 too. There are files provided in the download links for each rom to revert to stock theme.

The files only change clock colours, notification bar colours and icons and some other system images.

Guest ValiantSaint
In ss rls5 looking at the changes kallte has made it looks like frameowrk-res.apk and services.jar are not touched. So my themes should definitely work on ss rls5 too. There are files provided in the download links for each rom to revert to stock theme.

The files only change clock colours, notification bar colours and icons and some other system images.

Many thanks for all of your hard work, Frankish. I have just updated my new Blade to SS RLS5, and I would like to install a nice 2.3-based theme. So to do that, would I have to download the pack for the SS ROM, and then just drag and drop it (Still zipped) onto my phone? Out of all the GB themes, which one works the best? Cheers : )

Guest Mushroom_Lord
Many thanks for all of your hard work, Frankish. I have just updated my new Blade to SS RLS5, and I would like to install a nice 2.3-based theme. So to do that, would I have to download the pack for the SS ROM, and then just drag and drop it (Still zipped) onto my phone? Out of all the GB themes, which one works the best? Cheers : )

Just choose the theme you want and download the zip file and place it on your sd card.

Then go into clockwork and install zip from sd card.

when that is complete, reboot.

All the gingerbread themes work well :unsure:

I personally like the blue thin circle one...

Guest ValiantSaint
Just choose the theme you want and download the zip file and place it on your sd card.

Then go into clockwork and install zip from sd card.

when that is complete, reboot.

All the gingerbread themes work well :)

I personally like the blue thin circle one...

You again! What a helpful fellow you are! Thanks again, ML : )

EDIT: All done now! I'm now running the "Gingerbread Circle Mod" theme. Cool, eh? :unsure:

Edited by ValiantSaint

Guest Bob@Desire

Hello guys,

I'm using the JJ9 with the Blue Gingerbread Thin Circle Theme but I'm missing the provides name! (see the pic)

attachz.jpg

Any ideas? I'm grateful for any help

Thanks and greetings from Germany

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Heres a question to you themers:

Most likely @Frankish though :P

How do you change the colour of the call volume bar?

Mine is stock yellow, (Cm7) (looking to mod a Cm theme) (Which I cant do cause I FAIL at modding apk's :/ )

but @Frankish has changed it his in his themes...

Is there a set of images or values somewhere that need changing, and if so, where?

Guest TheManicGibbon
Heres a question to you themers:

Most likely @Frankish though :P

How do you change the colour of the call volume bar?

Mine is stock yellow, (Cm7) (looking to mod a Cm theme) (Which I cant do cause I FAIL at modding apk's :/ )

but @Frankish has changed it his in his themes...

Is there a set of images or values somewhere that need changing, and if so, where?

Changing the progress bar colour requires decompiling framework-res.apk, changing some values in progress_horizontal.xml using Notepad++ or similar (Editpad Lite is suggested by Frankish) and recompiling the .apk. Further details can be found in Frankish's excellent theme guide here. Section 1e is what you're after.

Hope this helps, and sorry it involves apk's <_<

Guest Mushroom_Lord
Changing the progress bar colour requires decompiling framework-res.apk, changing some values in progress_horizontal.xml using Notepad++ or similar (Editpad Lite is suggested by Frankish) and recompiling the .apk. Further details can be found in Frankish's excellent theme guide here. Section 1e is what you're after.

Hope this helps, and sorry it involves apk's :P

Cheers :rolleyes: and Its worth another shot, I think I was probably using some horrendously old tools or something!

Thanks again: will try now <_<

How the **** did I not see that? Despite mulling over that a few times :(

Edited by Mushroom_Lord

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

wy there are no energy Control in the Themes :(

you mean the settings control in the notification bar?

thats a rom thing, themes cant add it.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Can I be the dumbest poster on this thread and ask what I need to do to install these themes?

I've gathered I need to stick the theme (in its .zip form) onto the root of the SD card. Then I need to open Clockwork (Turn on the phone whilst holding the Volume Down button on the side of your phone. Continue to hold the Volume Down button for 5 seconds)

The do I simply go straight to 'Install .zip from SD card'? Pointing it toward the downloaded theme should be it, no? Then it will reboot by itself...? (I can't remember how I stuck my ROM on months ago now...)

Many thanks smile.gif