[Themes]Unified Theme Thread

Guest Frankish

Guest Tobriand

Lovely themes! I've been using the Galaxy S one on JJ9 (%age battery, dark notification, but not black) for a while now. Having touble changing it though - reflashed with TrueGengerbread (because of the black menus, which my flash of the Galaxy S one didn't have, despite having the white text)... and nothing changed.

Being on 0x90's mod, I figured this was because I'd removed the services.jar. So I reflashed with Stock (as is), intending to re-mod it later. And on loading, I still had the Galaxy S theme.

Anyone have any idea why this might be? I'm about to do a reflash, but it might be useful to know in the future.

Flashed files:

- JJ9

- HWUI addon

- Clock addon

- Galaxy S theme

- 0x90's mod (2.3)

------ Weeks pass; menus are white text on white background but icons make them semi-usable -----

- 0x90's mod (Final)

- Galaxy S theme (minus services.jar - just in case the white menus are now black)

- TrueGingerbread (Thin circle) (no services.jar)

- Stock (with services.jar)

About to try a JJ reflash; initially without wiping data, and then with (I figure updating to the same rom shouldn't need a data wipe, though I may be wrong).

Regardless, thanks for the themes muchly! They kinda rock!

Guest Frankish
Lovely themes! I've been using the Galaxy S one on JJ9 (%age battery, dark notification, but not black) for a while now. Having touble changing it though - reflashed with TrueGengerbread (because of the black menus, which my flash of the Galaxy S one didn't have, despite having the white text)... and nothing changed.

Being on 0x90's mod, I figured this was because I'd removed the services.jar. So I reflashed with Stock (as is), intending to re-mod it later. And on loading, I still had the Galaxy S theme.

Anyone have any idea why this might be? I'm about to do a reflash, but it might be useful to know in the future.

Flashed files:

- JJ9

- HWUI addon

- Clock addon

- Galaxy S theme

- 0x90's mod (2.3)

------ Weeks pass; menus are white text on white background but icons make them semi-usable -----

- 0x90's mod (Final)

- Galaxy S theme (minus services.jar - just in case the white menus are now black)

- TrueGingerbread (Thin circle) (no services.jar)

- Stock (with services.jar)

About to try a JJ reflash; initially without wiping data, and then with (I figure updating to the same rom shouldn't need a data wipe, though I may be wrong).

Regardless, thanks for the themes muchly! They kinda rock!

What recovery are you using?

@Comforter That theme is there it is just GenX with nothing else in the name.

I'm new to theming. How to get started? How to install...? Please put some links or something in your FAQ. Thanks :P

I'm running JJellyfish RLS9.

Edited by ocho

Great themes and great idea with the unified topic.

I tried the galaxy s theme for JJR9 and the menu button menu's are white with white fonts. The Icon's are gray as they are supposed to be, but the fonts are not. Either way great port!

i have that same problem... Would you like to fix that because thats very cool theme:)

Guest rufree2talk

Awesome themes. Have used Blue Gingerbread extensively and totally love it. Love the transparent Notifications menu for all themes. Great work Frankish.

Btw, I happened to use MNML Theme with MCR r12 yesterday and for the first time I noticed black-on-black notifications for some apps like Beautiful Widgets/SIPDroid, etc. Other notifications like USB Debugging Mode etc. were properly white-on-black.

I am taking a look at the Theming tutorial by Frankish to understand what could be changed, but I've still not hit the bullseye... I have highlighted them with a red-box in the png below...

well otherwise the phone looks pretty slick now...

post-805608-1297590027_thumb.pngpost-805608-1297590163_thumb.png

Guest limawhiskey
I wasn't aware there was a difference i thought i used the same image for all of the gingerbread theme.
Sorry, it is the same. The "texture" is in the wallpaper, I mistakenly thought that was part of the overlay.

Thanks for uploading the wallpapers.

Guest Frankish
Awesome themes. Have used Blue Gingerbread extensively and totally love it. Love the transparent Notifications menu for all themes. Great work Frankish.

Btw, I happened to use MNML Theme with MCR r12 yesterday and for the first time I noticed black-on-black notifications for some apps like Beautiful Widgets/SIPDroid, etc. Other notifications like USB Debugging Mode etc. were properly white-on-black.

I am taking a look at the Theming tutorial by Frankish to understand what could be changed, but I've still not hit the bullseye... I have highlighted them with a red-box in the png below...

well otherwise the phone looks pretty slick now...

post-805608-1297590027_thumb.pngpost-805608-1297590163_thumb.png

I have answered this in a PM but want to answer this here for others to see.

The above notifications are personally controlled by the individual apps, this means to fix them you would have to decompile and manually change the text colour for each app and possibly for each update to that app too.

Alternatively we could use a light background for the notification section but how much would that damage the integrity of the themes appearance... Looks vs functionality...

Functionality generally wins...

Guest Frankish

Functionality wins however i think the MNML theme at least doesn't look too bad with the light notification backgrounds. This will also reduce the .zip size as i could remove the DownloadProvider.apk and Music.apk from themes. The other themes i will probably change to the Gingerbread style background where appropriate rather than flat white.

Does it look ok to you guys? At the end of the day functionality should win though.

screenshot34y.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Guest rufree2talk
Does it look ok to you guys? At the end of the day functionality should win though.

I just asked a question and you already have a solution for me! and here I was ready with apktool and everything ready to sift my way through the framework-res.apk to find and replace the light background related files from your MCR Desire Sense theme!

respect dude, respect! thanks so much... total white doesn't look all that bad, but if you notice the ADW Minimal theme I have been using in my Blade in my previous post, the general concept is white-over-black... keeping that in mind, I think the Desire Sense theme concept i.e. white-over-grey would be a better replacement for your MNML theme, what say? cause black-over-grey isn't at all bad as we can see in the Gingerbread themes... what say?

Guest Frankish
I just asked a question and you already have a solution for me! and here I was ready with apktool and everything ready to sift my way through the framework-res.apk to find and replace the light background related files from your MCR Desire Sense theme!

respect dude, respect! thanks so much... total white doesn't look all that bad, but if you notice the ADW Minimal theme I have been using in my Blade in my previous post, the general concept is white-over-black... keeping that in mind, I think the Desire Sense theme concept i.e. white-over-grey would be a better replacement for your MNML theme, what say? cause black-over-grey isn't at all bad as we can see in the Gingerbread themes... what say?

You have headfucked me there mate...what are you asking for? All i have done is gone to default text colour and used Desire Sense white backgrounds.

Guest rufree2talk
You have headfucked me there mate...what are you asking for? All i have done is gone to default text colour and used Desire Sense white backgrounds.

oh boy! sorry about that... well nevermind... this is awesome in itself... I'll totally take it... please update the MNML theme with this change... thanks!

Guest Frankish
oh boy! sorry about that... well nevermind... this is awesome in itself... I'll totally take it... please update the MNML theme with this change... thanks!

It's ok bud i just didn't quite understand it. Did you mean you want the background grey instead of white? I'll upload the current changes now, i have done all 3 roms MNML themes to look like the above screenshot.

Guest rufree2talk
It's ok bud i just didn't quite understand it. Did you mean you want the background grey instead of white? I'll upload the current changes now, i have done all 3 roms MNML themes to look like the above screenshot.

ya exactly... I just thought that the white background is a bit too glaring... a grey bg wouldn't be a good fit in a MNML theme, but it would be easier on the eyes... and also a grey bg is good for both white/black text...

Guest Frankish
ya exactly... I just thought that the white background is a bit too glaring... a grey bg wouldn't be a good fit in a MNML theme, but it would be easier on the eyes... and also a grey bg is good for both white/black text...

I suppose but i honestly think it looks ok on screen. Try it out we will see how it goes for people.

MNML now uploaded for all three roms. All text should be visible.

Guest rufree2talk

something got messed up with the MCR MNML theme! it looks like the stock theme now... this is what I have... and sorry but the white is too white... I really think grey would be better suited... can we? please?

post-805608-1297607656_thumb.png

Guest Frankish

:P

Yeah i noticed that. Fixing a LOT of things at once so i might have missed bits. I'll let you know when i have uploaded ANOTHER FIX just as it is for now. Then i'll look at refining.

Just noticed that my GPS icon in the notification bar is gone. Is this a known issue with these themes(I'm using the Gingerbread Circular for JJ)? Any way of getting it back? It's quite useful since I usually drain my batteries on the gps otherwise.

Guest Pelemane
Just noticed that my GPS icon in the notification bar is gone. Is this a known issue with these themes(I'm using the Gingerbread Circular for JJ)? Any way of getting it back? It's quite useful since I usually drain my batteries on the gps otherwise.

GPS icon disappears if nothing is using GPS. If something uses GPS it comes back.